• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rogue Strategy

• Thread starter DeletedUser16673
  • Start date

DeletedUser16673

Just getting started using rogues.
I understand the 7 Rogue + 1 in fighting.
Can any experienced users tell me the approximate number of losses in a typical battle?
How many armies would it take to win say 10 battles? 50 battles?
I do have an attack boost.
Any strategy is appreciated.
Thx

DeletedUser8152

What is your attack boost, what age are you fighting, and what attack boost are you fighting? (I assume this is in GvG?)
Even with that information we can probably only give you a rough estimate, but we can try.

DeletedUser8796

You will need; a high atk boost, a large combo of troops available, to know all of the troops you will be fighting very well. if you have all that you will do ok with rouge fighting. oh and DO NOT auto attack for your first few days of attacking
( unless its the 2 spears of course)get to know the defenses you cant auto attack them all even when you know what to expect.

DeletedUser7289

Way, way too many variables in this question to even try to answer it. What is the 1 unit? What are you fighting against? And with many of the units, losses can vary greatly just by the map terrain alone. I've been playing a long time, and fought many battles, and I often don't know how many casualties I'll take in a given battle (even when I'm certain of winning).

DeletedUser2382

lol, you'll fair slightly better then without the rogues, put it that way.

DeletedUser16673

I will start fighting in IA. GvG
I have a 42% attack boost.
I'll probably use soldier or legionnaire along with 7 Rogues.
Just wondering how many Rogues to produce before I start fighting.
I have an Alcatraz to produce the rogues.
I don't really have an IA army to practice against....so I just don't know.

DeletedUser8152

If you pick wisely between soldier and legionnaire based on what you are fighting, I'd predict you would lose zero to two units per battle on manual, depending on what you're facing. Probably wound two or three more? So if you figure four units out of commission per fight, you'd want 50 or so rogues to go through 10 battles.

I wouldn't bet money on those numbers, but I think they should put you in the ballpark.

DeletedUser

A good strategy for low ages is to use 7 rogues + 1 long range. Basic idea: long range (original and already transformed rogues) damage enemy units, remaining rogues finish them (rogue causes 9-10 damage to any IA unit, so it will always kill damaged enemy unit, there will be no retaliation, and rogue won't transform). If you use this strategy right, you can win almost any battle without taking any damage.

The strategy doesn't work against cavalry + long range combos. Use soldier in this case.
Against archers + long range - you can use cavalry.

DeletedUser7289

Um, forgive me for saying this, because I don't want to impugn anyone's gaming style, but... You have a 42% bonus, rogues, and a 'Traz, you're fighting Iron age, and you're asking for advice? A big shark in a kiddie pool doesn't usually need much help...you already have a huge advantage over Iron Age players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16673

Its not necessarily IA players but the IA map.
Of course I have an advantage with an unlimited supply of Rogues.
Just trying to help my guild get a little presence on the map and learning the best strategy.
Isn't the IA map the place to start if you're new to GvG?

DeletedUser10415

Build some barracks and fight some fights. Combat is simple, and there is no skill involved. It's all down to combat boosts and paying attention to unit description as to what they do well against. The best strategy is figuring out what's going to work for you by doing it. Maybe you'll have to tear down some barracks and build others. No biggie.

DeletedUser7289

Iron Age is fine for learning the mechanics of GvG, but I wouldn't invest a whole lot into it. Simply, the best sectors are only 8 power and higher era's pay much better. For GvG, it's more important to have multiple fighters work together on a coordinated attack. Having 1 fighter who can win 50 battles may be nice, but it takes too long if the other guild is actively defending. I'd much rather have 4 or 5 fighters who can win 10-15 battles each when we attack. When my guild attacks someone, we try to finish them in 10 - 15 minutes tops even if it's 80 battles.

DeletedUser11463

And IA is a good starting point especially for a new guild. Have fun with it. Even when your guild starts to get higher end players, the IA maps are good for newer players to get a taste of GvG. It can be addictive! Some guilds will defend constantly, other's may not care regarding those lower ages. So play around and get some experience. It will definitely help when you move to the higher, more competitive ages.