• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Remove ourselves from inactive players contribution list

DeletedUser40102

Hi, it would be best to allow a player to remove himself from a GB contribution list. Obviously loosing his position upon confirmation to do so.

We need an option to remove our selves from the GB contribution list of players who stopped playing or just stopped leveling a building. Specially when they stopped playing.

Why? Because the number of players who stopped playing increases. If those have a certain amount of diamonds or at age above EMA then inno wont do anything.

DeletedUser37581

Of course, you'd lose your invested FPs also, right? But why is it a problem if the number of players who stopped playing increases?

UBERhelp1

-1. And that's if it is in the correct format. Which it isn't. There is so much potential for abuse with this. One player or account puts most of the FP on the GB, with a second account putting a few on to lock the rest. The first account removes their claim on the spot, and the second account gets rewards for basically free.

Also, I can see a lot of forum posts complaining about losing their spots. "I accidentally clicked it..."

I think it has a potential to prevent abuse with following change - If a player has been inactive or if the GB leveling has been inactive for "X" number of days/months, then everyone who locked into that GB gets FP back. Free up GB level as if nothing was ever done to it. I will definitely get rid of 2/3 pages of contribution list because I know those players have been inactive ever since Feb'19.

That "X" will definitely have to be a conservative number to ensure nothing is likely ever gonna happen because of inactivity. Inno can easily get that data out.

Even if it can simply just clean up my contribution list and not give any FP back, I am okay with that too. Not sure how easy it will be to implement though.

DeletedUser38090

Don’t be a fool and donate to a Great Building without asking the player first to see if they are actively leveling it.

DeletedUser

Proposals need to be in proper format. You can find the proper format in this thread:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/
You can change the original post to the proper format using the Edit button. Pending proper format, I am moving this thread to Forge Hall for discussion. If you have questions about this or about why the proper format is needed, you may PM me. You can do this by clicking on my name and going to my profile page and click on "Start a Conversation". I will respond usually within 24 hours.

If/when you put this proposal in proper format, post a message here with my name in this format: @Stephen Longshanks and I will move it back to the Proposals section of the Forum.

DeletedUser

As a player, I am never in favor of getting GB contributions back except through having a reward position at leveling. Period. Once you donate, the FP are gone. The only possible valid game reason would be to get the GB off your list, but I would only be in favor of having the ability to remove the listing, not get the FP back. And since any GBs not donated to will slide to the end of your contribution list where they can easily be ignored, even that isn't a very good reason to waste the developers' time.

Super Catanian

Like someone else said on this forum (forgot who, sorry), when a Forge Point is donated to a Great Building, for practical purposes, it ceases to exist, and is gone forever, where it can never be used. The contribution system is more of an auction, and it has always been that way. Nothing will ever change that.

Formatted or not, -1 BIG NO.

Agent327

Hi, it would be best to allow a player to remove himself from a GB contribution list. Obviously loosing his position upon confirmation to do so.

We need an option to remove our selves from the GB contribution list of players who stopped playing or just stopped leveling a building. Specially when they stopped playing.

Why? Because the number of players who stopped playing increases. If those have a certain amount of diamonds or at age above EMA then inno wont do anything.

The option is there. It is called waiting.

DeletedUser37617

I I know those players have been inactive ever since Feb'19.

I have some that have been inactive since last year, so I can top that! I agree with most that it would be nice to not have those pages of inactive GBs, but I see so many ways that it could be abused... perhaps if those accounts were deleted they would actually go away :) I wouldn't even mind if I lost those FP forever if it means fewer pages...

Jern2017

While I am against any form of FP returns when it comes to to inactive players, I certainly wouldn't mind some of the GBs on my contribution list gone. I have two that I donated one and two FPs to about two years ago, I don't know why (probably didn't know why then either, as I was new to the game).

DeletedUser11463

Didn't they change the rules a while back saying inactive players would be removed after a period of time? If so, then eventually, even the big players who stopped playing will be gone. That would be good for many reasons and would solve this issue. As far as non-levelers, well that you'll have to live with....

DeletedUser31442

Didn't they change the rules a while back saying inactive players would be removed after a period of time? If so, then eventually, even the big players who stopped playing will be gone. That would be good for many reasons and would solve this issue. As far as non-levelers, well that you'll have to live with....

I recall that announcement and its a good thing I'm not 'holding my breath' waiting on that happening as so far not so much as one year plus (some closing in on two) inactive player has been removed.

Emberguard

I recall that announcement and its a good thing I'm not 'holding my breath' waiting on that happening as so far not so much as one year plus (some closing in on two) inactive player has been removed.
An account is deleted from not logging in for the space of 1 year -OR- 3 years from date of last diamond purchase. Even a single log in during that time would reset the clock which would be why they've not been removed.

Logging into the forum will keep the account active the same as if they had logged into the game. It is possible for a world to auto-delete after 30 days but the conditions are such that it's highly unlikely to trigger unless you didn't finish the tutorial

BilgeRatt

I have 2 GB contributions with about 56fp each on abandoned accounts. I would be happy to forfeit those fp's just to get those nagging useless GB accounts off my list.
Sure they are at the bottom but they remind me what a fool I am every time I see em.

Triopoly Champion

Of course, you'd lose your invested FPs also, right? But why is it a problem if the number of players who stopped playing increases?
This is why I have banked lots of fps in my inventory because the corona-virus crisis has caused lots of players to suddenly quit the game. Almost every top player lost some investments between March to May 2020, the key is whether you are affordable of the lose and still able to function afterward.

Some players tend to spend to the limit, when their fps ran into the deadlocks, then they were in deep troubles, same in FoE game and for the real life.