• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Scary Story Contest

• Thread starter DeletedUser21322
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser21322

With Halloween quickly approaching we would like to hear a scary story. This story must be 150 words or less.Only one entry per person. Please place the world you want to receive your prize in your post as well. The top 3 stories will receive 500 forge points. If we have over 50 entries 10 players will get 250 forge points.

Get your friends in the game involved. If we have more then 500 entries, more prizes will be added.

Contest ends 11/3/17 @ midnight EST.

Winners will be voted on anonymously by mods and Ccms.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28670

A man waited impatiently at a bus stop.
He saw a bus named "The Midnight Express" roaring down the two lane street.
He got on to see only 3 people on the bus, an old man and two people dressed in black.
He was surprised when the old man accused him of stealing his wallet. They argued, argued, and argued more until the old man proposed to continue the argument at the next bus stop.
So off they went when the bus stopped again.
As the young man was about to continue arguing, the old man stopped him, saying, "I saved your life there". The young man incredulously replied "How?" The old man answered... "Did you notice the two men in black, how they glided, and how they had no legs. "
They were ghosts.
As if on cue, a bloodcurdling scream emited from the direction of the Midnight Express. 150 words

Walstrand

Lancer

"The Midnight Express"

It was a creepy night in the world of Forge of Empires.
The city was dark, the mayor asleep, the air chilling and cold.

A man waited impatiently at a bus stop. Beeeeepppppp!
A bus called the "Midnight Express" roared down the two lane street.
It stopped and the man got on. He wasn't surprised to see that there were only 3 people on the bus, an old man and 2 people dressed in black.
He was surprised when the old man accused him of stealing his wallet. They argued, argued, and argued more until the old man proposed to continue the argument at the next bus stop.
So off they went at the next bus stop.
An uncomfortable silence was broken by the young man. As he was about to continue arguing, the old man stopped him, saying, "I saved your life there". The young man incredulously replied "How?" The old man answered... "Did you notice the two men in black, how they glided, and how they had no legs. "
They were ghosts.
As if on cue, a bloodcurdling scream emited from the direction of the Midnight Express.

In the morning, the two men went to the village police. They found the upturned Midnight Express, but no sign of the ghosts or the driver. Instead, they found a human skull in the driver's seat, and blood in the engine. The two ghosts were never seen again in the village.... or were there?

Walstrand

I like the story but you surpassed the 150 word or less. It may not count. I would consider an edit just to be safe.

DeletedUser28670

I like the story but you surpassed the 150 word or less. It may not count. I would consider an edit just to be safe.
You're right, totally forgot about the 150 word limit. Edited it to meet standards. Thanks for reminding me!

DeletedUser29353

With Halloween quickly approaching we would like to hear a scary story. This story must be 150 words or less.Only one entry per person. Please place the world you want to receive your prize in your post as well. The top 3 stories will receive 500 forge points. If we have over 50 entries 10 players will get 250 forge points.

Get your friends in the game involved. If we have more then 500 entries, more prizes will be added.

Contest ends 11/3/17 @ midnight EST.

Winners will be voted on anonymously by mods and Ccms.

Good Luck!!

Once upon a time there was a wonderful part of the world that some people called Paradise but most people referred to it as THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It wasn't really perfect but its people tried hard to work together and make it a friendly, successful place to live.

Then Donald Trump became its President - the most frightening story ever told.

I play in Jaime. Thanks for running the contest

spnnr

The tower had lain in my inventory for the past year . Life was filled with late shifts and dodging bill collectors which didn't do much for my migraines nor my gaming hobby . Though ritually late at night I would log in and do the needful before falling into a troubled sleep.

Then last week , the haunted tower appeared in my cities of Dunarsund and East-Nagach with Arvahall, Tuulech and Houndsmoor quickly following , with only Greifental being spared.WTH! Next I may find a Coliseum and Notre dame standing with forumers and guildies looking derisively at me. Worried I went off to bed and awoke to find myself still asleep - my body frozen as my open eyes rested on the mocking edges of light from the flickering streetlight through the boarded up window. No one's coming I thought as ravenous feet moved between the walls..Please God ...

Word Count :150
World : Greif
Story Titled: The Haunted Tower

DeletedUser30437

In 1836, Sarah Hart welcomed her niece, Mary to her New Haven, Connecticut home after her parent's were lost at sea.

The two women grew closer and found solace in each other's company, becoming inseparable. Over the years, it was said they became one heart, one mind.

One day while working, Mary collapsed. Sarah rushed to Mary's side thinking it a fainting spell. To Sarah's shock, Mary breathed her last in her arms.

Mary was buried the next day

That night, Sarah awoke in terror after dreaming of Mary trying to claw her way out of the coffin, and all the while, howling in dread that she had been buried alive.

On October 16, 1872, Sarah convinced the clergy to open the coffin. What they found was shocking... Mary's dead corpse; her face frozen in a ghastly agonizing grimace, with bloodied fingers missing their nails. And claw marks....

I count 147... Somebody let me know if I'm wrong, please, & TY
Title: The Ties that Bind; a True Story based on Real Events

I'm not sure which is worse, being buried alive or reliving a loved one's plight....
L world

Lancer

In 1836, Sarah Hart welcomed her niece, Mary to her New Haven, Connecticut home after her parent's were lost at sea.

The two women grew closer and found solace in each other's company, becoming inseparable. Over the years, it was said they became one heart, one mind.

One day while working, Mary collapsed. Sarah rushed to Mary's side thinking it a fainting spell. To Sarah's shock, Mary breathed her last in her arms.

Mary was buried the next day

That night, Sarah awoke in terror after dreaming of Mary trying to claw her way out of the coffin, and all the while, howling in dread that she had been buried alive.

On October 16, 1872, Sarah convinced the clergy to open the coffin. What they found was shocking... Mary's dead corpse; her face frozen in a ghastly agonizing grimace, with bloodied fingers missing their nails. And claw marks....

I count 147... Somebody let me know if I'm wrong, please, & TY
Title: The Ties that Bind; a True Story based on Real Events

I'm not sure which is worse, being buried alive or reliving a loved one's plight....
L world

It was 147 like you said.

DeletedUser29404

The story grows frightful in Korch I am told. A Legend is growing, of a wicked, evil King. He slaughters the weak, with evil delight. And in the darkest nite, he sneaks in for his candy, plump little sweets, a veritable feast.
The people were helpless, as he ravaged their plight, causing great fear, in neighborhoods alike. They banded together to fight off the fear, but Guilds alone never stayed his Big Fight.
And when he had left, some had sorely sworn, they heard him say "I'm The Bloody King and MorrGorr is fine! Your cities are weak and helping fatten My Score. I thrashed your world repeatedly, and More! Invest in My Kingdom or I'll Be Back For More!" Perhaps this fair warning, can be taken for lore!

Korch

DeletedUser31802

‘Twas the day before the Halloween Event, workmen are in the neighborhood, laying down some fiberoptic cable. Oh no, my internet is lagging. Don’t let this happen now! Cannot collect from my city. I call the internet provider. “Everything seems to be working now, sir.” And it is. Later, before bed, the internet it lagging- not again! Cannot connect to my city. Call the internet provider. Nooo… stuck in an automated help line! Finally I’m talking to a real person. “Everything seems to be working now, sir.” And it is. Going to connect to my city, but first, my wife wants to send out some work e-mails. No problem. While she is writing, we lose connection. It late, we’re tired, cannot listen to musak any more. Try to sleep, will I be able to start tomorrow? Wake up, check city. My internet connection is fine. But, for how long?
Change to Yorkton

DeletedUser31845

2am, I'm on the couch with the lights off, reading a book on my kindle, my Great Dane bedside me. He suddenly sits up, let's out a deep menacing growl. I ignore him, thinking he hears an animal outside messing with the bones he's found. Again he growls lunging off the couch, towards something i can't see. I turn on the lights. There's nothing there, yet he's still growling with his hackles raised. Shushing him, turn the lights off and continue reading. To my right i hear papers shuffling, i know this can't be right since I'm the only one awake. Turning on the lights, i see the stack of printer paper is shuffling to the floor 1 piece at a time. I began to research, discovering the builder/owner of my home had buried all who had resided here on the property, hence the bones found.
Noarsil

DeletedUser31870

Late one night there were horrific screams that beckoned from the confines of the dark and gloomy cellar. All were accounted for in the family and no one was willing to investigate these horrible shrieking sounds that came from below. Then, a frightened young lad of 10 summed up all his courage, grabbed a mallet for protection, and proceeded down the cellar stairs. With each step closer to the, now piercing, blood curdling cries from the unknown, his heart was ever so racing, faster and faster. As he reached the bottom of the stairs, the lights went completely dark, the door to the cellar slammed shut, and with a chalkboard screech of a voice the family was petrified to hear a voice bellow out, “thank you for this young lad, he’ll make for a fine addition to my collection”, and with that, no one ever heard from the boy again.

“The Calling”
World: Dunarsund
written 10.24.2017 by APH (Tuefeldog)

Freshmeboy

Bob and Betty Hill barely survive a car crash on a dark coastal road and are rescued by Igor, a hunchback who takes them to his Master's castle high on a mountaintop...The Master, a mad scientist, tries desperately to save the pair but is unable to do so. The Master, feeling his skills unworthy and in despair, ascends his castle to an old pipe organ seeking to play away his depression. As the haunting melody drifts downward, Igor, alone in the bowels of the castle with the dead couple, notices a twitch of finger movement..then a hand..then their legs start to move and in astonishment he watches them rise...Rushing up the long winding stairway to the pinnacle of the castle, Igor bursts in on his Master and screams, "Master, Master, the Hills are alive with the sound of music...!" Noarsil

DeletedUser31440

Your timer goes off, all of your productions have just finished. While looking forward to collecting all of your goods and your Terrace Farm's fp's, you open up your browser and login to your city and see that in the 30 seconds since the productions ended all of your buildings have been plundered. There's a lone message in your Inbox, "Taxes have been collected."

East-Nagach

Status
Not open for further replies.