• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Research tech tree feedback

DeletedUser11991

not likeing the changes that where made when i go to research new tech .. it looks like a game my 2 year old plays and the tabs make the game look cheap ... bad call inno games i thought you all would have learned better when you all did this last time .....lol

time4coffee

They must be rolling out the new look slowly, I don't have it yet but I saw it in beta and I know what you mean. I really hate it, not just for the looks but it doesn't fit on my computer screen unless I zoom out my browser to about 75%.
Seems like zooming out your browser is the new normal. The only way I can see more than just my guild in BGB, I have to zoom out; 60% if I want to get a full over view.

RazorbackPirate

Careful what you vote for. Everyone loves the idea of color changes to support those with color issues, but this is what we get. Colors that suit them, that to the rest of us ... we get the changes just made.

DeletedUser

I must say that I love the fact that you can now collapse the ages for easier access. I have hated having to scroll back or forwards more than an age or two. Also very nice that you can see at a glance if you have tech in an age still open or not. Very much an improvement in my book. Much more information available and much easier to access.

WinnerGR

I tested it on Beta and it had quite a few bugs which have now all been removed so I doubt it will have many bugs .

Hallan

OK.... what am I missing? Where, oh where does one now enter FP to complete an item in the tech tree? I only see options to pay diamonds. This is embarrassing... what am I missing?

I like the collapse era feature, and also a quick view of how many techs have been unlocked in an era. I like leaving some of the techs locked if they aren't needed to me, and this tells me just which era(s) have some of them locked.

I don't like that picture doesn't fit the normal 100% zoom. You can drag the tech tree up and down. It doesn't impact the game, but feels erratic and a bit like unfinished product. Not something that will worry me way too much though.

Lastly on the color scheme, a drastic change from what it was. Some may like it, some may not. I am neutral with it. I especially like the drawing on collapsed canvas. That continuity of scenes is impressive.

UBERhelp1

So... since they didn't give everyone the new tech tree on Beta they won't give everyone the new tech tree on live. How are you supposed to bugfix a feature when half the people can't even see it? Personally I don't think it should be released to everyone until everyone can see it, especially considering it is just a visual thing and doesn't actually influence gameplay. To me, it's like testing a new paint by painting only some of the tester's walls and then using that paint on only half of the customer's walls. It just makes no sense. Also, it really annoys me that I wasn't one of the "randomly chosen" to test it on Beta, and now there is the chance that I won't be among that number again.

Finally, there were some bugs with it on beta quite recently that I hope were fixed before the push to live.

DeletedUser

OK.... what am I missing? Where, oh where does one now enter FP to complete an item in the tech tree? I only see options to pay diamonds. This is embarrassing... what am I missing?
It's at the top of the individual tech window. Other costs are at the bottom. If you have already donated the FP but lack either goods, coins or supplies, it will ask for Diamonds along the bottom.