• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Research a Tech Quest: Forcing You to Use Diamonds?

wolfhoundtoo

dont you people remember that each event had "research a technology OR spend 30 forge points"??? where did that go? disappear in a thin air? look under every event from summer 2016 'til now that Oceanic is up and you'll see eaCh research HAD its alternative!! how else could I finish eash event and stay in IA in S world 'til now!?

too bad too little people show up here and there in chat and guilds threads and few friends I wrote with ALL complained!
btw Oceanic looks awful. I'll prolly stop playing once I fill the LMA tree. No point in playing game that's only downgrading and requires money for each event in order to get everything you need.

I think you seriously need to look at the tech tree again if you think Oceanic follows LMA or EMA. There is exactly ZERO reason you can't move to the next age other than that you don't want to do so. If that means you leave the game well that's on you.

P.S. I've been camped in FE and have no techs for quite awhile now that I can do without advancing. I CHOSE not to advance. Only difference between you and me is I realize that it was my choice. :)

DeletedUser28015

Except that it really isn't his only tech left

And you know this how? You have jumped to an unwarranted to conclusion.

What he literally wrote is incorrect as explained by nearly every post above that you must have failed to read.

You're wrong, and it is you who can't read, or distinguish between two different people, Soski who is not at the end of the tech tree, and the OP, sloppyjoeslayer, who is, and his only tech left is multi-story houses, which requires diamonds, which is why he still has it.

If you folks would spend a bit more time looking and thinking instead of jumping to conclusions and lecturing your betters, you would notice that Multistory Houses is a dead end, and you would notice the green bars to the right of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

What if you have a quest to "research a tech" with no other option with it and this is the last tech you have left in the research tree?

Hello SJS.
If I were to answer that question myself, with me being in that situation.
I would have to decide if it's worth paying the diamonds.
I intelligently purchased that option the moment it was available.

4d96b8c7e91bb20df7ef0c6ec840fd50.png

Then cashed in with the Rinbin repeating coins quest.
Having those houses at that early age gave me a huge benefit with boosted production.
Like getting all the premium houses you want for that era, after paying an initial fee.

With all respect to all people here, and their individual situations.
If you are in this spot, it's not a good thing.
But not Inno's fault, because a great majority of the players have no problems with tech quests.

images (9).jpg

Meet my new Sergeant At Arms.

DeletedUser26154

And taking out FP packs after more than a year is really downgrade, what good does it brings, none!

Hello Soski.
I agree on this, and there's no logic in removing some FP packs, but leaving others.
Other than the progress thing, but FP pack removal on this tiny, annoying scale won't make any difference.

dont you people remember that each event had "research a technology OR spend 30 forge points"??? where did that go? disappear in a thin air?

I was wondering where it went, too.
Now would have been a good time for it.
Right now, I have to progress into Tomorrow Era for me to do anymore of these tech quests.
I'm fresh-out of freebies as well

too bad too little people show up here and there in chat and guilds threads and few friends I wrote with ALL complained!

I feel you here Soski.
In all honesty, it's because a majority of players can handle these tech quests as they advance their game.
On the other hand, it really helps to plan several months and several techs in advance, to make it work for our Events.

The whole Research Tech thing is meant to be a hurtle to "work" for, such as work is in this game.
Work means progressing your tech tree and conquering your Continent map.
The Events add this element to encourage players to progress their city forward.

I've come to accept that, and I stake out techs I can hold off on, as I work through the eras.

11af4fef35cf5766fafa2bb23cc51497.png

This is where I'm at now with my tech tree.
I just have to click Fusion Power and I'm there.
The three techs I have circled I have set aside for the next three contests.
Yes, one is an expansion, but I'm pretty good on land and not craving that one extra plot.

Still a little short on a couple of goods, so I'm staying back, to be on the safe side.
I calculate how much of any good I'll need, then some extra, until I'm able to produce it as Unrefined goods.
Then after I have what I feel is enough, I'll progress forward from that era of production.

This is how I look at my tech tree now days.
I figure what I'll need to finish, then set aside the ones I can leave for the Events.

download (1).jpg

It's a matter of making a choice and planning a head.

wolfhoundtoo

Hello SJS.
If I were to answer that question myself, with me being in that situation.
I would have to decide if it's worth paying the diamonds.
I intelligently purchased that option the moment it was available.

View attachment 3477

Then cashed in with the Rinbin repeating coins quest.
Having those houses at that early age gave me a huge benefit with boosted production.
Like getting all the premium houses you want for that era, after paying an initial fee.

With all respect to all people here, and their individual situations.
If you are in this spot, it's not a good thing.
But not Inno's fault, because a great majority of the players have no problems with tech quests.

View attachment 3478

Meet my new Sergeant At Arms.

I've been at the end of the tech tree for events/quest that required a research tech with the only tech left undone was multistory houses. So long as it was "research a tech" ONLY it auto completes. You are NOT forced to spend diamonds to do so. Inno excludes the diamond techs from this requirement.

DeletedUser27544

great! see how many quests had alternative. I don't see why others chose not to ask for alternative quest.
As for the others I won't even answer cuz they totally misunderstood me. I'd need the whole page to correct each one's answer to my posts.

so my bad, it wasn't ALWAYS, it was OFTEN. Fine now?

as for the diamond tech, I DID NOT have auto complete at the end of HMA in O, and I was forced to move to LMA.
is it somehow against rules of the game to be in one era for long time? cuz it sure looks that way!
I feel like a refugee! was already irl, now I'm being a refugee even in the game?! jefke!!

and seriously, most of you feel like attacking me cuz I'm pissed off cuz I had to move into new era?! and I'm saying here what I heard in all worlds either in chat or in the guild threads and you're attacking me?! I choose to stay in an era at least few weeks and you're attacking me cuz you feel otherwise?! did I attack any of you with the way you play? I attack inno for they don't give us alternative in this spring event and there are research techs twice! and for overall giving less alternative to such a vital quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25273

Yes, in the past year they started to offer alternatives in some events. My understanding was prior to that there wasn't ever an alternative. Those wanting to stay back in ages therefore should be thankful when they are given the option, but shouldn't expect it.

I see one aspect of event is to remind players of some actions that they can do in the games, sometimes getting them out of the 'Groove' (or Rut by another name) they are in. Another is to encourage/reward people progressing 'normally' in the game. Yes, if a player has adopted an unusual game style (which staying in IA for months is), then yes, events may cause some difficulties.

In the case of Research a Technology, maybe Inno has decided that holding back isn't TOTALLY bad, so has offered some events that can be done that way. As shown with some of the comments with eliminating Forge Point Packs from some activities, they do seem to still want to encourage a steady advancement, not a sit a soak and then sprint to soak again.

DeletedUser

great! see how many quests had alternative. I don't see why others chose not to ask for alternative quest.
As for the others I won't even answer cuz they totally misunderstood me. I'd need the whole page to correct each one's answer to my posts.

so my bad, it wasn't ALWAYS, it was OFTEN. Fine now?

as for the diamond tech, I DID NOT have auto complete at the end of HMA in O, and I was forced to move to LMA.
is it somehow against rules of the game to be in one era for long time? cuz it sure looks that way!
I feel like a refugee! was already irl, now I'm being a refugee even in the game?! jefke!!

and seriously, most of you feel like attacking me cuz I'm pissed off cuz I had to move into new era?! and I'm saying here what I heard in all worlds either in chat or in the guild threads and you're attacking me?! I choose to stay in an era at least few weeks and you're attacking me cuz you feel otherwise?! did I attack any of you with the way you play? I attack inno for they don't give us alternative in this spring event and there are research techs twice! and for overall giving less alternative to such a vital quest.
According to the Wiki page, the second research tech quest (in the 1 a day quests) has the spend FP option.

DeletedUser8152

Indeed, the autocomplete only happens if you have finished the very last techs on the tree (at this time, that's Laser Rust Removal and Mechanical Claws). I hope that has been clarified now.

Not at all, you are perfectly welcome to sit as long as you like. However, you will have to give up certain things if you do, among them being finishing some event quest lines. What that is worth it or not is up to you.

DeletedUser27544

Indeed, the autocomplete only happens if you have finished the very last techs on the tree (at this time, that's Laser Rust Removal and Mechanical Claws). I hope that has been clarified now.

Not at all, you are perfectly welcome to sit as long as you like. However, you will have to give up certain things if you do, among them being finishing some event quest lines. What that is worth it or not is up to you.

Well I had to switch in many worlds, but the farrest I've come is LMA in Odhorvar and I only wish it showed as completed. The only thing that saved me in H was that I got boost for copper and gold, and they're both in the same branch :D
but in O, I have boost for copper and honey, so I had only alabaster/granite branch. after that, there was nothing left so I moved into LMA.

So, if DO get autocomplete, you don't have to move if you don't feel like moving, but then you say:

... However, you will have to give up certain things if you do, among them being finishing some event quest lines. What that is worth it or not is up to you.

meaning if you don't get autocomplete, you can choose between quitting the event or move and finish the event.

other quests that are "hard": infiltrate 5 sectors, but your new province has only 3 sector.Scout again, another 24hr and it's ok. Then come those 24hr productions... fine when you got them prepared day before, but 7 of them?! ok, maybe some have the need for many supply buildings. So it's rather silly compared to that one where autocomplete simply didn't show up and forced many to move.

Since you all saw how often they gave us an alternative, is it too much to ask to keep giving them more often?

And finally, better stay in some era as long as you wish, so you can move only when quests make you move :D

DeletedUser27735

So, if DO get autocomplete, you don't have to move if you don't feel like moving
I think you are misunderstanding when people are saying 'end of the Tech Tree' by applying that to the age you are currently in.

They are actually talking about when you are literally at the end of the Tech Tree (ie: Oceanic Future). So once you have completed all the ages/eras and are (as of now) in Oceanic Future and have all the Tech completed from Oceanic Future and the previous ages/eras THEN the quests that require you to learn a tech will auto complete.

Then come those 24hr productions... fine when you got them prepared day before, but 7 of them?!
Blacksmiths FTW when it comes to these quests on events. They are small, don't take much population, or much time to build and start to use. :D

wolfhoundtoo

Many players prepare for quests accordingly as they design their city. If you are having difficulties completing some quests I suggest you ask for ideas on how to best prepare for events. Preparation makes it much easier.

DeletedUser34548

Camping is a strategy yielding an edge over those who rush tech. Taken to an extreme, a camper can store enough resources to zip to game end in a few days... before anyone has even noticed, let alone had time to toss a few spears at the camper. So the edge costs.

Inno can and will fiddle with the gane in ways small and large, sometimes to balance players, sometimes to quiet complaints, sometimes merely to pull more Real Cash Money.

So don't hitch your wagon to a single star, or put all your eggs in one basket. I see the motive behind many game features as a desire to shove players out of safe, comfortable ruts into full-dimension play.

Revel in your time!