• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rogues need to be limited

DeletedUser29373

After more than a year playing the game, the most ridiculous part of the game is the Army AI when defending a city against Rogues. How is it possible for an attacking army to beat the defending AI with 7 rogues and 1 unit? Why isn't this recognized as a major flaw in the game?

The proposal is to limit Rogues when used in mass.

DeletedUser29373

Actually no! Maybe about every 3-4 weeks someone will attack with their 7/1 and plunders but it has no real impact. It is just stupid. And if you think its not stupid, well then perhaps....

DeletedUser8152

We need formal proposals to use a standard format, see the link in my signature for details. For now I'll move this to the discussion section for further comment. You might want to be more specific about the changes you'd like to see.

DeletedUser26965

It is that way because that is how Inno wants it. To get them to change their mind will need a better argument then "that's stupid" and any snide comments you want to attach feel free. I doubt that will convince Inno but you are free to waste your time. ;)
Actually I'm just going to guess all they need is enough players complaining about it. They changed that Achievement name quicker then lightning once they had a bunch of players saying it was "offensive". I suppose I find it offensive the AI is stupid in city defense regarding Rogues and yet they won't change it.
Why isn't this recognized as a major flaw in the game?
It is, by the players anyway, why Inno has not changed it is beyond me aside from what I mentioned to wolf. Need an outcry of how offensive it is.

wolfhoundtoo

There have been plenty of complaints about it. My personal theory is they want it to be easier because it promotes the desire for rogue hideouts, the pursuit of defensive GBs, watch fires, tavern silver for the shield and in general makes the best way to stop plundering to be online more. Pretty much every mechanic promotes players being online more: reset in GVG, supplies and coins being more easy to accumulate by being online more (well certainly in the beginning ages), no stacking of troop orders, goods being able to be plundered once complete, GE attempts coming every hour, the timers for aid and visiting taverns being every 24 hours versus once a day and i'm sure there are others that i'm forgetting.

DeletedUser29373

The suggestion is simple. Don't allow seven of anything to beat a valid defense of the age. Players found an exploit and it should be removed, end of story. At least offer the players some ability to defend against it with some ability. Meanwhile it just cheapens the game play as a small annoyance.

DeletedUser24787

At least offer the players some ability to defend against it with some ability
level your basil and deal castle give them defenders some muscles
giving your defenders only defense stats only makes the fight one extra round consult @ardak kumerin he has a wealth of info regarding city defense(shortly after his post will occur a meme)
he use to only have defense he upped the attack power of his troops and now even offers a bounty for cracking his defenders so there is a option dont be lazy or want a easy way the option is there the choice is if you want to do it

DeletedUser26965

There have been plenty of complaints about it. My personal theory is they want it to be easier because it promotes the desire for rogue hideouts, the pursuit of defensive GBs, watch fires, tavern silver for the shield and in general makes the best way to stop plundering to be online more. Pretty much every mechanic promotes players being online more: reset in GVG, supplies and coins being more easy to accumulate by being online more (well certainly in the beginning ages), no stacking of troop orders, goods being able to be plundered once complete, GE attempts coming every hour, the timers for aid and visiting taverns being every 24 hours versus once a day and i'm sure there are others that i'm forgetting.
Yes but it needs to be in unison with cries of "offensive", we need that hot button word in there to get their attention.

It's not just easier it's a face roll. The amount of defense A/D value bonus needed to counter is absurd and way out of whack. If I had a personal theory this is more about diamond sales than anything. Especially watching the growth of a new city from the start where big diamond spenders getting RH deals and running roughshod over every single other player they come across everyday for months like it's nothing. Reduce the effectiveness of Rogues attacking cities will result in reduced diamond sales.

DeletedUser29373

Exactly SloppyJoeSlayer! Now that makes sense. As far as leveling the GB and other, over 60 percent defense should suffice.

DeletedUser26965

Exactly SloppyJoeSlayer! Now that makes sense. As far as leveling the GB and other, over 60 percent defense should suffice.
60% is a drop in the bucket for what's needed. The main problem is the AI attacks Rogues first when in reality when up against 7 Rogues/1 Unit it's clear to kill the normal unit first. Make the city defense go after the normal unit first like a player would do then see where we're at for what's needed for city defense AD/ value bonus. I like PvP, I think it's good for the game, I don't think this problem is good for the game but also recognize making city defense too powerful as well is not either. But I don't think it would hurt the game to make the AI smarter when facing the 7 Rouge attack.

DeletedUser8152

The suggestion is simple. Don't allow seven of anything to beat a valid defense of the age.
So, the suggestion is that any time you attack with 7 or 8 of the same unit, you should automatically lose the battle?

cbalto1927

The suggestion is simple. Don't allow seven of anything to beat a valid defense of the age. Players found an exploit and it should be removed, end of story. At least offer the players some ability to defend against it with some ability. Meanwhile it just cheapens the game play as a small annoyance.

Here's the hint, If your at OF, use Turturrents. They will attack and turn multiple rouges into regular units. Then attack again to finish them off. :)

wolfhoundtoo

60% is a drop in the bucket for what's needed. The main problem is the AI attacks Rogues first when in reality when up against 7 Rogues/1 Unit it's clear to kill the normal unit first. Make the city defense go after the normal unit first like a player would do then see where we're at for what's needed for city defense AD/ value bonus. I like PvP, I think it's good for the game, I don't think this problem is good for the game but also recognize making city defense too powerful as well is not either. But I don't think it would hurt the game to make the AI smarter when facing the 7 Rouge attack.

EVERYTHING is about diamond sales. This isn't a not for profit that decided they needed to run an online game for people to pass the time. If Inno believed that they could increase their diamond sales with this change (and note that calculation is going to be based on both the short and long term nature of the player base) then no doubt they'd make the change. All proposals and game changes are based on keeping the game profitable which is based on the amount of players that sign up and stay. Players will stay for different lengths of time and spend different amounts of money. The mere fact that its 'based on diamonds' isn't a valid point regarding the analysis of any feature of the game. You don't like that Inno makes money go play a game that's totally free....and enjoy those ads there too.

DeletedUser26965

EVERYTHING is about diamond sales. This isn't a not for profit that decided they needed to run an online game for people to pass the time. If Inno believed that they could increase their diamond sales with this change (and note that calculation is going to be based on both the short and long term nature of the player base) then no doubt they'd make the change. All proposals and game changes are based on keeping the game profitable which is based on the amount of players that sign up and stay. Players will stay for different lengths of time and spend different amounts of money. The mere fact that its 'based on diamonds' isn't a valid point regarding the analysis of any feature of the game. You don't like that Inno makes money go play a game that's totally free....and enjoy those ads there too.
bah, when your greed overcomes the quality of your product you're eventually going to cut yourself off at the knees then you'll make $0. No surprise Inno is a business, who said it wasn't.

DeletedUser29295

No way, no how. Maybe players need to learn a few things:

1) If you don't want to spend $, then level your account SLOWLY! Nothng is more absurd then seeing someone in LMA with only 13k points to their name, then they cry like a newborn when you kill them and tax them all the time.

2) Change what you use for defense daily: you CAN beat a bunch of rogues attacking you with the AI defense if you PAY ATTENTION to who is killing you, and what they are using to do it.

3) LEVEL your defensive GB's: having 200% defense and only 3% attack does a defending army little good against someone with even a 50%/50% A/D on attacking you.

4) It is not greed, it is a business: if you feel that way, maybe if we say YOU are making too much $ then we get to take 1/2, or 3/4 your pay away.

5) And if you don't like it, there are many other games out there that are free: as long as you enjoy ads every 5 minutes.

DeletedUser26965

No way, no how. Maybe players need to learn a few things:

1) If you don't want to spend $, then level your account SLOWLY! Nothng is more absurd then seeing someone in LMA with only 13k points to their name, then they cry like a newborn when you kill them and tax them all the time.

2) Change what you use for defense daily: you CAN beat a bunch of rogues attacking you with the AI defense if you PAY ATTENTION to who is killing you, and what they are using to do it.

3) LEVEL your defensive GB's: having 200% defense and only 3% attack does a defending army little good against someone with even a 50%/50% A/D on attacking you.

4) It is not greed, it is a business: if you feel that way, maybe if we say YOU are making too much $ then we get to take 1/2, or 3/4 your pay away.

5) And if you don't like it, there are many other games out there that are free: as long as you enjoy ads every 5 minutes.

If you can show me a screenshot of the results you get from getting attacked with the 1/7 Rogue tactic that would be great. Sort of like this https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...atchfire-controversy.17147/page-8#post-143417 as I'd like to get an idea of the breaking point.

Last edited by a moderator: