• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rogues need to be limited

DeletedUser13838

Based on...? The actual evidence is that I was successfully attacked before I switched to all Champions, I have not been since. What is your evidence? I also run up against those types of lineups in both PvP and GE, and I can tell you from the offensive side of it that I would rather see 8 Assault Tanks than 8 Champions. Less points, maybe, but fewer losses and more successful attacks. Again, what is your evidence? You can suggest all you want. That and a couple of bucks might get you a cup of coffee.
agrred.png
Your anecdotal evidence is not compelling. CE champs are not overpowered the way rail guns were in fe. Unless you have a really high defense bonus CE champs are 2 shot kills instead of 3 from assault tanks. And if you have a really high defense bonus then thats your answer.

DeletedUser

Your anecdotal evidence is not compelling. CE champs are not overpowered the way rail guns were in fe. Unless you have a really high defense bonus CE champs are 2 shot kills instead of 3 from assault tanks. And if you have a really high defense bonus then thats your answer.
Anecdotal evidence still outweighs "I suggest" lack of evidence. And your statement about 2 and 3 shot kills is even less reliable, because it's based on what you think rather than actual battle evidence. I have watched the replays of these battles. It wasn't the Champs that caused my defeat, it was the Assault Tanks. They still went out in 3 shots, but the Champs took 4 or more. That has been the case in the subsequent unsuccessful attacks, the Champs prevail because they can survive long enough to kill the attackers.
And rail guns in FE are irrelevant to this discussion. We're talking special units and their value, not regular units.
Why don't you come to Sinerania and show me how my Champs aren't sufficient for defense. I'll wait in CE until you get there.

Algona

Strike teams are useful units in GE. :)

if only my guild mates were leveling their arcs. :( In any event I'm not referring to the later ages as champs just hold up. But how many players in CE have enough medals to never worry about winning the towers?

Me? Happened 3 months ago while I was PME. The three players I worked with are ProgE and lower. We're not the only ones in my Guild. We've had a dozen Arcs pop up in the last few weeks alone bringing our total to around 20. One repeat one player is over Contemporary. Our lowest Era Arc Holder is HMA.

I suppose now that I think about it, I shouldn't worry myself too much about defense any more. Fighting will soon be passe'. Get an Arc, power level it, then power level all your other GBs. You won't need to fight, defend, produce mundane resources, trade, build, expand or do anything else. Just spam more GB Rewards and bitch about the latest new Era. For a while.

Arcs. Warping the game in ways INNO never imagined. Game historians will look back at FoE and divide into three Epocjs, Pre Arc, Post Arc, and FoE shutting down.

Meanwhile to bring it back towards the topic, It's hardly surprising that differnt players, different hoods, different worlds, different Eras have different preferences in troops.

DeletedUser29557

After more than a year playing the game, the most ridiculous part of the game is the Army AI when defending a city against Rogues. How is it possible for an attacking army to beat the defending AI with 7 rogues and 1 unit? Why isn't this recognized as a major flaw in the game?

The proposal is to limit Rogues when used in mass.

The answer is in your statement. "How is it possible for an attacking army to beat the defending AI with 7 Rogues..."
The reason is the AI. The more difficult battles in GE and Colonial Era on the map have an AI any city defender would be envious of. The 7 and 1 army actually has very limited applications. AI aside, the game does provide an answer to this strategy. Quests, Great Buildings, Tavern defense boosts, watchfires, etc. can all be used against it. It can be frustrating though. I've been farmed by the 7 and 1 strategy myself.
Proposal: Beef up city defense AI.

DeletedUser

The more difficult battles in GE and Colonial Era on the map have an AI any city defender would be envious of.
Colonial Era on the Continent Map has a different AI, but GE is exactly the same as city defense all the way through. It is just that the defensive boosts in GE get stronger as you go through the levels, and you have to face 2 wave defenses.

DeletedUser27848

The suggestion is simple. Don't allow seven of anything to beat a valid defense of the age. Players found an exploit and it should be removed, end of story. At least offer the players some ability to defend against it with some ability. Meanwhile it just cheapens the game play as a small annoyance.

"Oh somebody is mean to me and attacking me ruthlessly using 7 Rogues +one other unit..."

I do it routinely, have others do it to me. It's part of the game.

Harden up man...