• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Remove impossible DC's (without spending diamonds)?

• Thread starter DeletedUser32355
  • Start date

DeletedUser32355

PLEASE NOTE: This thread only wants to address the DC's that are impossible without spending diamonds (not the ones that say, for example, "Collect 24k supplies"). I also posted this is Forge Hall to gather a community opinion before making it a proposal.

When completing my Daily Challenges late, I noticed that they were, sometimes, 100% impossible without spending diamonds. For example, I has 4 1/2 hours left to complete it when I selected my reward (therefore starting it) and it called for "10 8-hour productions in production buildings". This would be impossible without spending Diamonds to instantly finish the productions.

If this gets a good community opinion, I will make a proposal addressing these almost impossible Daily Challenges, asking they be changed to a Daily Challenge possible without spending the diamonds to "Finish Instantly". As with the example above, it would be changed to "Finish 10 4-four productions". If there was 3 hours left, it could be "Finish 20 1-hour productions". If there were 1 1/2 hours left, it would be "Finish 10 1-hour productions", and so on.

Would this be a useful change to the game?

DeletedUser31440

Why not change your DC timer so that a new challenge starts when you first login for the day? Seems much easier than changing the way DC's are coded and more inline with the whole strategy portion of a strategy game.

Cycloppps

You need to start earlier. Change start time if needed. You are no longer penalized for missing a day.

Arya66

Why only 4 1/2 hours left to complete?? You have 24 hours to complete from your timer's "starting" time.
Change "start" time on your timer and start them then.

Last edited:

Algona

I has 4 1/2 hours left to complete it when I selected my reward (therefore starting it) and it called for "10 8-hour productions in production buildings"

Are you absolutely sure about this?

I did a lot of experimenting when DCs first came out, including when I opened chests. I never got 8 Hour Supply Collections when I started under 8 hours or 4 Hour Supply Collections when I started under 4 hours.

But I admit I only did that a half dozen or so times each , I could have just been lucky.

Anybody else ever get this exact problem?

BruteForceAttack

going by your logic what should happen for ppl who start the quest 2 mins before next day...say 7.58 am if 8am when when your dc starts?

Jern2017

The daily challenge starts at an exact time you can choose for yourself. Maybe you're having issues because it starts when you're not playing. For example, it could start at 3am and you first log in to the game at 11pm, that means the DC has already been running for 6 hours when you chose which of the two rewards you want to get.

cbalto1927

The daily challenge starts at an exact time you can choose for yourself. Maybe you're having issues because it starts when you're not playing. For example, it could start at 3am and you first log in to the game at 11pm, that means the DC has already been running for 6 hours when you chose which of the two rewards you want to get.

Yeah, wait until you get a " finish 8 hour productions 36 times" quest. That's must be very painful to do in 24 hours timeframe. :eek:

DeletedUser

I don't know if the information @Algona found early in the DC era is still valid. If it is, this idea is not necessary. However, if things have changed and you are correct in thinking you can get 8 hour challenges with less than 8 hours left, I think it should be left that way. To me it's no different from an event. If you wait until the last few days to start it, why should an accommodation be made for that? And even less so with DCs, because you can change the starting time so it is convenient for you. That's all the help that should be provided, or it isn't much of a challenge, now is it?

DeletedUser31592

I did a lot of experimenting when DCs first came out, including when I opened chests. I never got 8 Hour Supply Collections when I started under 8 hours or 4 Hour Supply Collections when I started under 4 hours.

But I admit I only did that a half dozen or so times each , I could have just been lucky.

The chests used to reset at midnight. So, if you opened after midnight and you left it at the standard 8:00 am, it wouldn't give you those. They did away with the reset a few months ago, as it was never intended.

DeletedUser31592

OP- I have my DCs come on in the evening- I change it between 8, 9, and 10 pm depending on what my life is like. Anyway, it lets me set up my city before going to bed, so 8 hour productions are a breeze. I'm already done with 3 of my 7 cities and their challenges just started. It is so much easier than having it in the morning.

wolfhoundtoo

Yes I've gotten a few complete production quests that were 'impossible' when I've started them late. Which is just fine really......we all have the option to select when our timer starts so waiting till the end to get 'easier' quests doesn't seem something Inno should encourage

Algona

Yes I've gotten a few complete production quests that were 'impossible' when I've started them late.

Thanks! Always collecting info on DCs, so much appreciated!

" finish 8 hour productions 36 times"

The most I;ve seen on 8 hour is 22, Has anyone seen more?

The chests used to reset at midnight.

Yeah, it was a bug triggered during Events. I (ab)used that to recycle to much better Chests. it;s also what prompted me to try different chest opening times.

DeletedUser32348

It never crossed 10 for me in "Finish 8 hrs production"
but it went 16 for "Finish 4 hrs Productions"
and over 60 for "Finish 5 minutes Production"
332vt5t.jpg

I wish i cud get the next set of DC by spending 10 diamonds without even changing the clock.
That can give chances to "Finish 24 hrs Production"
But it would go to waste if it involved any tasks with C-maps.

DeletedUser26965

While I'm new to DC's myself I can only repeat the sentiments in the responses. DC's tasks are given 24 hours to complete and so as long as tasks can be completed within those 24 hours without the need to spend diamonds then IG has structured it fairly in that regard therefore not impossible to complete within the given timeframe w/o spending diamonds as your premise suggests. You even state yourself "When completing my Daily Challenges late..." so it is you who has forced yourself into the position of either failing the task or spending diamonds.

You ask then for a change that's not very specific but I will suppose it being that whenever someone starts the DC despite how much time is left on the timer they ought only be given tasks which can be completed in that timeframe. To which I can again express something like what BruteForceAttack has, what if someone just waits 10 minutes before the challenge ends that day? What tasks will they be given in that situation? Finish 1 5 minute production then win? And if so why would then anyone do any other DC than that? All they would have to do is wait until the timer is almost up, collect and win. Doesn't sound like much of a challenge to me.

Lancer

As simple as setting up a time that fits it to your schedule so that you when it starts a new you are available to pick the reward and view the challenge at the earliest moment possible in the given 24 hour period so if it calls for such production quantities you can get them going. Also use a certain amount of space for small production buildings like blacksmith shop to maximize productivity with minimal utilized space.

Snarko

Also use a certain amount of space for small production buildings like blacksmith shop to maximize productivity with minimal utilized space.
While I don't agree with the OP for all of the reasons already mentioned, this I consider a problem with the DCs. Partially because the supply production requirements are age based. Yes you have more space in later ages but you also generally have larger supply production buildings. It makes sense for collect coins or spend FP to increase by age but not as much for production quests.

I'm in such a low age it's not an issue but there are so many people in higher ages with lower age production buildings than I have. That just feels wrong.
Maybe it would make more sense to be "of your age or the age below" (like with donate guild goods). With the numbers adjusted based on how a city is realistically set up while still providing some challenge.

DeletedUser26965

While I don't agree with the OP for all of the reasons already mentioned, this I consider a problem with the DCs. Partially because the supply production requirements are age based. Yes you have more space in later ages but you also generally have larger supply production buildings. It makes sense for collect coins or spend FP to increase by age but not as much for production quests.

I'm in such a low age it's not an issue but there are so many people in higher ages with lower age production buildings than I have. That just feels wrong.
Maybe it would make more sense to be "of your age or the age below" (like with donate guild goods). With the numbers adjusted based on how a city is realistically set up while still providing some challenge.
You should read through the Daily Challenge Feedback threads on here, Beta, anywhere. The number one complaint about DC since inception has been the production quests but they haven't changed it and most likely won't. Space is also one of the top things asked for, complained about etc. They won't accept anything that affects the rate of release or how many or whatever in regards to expansions. I forget now when they did it, maybe a year ago or so? But they made the city building area much bigger so I wouldn't expect anything like that again for some time. If you're at the end game now with all the available expansions bought that leaves 27 expansion slots available no one can buy now until more ages open up, so they've planned ahead quite aways.

Here I have all but 2 last expansion left in OF to get.

city-expansions.gif

Last edited by a moderator: