• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rough Exchange Values Between FP, diamonds, and goods?

DeletedUser26579

What are typical values that people use for tradeoffs between diamonds, FP, and goods?

Yes, I know it varies and it's whatever the market says and all (can we please just skip the vague answers like that), but there have got to be some rules of thumb that people use for what sane ranges of exchange rates are.

At one point, I made a rough estimate and it was something like:

1 diamond = 2 FP = 10 goods of your current age

But that was not a reliable calculation, so I don't put much stock in it. Now, I'm trying to go back and see if I can get a better estimate.

BruteForceAttack

You cant really trade diamonds in game. FP for goods vary by world/goods, it can be anywhere 1 fp:5 pe goods or 1fp:5 fe goods or 1fp : 1 fe goods. In which world you are looking to trade?

DeletedUser31592

Diamonds for FPs are set by the game. 50 Diamonds = 1 FP. You can't trade to other players.

Goods for FPs varies greatly by the age of the goods and the world you are in. For Arc goods, I paid: 625 FPs, 400 FPs, 1875 FPs, and 938 FPs- all depends on the world. For CF goods (Progressive), I paid 200 FPs and 250 FPs- both were in established worlds. I have not attempted to buy them in a newer world (the ones where I paid 1:1 and 1:2 for my Arc goods)

DeletedUser26579

Diamonds for FPs are set by the game. 50 Diamonds = 1 FP. You can't trade to other players.

Goods for FPs varies greatly by the age of the goods and the world you are in. For Arc goods, I paid: 625 FPs, 400 FPs, 1875 FPs, and 938 FPs- all depends on the world. For CF goods (Progressive), I paid 200 FPs and 250 FPs- both were in established worlds. I have not attempted to buy them in a newer world (the ones where I paid 1:1 and 1:2 for my Arc goods)

You can make choices that trade off one for the other, even if you aren't trading with other players.

For example, if you are negotiating the last few spots of level 4 in Guild Expeditions, is it worth 10 diamonds to save 100-200 goods?
Do you keep a building that produces FP or goods or a mix? (Honestly, this is the reason I'm asking in the first place.)

And I paid 300 FP for my Arc goods, but I thought that was a good deal. A guildmate of mine paid 50 FP, which is the cheapest I've heard of.

wolfhoundtoo

You can make choices that trade off one for the other, even if you aren't trading with other players.

For example, if you are negotiating the last few spots of level 4 in Guild Expeditions, is it worth 10 diamonds to save 100-200 goods?
Do you keep a building that produces FP or goods or a mix? (Honestly, this is the reason I'm asking in the first place.)

And I paid 300 FP for my Arc goods, but I thought that was a good deal. A guildmate of mine paid 50 FP, which is the cheapest I've heard of.

The value of diamonds for negotiating in GE is entirely subjective. For those that can pay for diamonds and do so regularly they might not think 10 is very much. For others who only get diamonds from in game sources they might think 10 is a lot. Mostly though for me the question of whether to use diamonds for negotiations comes down to how many diamonds I've been winning from GE and what build i'm currently running in my city. If the build is goods heavy I will be more likely to start over on an encounter and when I don't make so many goods I'm more likely to be willing to spend the diamonds. Sometimes of course I like to gather data and don't use diamonds for a 5th turn as i'm really seeing how often I would need to redo an encounter if I didn't utilize diamonds.

And in case anyone is wondering no I'm not willing to see how many tries it would take with only 3 guesses per turn. ;)

DeletedUser31592

I paid 0 for Arc goods in two cities, but didn't want to bring that dynamic into the discussion. And despite playing for 3 years, I'm not past PME in any of my cities, so I didn't produce them, either.

As for diamonds in GE- there are a number of factors that go into effect.
Am I guaranteed to win the next time? I almost never use diamonds if I'm not.
How many encounters do I have left? This matters twofold- if I am on Encounter 64 and am also on my last chance, I am more apt to spend the diamonds so I don't have to activate another boost. Except in my city where I have over a million tavern silver. I couldn't care less if I have to activate another boost. Did I just age up (and are therefor lower in goods)? In all of my cities right now, you will find that I have between 500 and 2,000 of EACH good from my current era and the one below. So, unless I just aged up, this is rarely an issue for me.
Am I up against a timer of sorts? GE ending. DC ending with a GE quest
Which encounter am I on? How many of each goods does 1 guess take?

Honestly, go through level 4 in 7 worlds. I almost never use diamonds. Most weeks, I will not use any at all. Today I did use 10- I did not have the tavern boost on (level 1) and my DC quest had me solving 4 by negotiating without losing. I am saving GE for Thursday due to the event quests (using it for both the complete 16 encounters and the recruit troops). I was on my 4th turn. If I lost, I would have had to start my streak of 4 over again. I didn't want to sacrifice 4 encounters to redo it all (therefore hurting myself for the event), so I paid the 10 diamonds.

DeletedUser31592

As for FPs versus Goods- I try to have as many of both, but if I need room, a goods producing building is going over an FP producing building. No question.

DeletedUser26579

As for FPs versus Goods- I try to have as many of both, but if I need room, a goods producing building is going over an FP producing building. No question.

Wow. I so have different priorities than you. Goods are the biggest limiting factor on my power, not FP. I mean, I've leveled the GBs I like to level 10, and there's diminishing returns after that. (I'm not saying they're useless -- I'm saying that I've hit diminishing returns, so FP is secondary to goods.) Whereas I actually want to advance once I've gotten grips on a new age, and goods determine that.

And I'll use diamonds on tier 4 GE, when negotiations are done in units of 5+ goods. Honestly, 10 diamonds is not a lot, and both diamonds and goods have a finite value, so there is an equivalence.

Freshmeboy

Exactly..your priorities should be different from Jcera due to different play styles...I value fp producing buildings over goods everyday of the week because my style is arc focused and sniping and leveling GBs is my game. That's why establishing a 'value system' for fps vs. diamonds vs. goods will change from player to player....

DeletedUser26579

Exactly..your priorities should be different from Jcera due to different play styles...I value fp producing buildings over goods everyday of the week because my style is arc focused and sniping and leveling GBs is my game. That's why establishing a 'value system' for fps vs. diamonds vs. goods will change from player to player....

Yes, I said that in the original post.

DeletedUser31540

I would take 1 fp over 1000 current age goods (hma)

Diamonds are awesome for expansions and pretty useless otherwise ..... just make sure youve got enough for both expansions in every age and after that its play money

DeletedUser31592

I can easily acquire more goods. It is much more difficult to acquire free diamonds.

I have goods in the thousands in almost all of my worlds. In no world do I have less than 500 of each current age and previous aged good. Goods are fairly easy to acquire.

DeletedUser31498

Yes, I said that in the original post.
I hope you realize your question is very at odds with the whole discussion. People have been pretty thorough in giving you examples of why one might value things differently. Then you want your specific case (you don't value FPs, which are considered paramount to most people) to be discussed, without giving any details like your age, world, goals, city layout, buildings, etc.

Please give A LOT more info, or I think ppl should stop wasting their time...

DeletedUser31592

^ I looked him up yesterday. Plays in L. I think CE (I'm at work so I can't pull the city planner and I don't play in L)
Joined earlier, but only really been actively playing for about a year:
upload_2018-3-14_13-13-43.png

And it is evident he has a bit to learn still. Low Arc. No CF (which could nearly fix his goods problem).
upload_2018-3-14_13-14-42.png

Has both a Habitat and a Capitol yet still has multiple houses. As I said, can't pull the city now to see if there is extra population. I didn't look yesterday. Probably, because with a HS, Traz, and Antomium, he still has several happiness items (even a Stone Age tree :eek:)

DeletedUser31540

he still has several happiness items (even a Stone Age tree :eek:)

Whats wrong with the tree? I have like 15 of them right now though i usually only want 5 or less (about to remodel... waiting for next expansion)

As far as i am concerned Tree > Victory Tower or any other 1x1 for that matter

If you play smart happiness and medals are both really easy to get and one shouldnt struggle to have both resources in spades

The tree looks 20x better than the victory tower does and if you wanna delete it there is no issues with that lol ... back when i had 12 victory towers i would shuffle them about all the time and they were just a giant pain in the a ... then i had a minor epiphany that i could simply delete those ugly useless pillars and replace them with trees ... ive been much happier since :)