• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Research tech tree feedback

I seriously do not understand the complaints about the color, size, or other visual issues with this change. I have looked at the tech tree on PC, phone and tablet, and it isn't overly bright...it fills the space almost exactly like the old version when the ages are expanded... the text is easy to see and read (and I wear bifocals)... and the panorama when the ages are condensed is really nice, especially on the mobile version. I'm wondering if other players' settings are making their tech tree look different from what I can see.
It's just plain ugly. Looks like a cartoon - the rest of the game graphics are so detailed and beautiful. It cheapens the game experience.

RazorbackPirate

It's just plain ugly. Looks like a cartoon - the rest of the game graphics are so detailed and beautiful. It cheapens the game experience.
And how much time is actually spent on the tech tree? I had to force myself to go check out the changes. The previous version was hardly 'detailed and beautiful'. The parts that are, the buildings in the city, are left unchanged.
I really am not a fan of the new tech tree graphics - they look cheap and cartoonish. I would like to see it changed back. It makes me not want to play anymore. I agree with previous posts - it looks horrible! The rest of the game's graphics are so detailed and beautiful. It cheapens the experience.
Now that Inno has rolled it out to everyone, there is zero percent chance they'll change it back. But if they make you want to quit, then by all means, quit. That'll show them.

Bard Schreiber

I like the collapse era feature, and also a quick view of how many techs have been unlocked in an era. I like leaving some of the techs locked if they aren't needed to me, and this tells me just which era(s) have some of them locked.

I don't like that picture doesn't fit the normal 100% zoom. You can drag the tech tree up and down. It doesn't impact the game, but feels erratic and a bit like unfinished product. Not something that will worry me way too much though.

Lastly on the color scheme, a drastic change from what it was. Some may like it, some may not. I am neutral with it. I especially like the drawing on collapsed canvas. That continuity of scenes is impressive.
R17D, have you found it disadvantageous to leave some tech locked? I'm wondering if leaving some tech locked will hinder my play/rewards later.

UBERhelp1

R17D, have you found it disadvantageous to leave some tech locked? I'm wondering if leaving some tech locked will hinder my play/rewards later.
Leaving techs unresearched is actually helpful (if you don't need it), and in some strategies necessary, to complete quests.

It normally doesn't. Later on, through story quests you may find yourself in the need of researching a tech if you wish to get higher era units, or any event requirement that may just force you to research. If you don't want to risk moving up an era or research more tech in your current era for whatever reasons, you can always fall back to these left alone techs from previous eras. They are cheaper and won't make any change to your play style plans.