• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

sad from Archaeology event

MoreOrLess

i worked very hard on the event and finally was able to unlock all of the tablet quests. i thought i would have a reasonable chance to complete them all, i was wrong. in the 2 worlds i play in, i had 1 tablet quests left in each. the last quest in the line was to get 4 incidents. one world had 8 hours to get 4, other needed 2 more in 6 hours before event end. i sat up till the actual end of the event trying to get them, but none ever showed up... made me very sad, totally out of my control to make them show up. ;(

Graviton

Finding the tablets was what I found frustrating. Out of seven cities I managed to find a full set in only 2 of them.

Nicholas002

I was surprised to find 3 gold tablets in my main world, before even completing the set! (later I found the missing 1st silver one)
I guess you sometimes just get lucky.

MoreOrLess

I understand your disappointment.

Reviewing the tasks in each of the tablets, each 'Collect x incidents' quest had an alternate OR task of 'Gather x goods.' Why didn't you do the goods alternate instead of waiting as time ran out?
why? i didnt have the thingies left to make goods usable to fill that part. those are huge quantities of goods needed

RazorbackPirate

why? i didnt have the thingies left to make goods usable to fill that part. those are huge quantities of goods needed
You could have traded for them. You could have also done a circular trade where you put up 2 trades trading the same items back and forth. Say, x Basalt for x Silk, then, x Silk for x Basalt. The x being half the goods needed. Once a friend or guild mate takes both trades, you have exactly the same amount of goods in inventory as you started.

Most quests have tricks you can use. Keep that in mind for the next event.

Dominator - X

i worked very hard on the event and finally was able to unlock all of the tablet quests. i thought i would have a reasonable chance to complete them all, i was wrong. in the 2 worlds i play in, i had 1 tablet quests left in each. the last quest in the line was to get 4 incidents. one world had 8 hours to get 4, other needed 2 more in 6 hours before event end. i sat up till the actual end of the event trying to get them, but none ever showed up... made me very sad, totally out of my control to make them show up. ;(
Wasn't that an "or" and not an "and" or "only" quest?

In regards to the tablets, I was able to get all tablets once, and the first 4 or 5 tablets several times. The last 2, however, were never repeated in my quest.

Dominator - X

You could have traded for them. You could have also done a circular trade where you put up 2 trades trading the same items back and forth. Say, x Basalt for x Silk, then, x Silk for x Basalt. The x being half the goods needed. Once a friend or guild mate takes both trades, you have exactly the same amount of goods in inventory as you started.

Yep and add to that the RQ's which if you do it right with several tablets open, you can satisfy the goods, coins and or supplies as you RQ for several quests simultaneously.

RazorbackPirate

Yep and add to that the RQ's which if you do it right with several tablets open, you can satisfy the goods, coins and or supplies as you RQ for several quests simultaneously.
That is how I completed almost all the gather coins, goods, and supply quests. I did have a few that coincided with my city collection, but that was just happenstance. That's also why I wait until the end of an event to age up.

Vger

You guys managed to get all the Tablets?
Not me. 0 for 2. One short in each city. Gold in 1, silver in the other. Sigh.
I sort of think it's supposed to work that way. You are at the mercy of the RNG, it can't be kind to everyone. But, mah...no big deal really. A portrait and some tools, right? If it had cost me the last airship upgrade, then....I would whine about that (just not in public).

MoreOrLess

thanks, finally a good bit o advice i find, now i gotta hope n find sum ppls to work with

generalwoo

I also did circle trades with friends and guildmates to complete those tasks. And after seeing so many unfair trades in my market, I started posting 20-30 trades daily for others to take as needed. They were all gone within hours!

Aren't you in O-world? Pretty sure we have a mutual friend or two. Add me - I'll make sure this doesn't happen to you again. :)

DreadfulCadillac

Not me. 0 for 2. One short in each city. Gold in 1, silver in the other. Sigh.
I sort of think it's supposed to work that way. You are at the mercy of the RNG, it can't be kind to everyone. But, mah...no big deal really. A portrait and some tools, right? If it had cost me the last airship upgrade, then....I would whine about that (just not in public).
I am here from a anonymous report that you dont understand the sarcasm font?

Rhyyss

I found 40(!) tablets, but not one Gold Tablet. So I didn't get the cool Historian avatar.

I was disappointed, but I'm okay with it. If you were guaranteed every prize from every event, it wouldn't be as fun. There has to be the chance of failure for the thrill of winning to be real.

Agent327

I found 40(!) tablets, but not one Gold Tablet. So I didn't get the cool Historian avatar.

I was disappointed, but I'm okay with it. If you were guaranteed every prize from every event, it wouldn't be as fun. There has to be the chance of failure for the thrill of winning to be real.

Historian reward wasn't that great anyhow. You can do without.