• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ridiculous - Daily Challenge Shenanigans

AceGoober

I'm not much of a complainer but stuff as exampled torques me.

Received the Daily Challenge today and quite honestly it is ridiculous. Pay 22,000 supplies then collect 6,000 in the same challenge?

That isn't what I would consider a fair or balanced no matter the definition applied.

AceGoober_FoE_Daily_Challenge_03-15-2018.png

Graviton

Well, collecting coins is something you're going to do anyway in the course of normal play. So just consider it paying 16k coins. I don't see the problem either.

AceGoober

The point is it is a net loss of 16,000 supplies. Supplies that could have gone to buildings or training troops. The rewards for that net loss doesn't make up the difference. 30% defense boost reward? Not even close.

DeletedUser

The point is it is a net loss of 16,000 supplies. Supplies that could have gone to buildings or training troops. The rewards for that net loss doesn't make up the difference. 30% defense boost reward? Not even close.
You got a defense boost out of a "Medalist Chest"? I've never seen that. They are always in different chests. Sounds pretty sketchy to me. Unless you're just making up the reward part so your complaint doesn't sound so whiny. o_O

DeletedUser31592

But you aren't winning supplies. I could see if you were paying 16000 supplies and only winning 5000 supplies. But you are collecting and donating- two completely separate things. Both EASY things. Skip it if you don't want to pay. Simple.

DeletedUser26293

I'm not much of a complainer but stuff as exampled torques me.

Received the Daily Challenge today and quite honestly it is ridiculous. Pay 22,000 supplies then collect 6,000 in the same challenge?

That isn't what I would consider a fair or balanced no matter the definition applied.

View attachment 9470
Chin up goob. it don't matter what you complain about there will be those who believe it all fair and part of the game, and then will be those others of us who value our 16k supplies we just got robbed of on top of the 3 plunderers we face daily, ya know? ... Just hang in there. Tomorrow you will get more supplies for someone to plunder and if you keep at it, eventually you will be oceanic too. .... Trust me on this one. I went thru all you're going through, in attempting to get the game to stop allowing me to be plundered. As one of them said, tho.... "Do you play monopoly with 2 boards? One with and one without hotels?" ... LOL ... I love that guy. He helped me so MUCH to just relax and wait; because even ROME did not take this long to build!! .... Hiya Stephen Longshanks ;) :p :D

DeletedUser31771

Not to be condescending, but if you're worried about supplies, then you're city is isn't set up "correctly." Supplies should be the the least of your worries. That being said, I realize early on it seems like your really need them, but then you wake up one day and you have more than you'll ever use. At least that was my experience.

Freshmeboy

There are many things we spend supplies and coin for in the name of strategy....Doing the UBC to gain supplies or goods quickly for a DC challenge, using coins to buy forge points to make immediate trades to complete quests or GBs....supply and coin are a simple means to an end and over a small amount of time will grow so large it will become clear to you....

DeletedUser32397

Not to be condescending, but if you're worried about supplies, then you're city is isn't set up "correctly." Supplies should be the the least of your worries. That being said, I realize early on it seems like your really need them
This is very true, good job :) For the most part resources are needed a ton at the beginning, then not at all.

AceGoober

What I (finally) realized I was missing was organization; hence, I've built a Excel spreadsheet to track goods, coins and supplies through the next few ages. This tool gives me a visual representation of current and upcoming expenditures so I can plan accordingly. While it doesn't help with Daily Challenges, Events and such it does allow for analyzing the Challenge or Event to see if it is a worthwhile endeavor.

Thanks for your contributions. Greatly appreciated. :)

Darth Mole

What I (finally) realized I was missing was organization; hence, I've built a Excel spreadsheet to track goods, coins and supplies through the next few ages. This tool gives me a visual representation of current and upcoming expenditures so I can plan accordingly. While it doesn't help with Daily Challenges, Events and such it does allow for analyzing the Challenge or Event to see if it is a worthwhile endeavor.

Thanks for your contributions. Greatly appreciated. :)
And also you should be commended for the use of the word Shenanigans - should be used a lot more!