• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sacajawea Historical Questline Feedback

DeletedUser29726

They're discussing the building that gets rewarded from the end of the questline.

Which is indeed lackluster, but can be useful for some depending on priorities.

Agent327

I never have a shortage of coins, and even though you apparently do, it seems like it's transient. But, if you struggle with coins, it gives an even stronger advantage to the building. I just never do.

Every player is struggling for coins in the beginning of the game. Especially when they do not know the game.

In a goods building, you need population. Late game buildings are also larger than 20 squares. They eat up supplies, coins, and refined goods. They require two-lane roads. They do not give population. Add it all up, not quite so clear an advantage anymore?

Still an advantage. If I need this building to help me through the questlines and techtree it will take ages.

Diamond houses take up space, right? Inno gets you all the population you need? Unless it does, you have to factor the space for housing it saves, even assuming you can get all diamond houses, which isn't trivial.

Inno alone is more than enough for me.

You glossed over "for all intents and purposes". If you're getting it plundered, your problem is it's not motivated. If it's not motivated, it's not giving you goods anyway. Most people shouldn't have a hard time getting it motivated, particularly at that stage of the game, unless they are overloaded with SoKs.

Who isn't?

The optimal word there was “refined.” An advanced-age goods building requires unrefined goods to produce refined goods, in addition to coins and supplies, which is why the post you’re responding to specified that this is useful in advanced ages. If you’re not familiar with refined goods, you can find out more on this page in the wiki, if you scroll down to the section on Modern Era:

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Goods

Thanks for the link and explanation. Never knew that.

Must be cause the GB's I have produce more unrefined goods than I can use.

DeletedUser29623

Must be cause the GB's I have produce more unrefined goods than I can use.

Really, that's interesting. I'm getting ready to make some tech sprints myself and would be interested to check out your layout. What name do you actually play under and on which world(s)?

Agent327

Really, that's interesting. I'm getting ready to make some tech sprints myself and would be interested to check out your layout. What name do you actually play under and on which world(s)?

I have an Albert Hall lvl 8 that produces 46 unrefined goods, a Rainforest Project lvl 9 that gives 62 unrefined goods and a Lighthouse lvl 10 that gives 38 unrefined goods. That is way more than I can spend. Besides that I have 7 Wishing Wells.

I am in OF. Number of OF goods I have runs in the 10.000. Unrefind Tomorrow goods runs in the 20.000

DeletedUser29623

I have an Albert Hall lvl 8 that produces 46 unrefined goods, a Rainforest Project lvl 9 that gives 62 unrefined goods and a Lighthouse lvl 10 that gives 38 unrefined goods. That is way more than I can spend. Besides that I have 7 Wishing Wells.

I am in OF. Number of OF goods I have runs in the 10.000. Unrefind Tomorrow goods runs in the 20.000

That sounds great. I’d love to see the whole set up. What world do you play in and under what name?

DeletedUser31882

Hey Devs, don't listen to poor @Deathmjp. They must of caught some form of gaming-itis or were infected with a strain of Troglodyte. My hypothesis: the point of infection was from from missing out on the Cleo & Gogh Van quests. Cause those were good prizes.

I'll be picking this up on my main world, but I don't think I'll be planting it anytime soon. I'll probably look into planting it once I hit ME+ and zap it with a reno kit. If the unrefined/refined good buildings eras don't give me incentive to plant it, Sacajawea will have to wait till my city pivots into 'pretty city mode' before she makes her appearance. Huh... I guess that has historical precedence as well, eh? I'm thinking of taking a break on the event for my secondary worlds to free up my time and reduce the my event fatigue meter. I'll sport the new Pocahantas Squirrel Girl Sacajawea avatar, although I am a bit sad I'm collecting all these avatar profile pictures and having to rotate through them every other week.

The medals package as a mid quest line reward seems lackluster. I'm spoiled from Cleo's Reno kit.

Agent327

Without further info about your account and city, you have 50% chance to be a liar.

Even then it would not make a difference, cause you could argue I did not give you my account.

Now tell me, is anything I said so far not possible?

I have a level 65 CF that gives me 26 goods with recurring quests. Is that possible or not?

DeletedUser34800

Point is: no one cares about your cities. Any of them. We only care about our city or cities.

I don't care if you won't use this building. I will. You don't care if I will use this building. You won't.

Anyways, again, building LOOKS AWESOME. That's why I am placing it. Everything else is just a bonus. You don't think it looks good/don't use animantions anyway? Don't place it.

It's not like anyone is gonna find you and beat you up because of the choice you made over this building.

Agent327

Point is: no one cares about your cities. Any of them. We only care about our city or cities.

I don't care if you won't use this building. I will. You don't care if I will use this building. You won't.

Anyways, again, building LOOKS AWESOME. That's why I am placing it. Everything else is just a bonus. You don't think it looks good/don't use animantions anyway? Don't place it.

It's not like anyone is gonna find you and beat you up because of the choice you made over this building.

All true.

Place it if you like and enjoy it. My point is that if you are a fanatic player this is not a keeper. You can place it, but in the end you will remove it again for lack of space or a better building. Unless ofcourse you are a player that gets fun out of the game by placing pretty buildings. That is a great and valid reason to place it, not the proceeds it gives.

DeletedUser34254

I use animations in my city and I don't have a problem with it! Maybe u should upgrade your computer!! Plus, I also think the new building is not that bad, especially for players ME or above!

DeletedUser29623

Now tell me, is anything I said so far not possible?

I have a level 65 CF that gives me 26 goods with recurring quests. Is that possible or not?

“Possible” and true are not the same thing. Many things are possible, but that doesn’t make them true. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are being truthful, I would still appreciate seeing the layout of a city where the need to refine goods is so trivial that the player was unaware that they needed to be refined in the first place. I’ve found looking at other people’s cities really helpful in thinking about what I want to do with my own.

Agent327

“Possible” and true are not the same thing. Many things are possible, but that doesn’t make them true. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are being truthful, I would still appreciate seeing the layout of a city where the need to refine goods is so trivial that the player was unaware that they needed to be refined in the first place. I’ve found looking at other people’s cities really helpful in thinking about what I want to do with my own.

Have a look at the Wiki and you will know it is both possible and true.

Don't know what world you are playing on, but go to the player ranking and have a look at the top players. You will find plenty of cities to look at.

DeletedUser29623

Have a look at the Wiki and you will know it is both possible and true.

Don't know what world you are playing on, but go to the player ranking and have a look at the top players. You will find plenty of cities to look at.

I do do that, but those players aren’t posting to the forums about how many goods their cities are producing and how they don’t have to worry about refining them. I’ve gotten a lot of information and help on these forums from experienced players who use their in-game names in the forum so anyone can check out their cities for ideas. (Thanks, guys!) I’m not sure why someone would find it necessary to conceal their in-game unless @icarusethan is right and they can’t back up their claims. It’s too bad that someone would feel the need to do that, since most of us are here to learn.

It certainly is possible for SOME players to have those GBs at those levels, but that doesn’t mean that YOU do. It’s also possible that you DON’T have those GBs at those levels, so I guess you don’t.

DeletedUser26965

how they don’t have to worry about refining them
If you have a CF and can do recurring quests you'll get extra goods, like you can get goods from GE, or plunder or other quests, or Wishing Wells etc. Do/have enough of any of those and generally making your own goods becomes less relevant and sometimes not relevant at all.

Depending on where one is in doing that will help determine the value of Menagerie. I know I won't need it in my main city, but it's been fine on my little Beta city that just doing The Normy variant of Playstyle Variants of FoE. You don't really need to see a city to know this.