• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Research Architecture (IA) to help w/ GB BPs and stay in BA?

DeletedUser34910

Hi everyone!

This is my first time playing any game like this. I'm less than a week into the game and this forum has helped tremendously, but now I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to.

While I rushed through and conquered the first IA province, I am figuring out that I want to be patient and take my time (my military is now useless against the next IA territories that are open for conquest...lost a lot of good men.) I plan to stay in the Bronze Age to maximize my supplies, coins, and inventory, and I want to obtain both BA GBs before progressing.

I want to contribute FP to my neighbor's GBs, but the only way to do this is to "research Architecture," which is an IA tech. From what I understand (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) I will not progress into the IA if I do not unlock Architecture after researching. If I research it without unlocking, will I stay in the BA and be able to contribute the FPs? Or is it required that I unlock Architecture and progress into IA?

In the mean time, I have been aiding my neighbors, friends, and guild mates BA items to encourage BPs, but after over 300 aids I have only unlocked one BP for Zeus so I am frustrated. I am also doing the "helmet quest" with 18 Blacksmiths to try to get the BPs but I just started on that today so have not had a chance to test it.

I hope this makes sense! Any other suggestions are much appreciated!!

Thank you :)

DeletedUser31440

You need to complete the research to contribute to GB's, this will move your city into IA.

DeletedUser34910

Okay, so completing the research without unlocking will still move me into IA?

DeletedUser31440

Okay, so completing the research without unlocking will still move me into IA?

If you haven't unlocked it you haven't completed it. You can spend all the fp's to unlock it but not complete it, this will keep you in BA and you will NOT be able to contibute to GB's. The only way to contribute to other GB's is if you are in IA with Architecture completed.

DeletedUser34910

Okay thank you so much for the clarification. I'll keep at this for a little bit and then if I don't see results I'll unlock Architecture. Have a great day!!

Algona

You gonna Sarnath me all day Ozyman?

Check it out, Draxxa, I got my Zeus in three days using the Glarg method.

DeletedUser31440

You gonna Sarnath me all day Ozyman?

I can usually translate your mistypes, but I have no idea what sarnath means, I'm guessing something along the lines of beating you to answering a question or giving a reply?

Edit: UB'd it: to be beaten to the punch apparently, in case anyone else is curious.

DeletedUser34910

Thanks! That's where I got the blacksmith idea from, actually, but I just ended up there a different, less efficient way because i started following the guide after a couple of days.

DeletedUser31592

You can stay in BA and contribute to your own GBs. The ToB, Zeus, and Oracle. I've easily gotten an LoA while in BA, too. Level them to about 80-85% in a new world, around 70% if in an established world with lots of high level Arcs, then get your guildmates to throw on the rest for rewards.

DeletedUser34910

You can stay in BA and contribute to your own GBs. The ToB, Zeus, and Oracle. I've easily gotten an LoA while in BA, too. Level them to about 80-85% in a new world, around 70% if in an established world with lots of high level Arcs, then get your guildmates to throw on the rest for rewards.
You lost me at new world and Arcs haha. Sorry, still learning!

DeletedUser31440

Is it worth it to keep Oracle?

Generally no, from what you've said earlier about your experience level that should be sufficient for now. But if you don't have another gb to put fp's into, don't have any more techs that you can put fp's into, and can't contribute to other people's gb's then it is useful to keep around until you can get a 2nd gb down.

DeletedUser34910

Generally no, from what you've said earlier about your experience level that should be sufficient for now. But if you don't have another gb to put fp's into, don't have any more techs that you can put fp's into, and can't contribute to other people's gb's then it is useful to keep around until you can get a 2nd gb down.
Okay, so for now I should put FP into it or just leave it alone? Then once I get Zeus or ToB replace it?

DeletedUser31440

Okay, so for now I should put FP into it or just leave it alone? Then once I get Zeus or ToB replace it?

Do you have anywhere else that you could spend those fp's? If not, keep spending them on the Oracle while completing the spend 8 fp's quest. Once you have another gb down, start leveling that one. For deleting the Oracle it depends on how high of a level you get it to, what your happiness requirements are, and your supply production.

DeletedUser34910

Do you have anywhere else that you could spend those fp's? If not, keep spending them on the Oracle while completing the spend 8 fp's quest. Once you have another gb down, start leveling that one. For deleting the Oracle it depends on how high of a level you get it to, what your happiness requirements are, and your supply production.
I don't think so, I'm done with all of the research. I need one occasionally for trade to get the goods I'll need for the GBs, but other than that I don't need them right now.

DeletedUser34910

I was going to post a pic of my city but I'm getting an error "There was a problem uploading your file." it's 2.5 MB 2220 × 1080 in jpeg.

DeletedUser31592

Ok, so you are in an established world. You want to level your GB to roughly 70%. Then you need to find friends or guildmates who have an Arc (a Great Building), preferably over level 60. This means they will get at least 180% of the reward FPs your building gives. The should be able to lock some spots for profit- meaning they will get back more FPs than they add.