• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rickshaws- The future of transport in cities?

DeletedUser

they have them where i live, but its more for like "hey look a really expensive and slow taxi" type of deal just to say you rode in one lol

DeletedUser

japanese-auto-rickshaw-1.jpg

Electric rickshaw is the way to go. In case you worked to hard and still have to get home.

DeletedUser3

interesting what's the max distance between charges and the max speed for that rickshaw?

DeletedUser34

wow, I bet the center of gravity sucks on that thing. In a traditional rickshaw the weight is mostly in the back spread evenly between the two wheels, but this one, you turn wrong and the front corners of the "cab" are going to tip. Interesting.

DeletedUser

These are cool in a way and all over NYC, but that kind of a tourist thing and they aren't as practical in other cities where it isn't faster to just walk places. I couldn't see many people using these as general transportation, however, I could see them used in a commercial area to sell things around city blocks etc. That is about the only practical application in an American that I can think of.

That electric one could use some modification if you ask me, looks like it would fall too far in the front corners on turns.

DeletedUser

interesting what's the max distance between charges and the max speed for that rickshaw?

Max speed is 40kmh or 24.8 mph to us westerners :)

A second ion cell is needed for longer distance. Actual distance now, 40 kilometers.

Here is an electric/petal model

yamaha_electric_rickshaw_powerhorse_302.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: