• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Research a Tech Quest: Forcing You to Use Diamonds?

DeletedUser26965

What if you have a quest to "research a tech" with no other option with it and this is the last tech you have left in the research tree?

jwkFM79.jpg

DeletedUser8152

If you have reached the end of the tech tree, then the quest will auto-complete even if you have left uncompleted techs behind.

DeletedUser27544

Are you sure about this? I was forced to move to EMA in Sinerania last time research a tech was a quest.
Btw, ever since you opened oceanic future you give us no alternative to such quest! Before OF, each event had research tech OR ... something else (like spend 30FP). Why can't you just return the alternative because I'm in HMA only 3 weeks, and I need to move on in LMA now if I want to finish the spring quest. And like shown above, the only tech I have is the multistory houses :(

And taking out FP packs after more than a year is really downgrade, what good does it brings, none! and why did inno even let that happen, beats me :(

I'm losing interest in a game that shows more problems than I had when I started playing. btw your 140 invites proposal is still pending, from december, right?

JESUS?! :eek::confused:

DeletedUser26154

are you sure about this? I was forced to move to EMA in Sinerania last time research a tech was a quest.

Hello Soski.
What Jaelis means by that, is if you are literally at the end of your tech tree, in Ocean Future, and done with that.
Then those research tech quests automatically complete.
Even if, in that specific case, you have unfinished techs from past eras.

images (9).jpg

That Auto-complete quest thing, doesn't apply until you are at the end of the Ocean Future Tech Tree.

DeletedUser26154

I'm losing interest in a game that shows more problems than I had when I started playing. btw your 140 invites proposal is still pending, from december, right?

The other day, I had no choice but to rebuild my friend list.
I had to un-invite a majority of them.
I sent them good bye letters, explaining why I had to do it, for better trade partners.

Then I invited a bunch of new ones who are near my era or higher.
I have 81 friends now, and that's it.
I can't invite anymore.

My Tavern doesn't get nearly as much Silver.
But my M/P doesn't seem affected.
Most on my old list M/P once every few days.
This smaller list does it daily.

So I have a lot less lag, less silver, and the same M/P as before.
And a much better market for goods my era and above.

Soski, if your list of friends seems to have lost it's ability to fulfill your needs for goods, then it's time time to remake it.

images (6).jpg

If you do that, I highly recommend sending some sort of good bye letter to the ones you talked to.

DeletedUser26154

And taking out FP packs after more than a year is really downgrade

Three for the price of one.
FP packs are not going anywhere.
It does not make a lot of sense as to why some were taken out.
But we'll be alright.

I'm out of the habit of using FP packs.
I'll gather some up for events, but that's it.

Why can't you just return the alternative because I'm in HMA only 3 weeks, and I need to move on in LMA now if I want to finish the spring quest. And like shown above, the only tech I have is the multistory houses

Unfortunate some players do get hung up on the tech quest.
About 1 in 10 do, just by where they are specifically at in their tech three.
And other legit factors.

Unrelated... but if you do have those diamonds available, it's a sweet building tech to have.
If you do plan on staying in that era for awhile.
Do that tech, replace all your houses with Multi-story ones.
And then cash in on the Repeating Rinbin quests.
That will get you even more coins, supplies, goods, medals, and rarely, Diamonds.
That's what I did.

images (3).jpg

But we can totally understand why a person wouldn't want to be forced to do a tech if they are in that minority.

wolfhoundtoo

Are you sure about this? I was forced to move to EMA in Sinerania last time research a tech was a quest.
Btw, ever since you opened oceanic future you give us no alternative to such quest! Before OF, each event had research tech OR ... something else (like spend 30FP). Why can't you just return the alternative because I'm in HMA only 3 weeks, and I need to move on in LMA now if I want to finish the spring quest. And like shown above, the only tech I have is the multistory houses :(

And taking out FP packs after more than a year is really downgrade, what good does it brings, none! and why did inno even let that happen, beats me :(

JESUS?! :eek::confused:

You will never need to spend diamonds on a tech. As mentioned by Ardak once you completed all non-diamond techs then for quests that require tech research they auto complete. The problem is the final techs are in Oceanic now.........which I presume you aren't in as of yet.

DeletedUser25171

You will never need to spend diamonds on a tech. As mentioned by Ardak once you completed all non-diamond techs then for quests that require tech research they auto complete. The problem is the final techs are in Oceanic now.........which I presume you aren't in as of yet.

The person you're responding to literally wrote that the only tech he has left is Multistory Houses. WHICH IS A TECH THAT REQUIRES DIAMONDS.

DeletedUser25273

Except that it really isn't his only tech left, it is just the only tech that doesn't advance him an age which he doesn't want to do. Once you reach the end of the tech tree (which is now the end of Oceanic), even if you have previous undone tech, this quest will auto complete.

The issue is not wanting to advance, so he needs to decide, pay diamonds, advance, or stop doing the special events quest. Some people, once they pay those diamonds, won't even have that option, they can reach the point where it is advance or not complete the quest. In effect, the events tend to limit/punish people who want to overstay in an age.

DeletedUser9433

The person you're responding to literally wrote that the only tech he has left is Multistory Houses. WHICH IS A TECH THAT REQUIRES DIAMONDS.
What he literally wrote is incorrect as explained by nearly every post above that you must have failed to read.

DeletedUser27544

THIS IS BULLSHIT! WHY CAN'T THEY JUST GIVE AN ALTERNATIVE TO RESEARCH TECH LIKE IT WAS BEFORE OCEANIC?! i WILL STOP PLAYING THIS GAME BECAUSE IT GOTTEN ALL WORSE!
so I need to spend 600 diamonds!?!?! 600!! for EMA houses and I'm in late LMA in one world? so help me God and let someone make a proposal cuz no way I will advance each time there's a quest going on. so many people complaining in chats and noone does nothing. what a BS

DeletedUser27544

Except that it really isn't his only tech left, it is just the only tech that doesn't advance him an age which he doesn't want to do. Once you reach the end of the tech tree (which is now the end of Oceanic), even if you have previous undone tech, this quest will auto complete.

The issue is not wanting to advance, so he needs to decide, pay diamonds, advance, or stop doing the special events quest. Some people, once they pay those diamonds, won't even have that option, they can reach the point where it is advance or not complete the quest. In effect, the events tend to limit/punish people who want to overstay in an age.

Exactly! and all because oceanic is up!! before it was up, there ALWAYS WAS an alternative quest!! BRING IT BACK PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU, INNO! :'(
NO ONE should be forced to do tech if one doesn't want to! this is not some build this or that quest, this is much serious quest and directly forces people to play against they will!

DeletedUser25273

Long before Oceanic came out, people have been complaining about being required to research a technology, as most events had a research a technology quest, and only a few had an alternate (and that was notable enough that some people posted thanks for the alternative.

If you are using a method of play that wants to 'soak' in an age for a while, you need to leave several technologies for events (depending on how long you want to be able to soak) or accept that you either need to skip the event or advance in age.

The continent map is similar, but maybe not as hard of a line, the issue can be more that some map advances will trigger side quests, which can get in the way of grinding recurring quests.

DeletedUser

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to advance in Age to complete a research quest in an event, well...I'd have at least a quarter. LOL

Seriously, this has been going on since the first event I was here for back in the summer of 2015, and undoubtedly before that back to the first event Inno did in this game. Here's how you avoid it, if you want to stay in an early age. Leave a dead-end tech researched but not unlocked. In EMA, all 3 techs for goods are dead ends, and since you only get 2 boosts, that leaves at least 1 of those techs as ripe for this tactic. And if you leave as many dead end techs as you can full on FPs but not unlocked as you move up, you can go back several ages when these quests come up. It's called planning ahead. Much better than not planning, then whining to everyone. :D

DeletedUser27544

dont you people remember that each event had "research a technology OR spend 30 forge points"??? where did that go? disappear in a thin air? look under every event from summer 2016 'til now that Oceanic is up and you'll see eaCh research HAD its alternative!! how else could I finish eash event and stay in IA in S world 'til now!?

too bad too little people show up here and there in chat and guilds threads and few friends I wrote with ALL complained!
btw Oceanic looks awful. I'll prolly stop playing once I fill the LMA tree. No point in playing game that's only downgrading and requires money for each event in order to get everything you need.

DeletedUser25273

Lets look at the events since the beginning of 2016 (from the fan wiki)

MLK (Quest 8): Research a technology
Valentines (day 8): Research a technology AND spend 7 Forge Points
Leap Day (Quest 8): "Research a technology" and "Spend 7 Forge Points"

Easter: (March 21 and 31): Contribute 14 Forge Points to Great Buildings or research a technology
Yuri Gargarin (Quest 5): Research a technology
Soccer (Quest 23) Contribute 20 Forge Points to Great Buildings or research a technology
May Day (Quest 13): Research any technology or spend 20 Forge Points

Isadora Duncan (Quest 5): "Research a technology" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"
Summer (Quest 7) Research a technology or spend 20 Forge Points
Mary Stuart (Quest 7): "Research a technology" and "Spend 10 Forge Points"
Sisi (Quest 7) "Research a technology" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"

Fall: No Technology Quest
Halloween (Quest 10): Invest in the tree and complete one of these
Montgolfier (Quest 8): "Gain 200 total population" and "Research a technology"

Winter(Dec 11): Research a technology or spend 30 Forge Points

Tour de France (Quest 8): Research a technology or build 2 military buildings from your current age or 3 from the previous agenival:
Carnival: No Technology Quest

Albert Einstein (Quest 5): "Research a technology" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"

So definitely not ALL events had the option (and my understand was the Easter event giving the option got remarks about being a change in giving the option, so unlikely any before then did). Maybe you just got a bit spoiled that many of the recent events did give an option.