• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Seed Vault: Do you guys think it's worth it?

DeletedUser34800

So, I have searched for information about the Seed Vault and read what I found. Couple of older threads on here and the Wiki. Good information so far, but I was just looking for more. Can never have enough information right?

Anyways, what do you guys think about the Seed Vault? Think it's any good? Worth the effort? It seems to have a low % activation chance, but I feel like that's because a person can have lots of allies, friends, players to aid a day.

It seems to give out nice prizes. I mean, don't really care about the gold/supplies, but the extra goods sounds great. But, I'd like to hear what more experienced players with more knowledge about it have to say.

DeletedUser30312

Haven't built it yet myself, but it seems to be a generally useful GB for people with a large social network who aid everyone frequently.

DeletedUser34800

That's kind of what I was thinking. I've read about the good prizes, seen the % of the rewards on the wiki, figured it'd be a good investment.

Sure, the activation % is low, but if you're aiding a lot of people (large social network as stated) I feel like it could be a real benefit. Especially the age appropriate goods, and chance at diamonds.

5x6 also isn't the largest footprint either.

DeletedUser29218

I don't think it is worth it until, at least, very late stages of the game. For goods, CF is much better (and also provides FPs). For diamonds it has some merit, but you are better off with diamond farm cities if you care about that.

Woody*

I don't view the SV as a diamond producer because the drop rate is too low. I view it as a Goods GB, and as HQS points out the value of it depends on what age you are in (and also your ability to use and/or trade the goods you are earning). Once you get to ME and refined and un-refined goods come into play, sources of refined goods (like the SV, CF and GE relics) that don't require you to use space and population become progressively more valuable as you age up. This is due to the decreasing efficiency of goods buildings as you get higher in ages.

I also agree with the CF being much better - but only if you take the time to do repeatable quests. If you do enough of them, the CF can be the best generator of Goods in the game.

One nice thing about the SV is that as soon as you age up, it's a decent source of gaining the new age goods even before you have researched the required technologies.

In the end-game, assuming you a) generate all current aged goods you need from other means (primarily CF and GE relics) and b) you generate all your other "feeder" goods needs from other GBs, Wishing Wells, Fountains, etc, a Seed Vault is superfluous. (In my opinion, for 99.99% of players out there, it will take so long for you to get to this point that the SV is a wise investment unless you camp in PE or below).

DeletedUser13838

I don't view the SV as a diamond producer because the drop rate is too low. I view it as a Goods GB, and as HQS points out the value of it depends on what age you are in (and also your ability to use and/or trade the goods you are earning). Once you get to ME and refined and un-refined goods come into play, sources of refined goods (like the SV, CF and GE relics) that don't require you to use space and population become progressively more valuable as you age up. This is due to the decreasing efficiency of goods buildings as you get higher in ages.

I also agree with the CF being much better - but only if you take the time to do repeatable quests. If you do enough of them, the CF can be the best generator of Goods in the game.

One nice thing about the SV is that as soon as you age up, it's a decent source of gaining the new age goods even before you have researched the required technologies.

In the end-game, assuming you a) generate all current aged goods you need from other means (primarily CF and GE relics) and b) you generate all your other "feeder" goods needs from other GBs, Wishing Wells, Fountains, etc, a Seed Vault is superfluous. (In my opinion, for 99.99% of players out there, it will take so long for you to get to this point that the SV is a wise investment unless you camp in PE or below).
SV produces a lot of refined goods at level 1 (on average) so in that respect it's worth building at later ages (say FE and up). However, the average number of goods it produces grows very slowly with level so it's not a high priority to level IMO.

Sure CF is better but you're not limited to 1 GB. WWs and most GBs are not useful as goods producers at end game since they produce unrefined goods.

DeletedUser34800

Thanks for all the information so far guys. Much appreciated.

I think that because the SV does produce refined goods at later ages it is a good GB to have. And all that needs to be done (besides building it if course) is to just aid people in your guild, on your friends list, and perhaps even in your neighborhood. That seems pretty solid.

It can be leveled up for a better chance to get the rewards, but it isn't as important because the % chance doesn't increase a huge amount per level. Still nice to have leveled of course.

I think I will build the Seed Vault at some point. Probably going to build the Arctic Orangery first though, but definitely build the Seed Vault after it.

I already have the Rainforest Project GB, and I love it. Increases the amount of blueprints I gain by aiding people, and I have seen a very noticable increase (plus the daily goods it gives). I figured, why not add the SV as well and gain goods, supplies/gold, and rarely diamonds as well as all the extra blueprints.

Thanks for all the information so far guys. Much appreciated.

I think that because the SV does produce refined goods at later ages it is a good GB to have. And all that needs to be done (besides building it if course) is to just aid people in your guild, on your friends list, and perhaps even in your neighborhood. That seems pretty solid.

It can be leveled up for a better chance to get the rewards, but it isn't as important because the % chance doesn't increase a huge amount per level. Still nice to have leveled of course.

I think I will build the Seed Vault at some point. Probably going to build the Arctic Orangery first though, but definitely build the Seed Vault after it.

I already have the Rainforest Project GB, and I love it. Increases the amount of blueprints I gain by aiding people, and I have seen a very noticable increase (plus the daily goods it gives). I figured, why not add the SV as well and gain goods, supplies/gold, and rarely diamonds as well as all the extra blueprints.

The percentage increase increases from 0.1% in the lower levels to 0.16 to 0.18% in the higher levels. I have a high level SV in K-world and I get diamonds about twice a week and 100-200 refined goods a day. I'm finding the diamond % to be higher than the published Wishing Well/Fountain of Youth percentage as well. I'm still collecting data to try to solidify the percentages.

DeletedUser31207

The percentage increase increases from 0.1% in the lower levels to 0.16 to 0.18% in the higher levels. I have a high level SV in K-world and I get diamonds about twice a week and 100-200 refined goods a day. I'm finding the diamond % to be higher than the published Wishing Well/Fountain of Youth percentage as well. I'm still collecting data to try to solidify the percentages.
It's not worth it. It cost too much to build and the percent chance of getting anything is to low. If you take it up 10 levels your chance of getting anything goes up 1%, that is 2 more possible chances of getting anything each time you go through all your aids if you have 200. I find it pays off it coins more than anything and who needs more coins. For a great building it pays back very little. It should either start at 10% or got up 1% every 2 levels. There are just other gbs that pay off better. It is the coliseum of advanced buildings.

DeletedUser31207

Here is what is wrong with the seed vault. Okay, mine is new and only at level 4, which is supposed to pay 2.4% of the time. I have 55 guild members, none are friends. 77 Hoodies, and 92 friends. Mathematically it should have paid off 5 times each time I aid everyone. It paid off 2 times this series. Once for 7,000 coins, and once for 50+ medals. It never pays off on my friends, and mathematically it should pay off twice. I have read here it pays off more at higher levels, but for what it cost to put in, I'm not sure I will get it back. You shouldn't have to get a GB to level 10 or higher to get anything out of it!

Is this another GB that doesn't pay off until you are in the Arctic age or beyond? when you don't need it? There should be more GBs that help you in the lower ages, not in the end stages of the game. It seems all the good GBs are only available in the last two ages. Who cares at that point! Why do you need a Terra Cota army GB in the Virtual Age? This game is already so slow it is boring. Give us some GBs that help when you are growing, not at the end! You shouldn't have to buy goods with 100 of forge points to get a GB that will help. There needs to be more GBs to help with Attack and Defense at the lower ages to help you out, without having to take them to level 20 or 30.

Too many GBs multiply coins or supplies at the lower ages. Why? What can you do with a lot of coins or supplies? SUre you need some to progress through some things, but they are so few you don't need that many. I know players in the lower ages that have 100 million coins and there is nothing to spend them on other than forge points. You can use them to put in GBs. Maybe we should be able to buy diamonds with huge amounts of coins.

Come on FOE, give us something to work with at the lower ages.

DeletedUser27889

I would like SV much more if it provided a chance at FP. I really don't know why they left that out. SV is my lowest GB at 4. I've heard it is very good if you power level. Now, it's providing the benefit of a couple WWs at less room but minus the FP.

I wanted it because I aid everyone basically every day. Proof: Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 12.33.21 AM.png so why not get it and get stuff for what you do everyday anyway? Everything it does though can be done better with other GBs. If you work your Chat and quests you will not want for your eras goods, refined or not, ever again.

If you are very strapped for room though I wouldn't both with it. I debated deleting it the other week when I needed room for the summer event ships but I went with RaH instead as SV wouldn't have been enough space on it's own. My supplies hoard is telling me that was a mistake.

Here is what is wrong with the seed vault. Okay, mine is new and only at level 4, which is supposed to pay 2.4% of the time. I have 55 guild members, none are friends. 77 Hoodies, and 92 friends. Mathematically it should have paid off 5 times each time I aid everyone. It paid off 2 times this series. Once for 7,000 coins, and once for 50+ medals. It never pays off on my friends, and mathematically it should pay off twice. I have read here it pays off more at higher levels, but for what it cost to put in, I'm not sure I will get it back. You shouldn't have to get a GB to level 10 or higher to get anything out of it!

Is this another GB that doesn't pay off until you are in the Arctic age or beyond? when you don't need it? There should be more GBs that help you in the lower ages, not in the end stages of the game. It seems all the good GBs are only available in the last two ages. Who cares at that point! Why do you need a Terra Cota army GB in the Virtual Age? This game is already so slow it is boring. Give us some GBs that help when you are growing, not at the end! You shouldn't have to buy goods with 100 of forge points to get a GB that will help. There needs to be more GBs to help with Attack and Defense at the lower ages to help you out, without having to take them to level 20 or 30.

Too many GBs multiply coins or supplies at the lower ages. Why? What can you do with a lot of coins or supplies? SUre you need some to progress through some things, but they are so few you don't need that many. I know players in the lower ages that have 100 million coins and there is nothing to spend them on other than forge points. You can use them to put in GBs. Maybe we should be able to buy diamonds with huge amounts of coins.

Come on FOE, give us something to work with at the lower ages.

The probability of paying out is on average. I should get about 23 payouts with my current SV. I get anywhere from 19 to 28. So it' s pretty close.

The Seed Vault is probably not that useful if you are lower age and shouldn't be a high priority building. It is an Arctic Future building. I built it because I wanted to save space from WW/FOY. Additonally, it gives refined goods instead of unrefined goods that you get from WW/FOY. For those of us that are ME or above, this is quite helpful.

Coins and supplies, and medals are not that useful. However, if you are FE or above, the goods are helpful. If you have an abundance of goods, keep in mind, they can be sold for FP. If I get 100 Virtual Future goods, at the going rate of 1 good/FP in the K-world, that is worth 100 FP to me. That's more than you will get from WW/FOY. You don't have to build a plunderable goods building, and it takes no additional space than the Seed Vault. Additionally, the diamonds, which seem to be coming at higher than the published 1.25% of the WW, are nice.

Coins: You spend them on FP. Those FP eventually get expensive. Each of mine cost 360K now. 100MM gold goes quite quickly. As your GBs level, leveling them gets more and more difficult until you hit that "sweet spot" where they are profitable for high-Arc players. After that it gets progressively more difficult.

The Seed Vault may not be a good building for your style of play. However, it may be worthwhile for others.

I would like SV much more if it provided a chance at FP. I really don't know why they left that out. SV is my lowest GB at 4. I've heard it is very good if you power level. Now, it's providing the benefit of a couple WWs at less room but minus the FP.

I wanted it because I aid everyone basically every day. Proof: View attachment 10722 so why not get it and get stuff for what you do everyday anyway? Everything it does though can be done better with other GBs. If you work your Chat and quests you will not want for your eras goods, refined or not, ever again.

If you are very strapped for room though I wouldn't both with it. I debated deleting it the other week when I needed room for the summer event ships but I went with RaH instead as SV wouldn't have been enough space on it's own. My supplies hoard is telling me that was a mistake.

Depending on your Era and FP production, the few FP from the WW/FOY may or may not make that big of a difference. If you have a high level Arc, the amount is negligible.

The recurring quests for AF are nice. For OF, they are harder. for VF they seem much more difficult. I think production of refined goods out of the Chateau becomes less and less. Any opportunities to get refined goods freely are something that I welcome.

The rate of diamonds seems a bit higher than the WW/FOY. I still need to confirm this.

Leveling the SV is no picnic. However, it does continue to scale well (the % chance of getting a reward increases as the building levels up).

As I stated in a reply above if you are in FE or above, those goods are nice and can be sold for FP to people and that is worth something as well, possibly more than what you would get in FP from WW/FOY.

We each play the game differently and the Seed Vault will not suit everyone's style. There is a group that find it an intriguing building.

DeletedUser34800

Thanks for all this information guys. I appreciate it. Definitely enjoyed reading it.

I did end up building the SV, and I really like it. Even at lvl 1 (I realized I had higher GB priorities to level first). It may not be the greatest at lvl 1, but I still like it.

The fact that it tosses out each good of the era, when it gives goods, is great. I get, on average, 8 of each good per day (2 hits of the SV giving +4 goods a time), as well as some gold/supplies, sometimes diamonds. Sometimes it's 16 goods a day (4 hits) sometimes 0-4 goods (0-1 hits). It's worth it to me. It's basically just a goods producing building to me, that also gives coins, supplies and diamonds.

I've enjoyed the SV so far, and look forward to it's payouts when it's a much higher level, and I am a higher age.

Woody*

I got mines to level 77 for 12% or around 35 hits everyday
Yeah the goods is nice in VF lol

Yeah, but you and I are playing a different game than 99.9% of the players out there - which is to build "super GBs" (and I know I'm way behind you). For those players that are trying to decide which GBs to level through to level 60+ first, where would you rank it in terms of which to do first? Personally, I recommend all the FP generating GBs first (with the caveat that VF players producing a lot of SV-generated VF goods are producing a lot of potential FPs through goods sales). I recommend leveling the Arc (unless you never win GB prizes) and Traz (unless you never fight and don't need happy buildings/decos/etc) before it, too.

That said, most players will be deciding whether to build it at all, and at level 1 it gets more valuable the higher age you are. IMO, I don't recommend leveling it past level 1 until get a lot of other GBs leveled first.

Yeah, but you and I are playing a different game than 99.9% of the players out there - which is to build "super GBs" (and I know I'm way behind you). For those players that are trying to decide which GBs to level through to level 60+ first, where would you rank it in terms of which to do first? Personally, I recommend all the FP generating GBs first (with the caveat that VF players producing a lot of SV-generated VF goods are producing a lot of potential FPs through goods sales). I recommend leveling the Arc (unless you never win GB prizes) and Traz (unless you never fight and don't need happy buildings/decos/etc) before it, too.

That said, most players will be deciding whether to build it at all, and at level 1 it gets more valuable the higher age you are. IMO, I don't recommend leveling it past level 1 until get a lot of other GBs leveled first.

You are so right. It's not a high priority to hyperlevel by any means. Arc, Chateau, Inno, Cape and Traz should be done first, with the Arc being the most important. I didn't even build my SV until I had those done. AO, CdM, and Kraken are the ones that I'm working on now. I throw a few levels into my TA. My SV gets an occasional level when people want prints or I want the additional chance.

When I was leveling my SV, I did notice it became harder because I wasn't leveling my FP producing buildings as much. Your advancement is dependent on FP, so it behooves you to produce as many of those as you can.

DeletedUser30312

I got around to building the SV over on my WW farm a while back and it's not too bad. I haven't gotten diamonds yet, but I do get goods occasionally which is useful. It's still pretty low level though, so after a few levels it should improve a little. I don't regret it, and it's not a bad choice for a WW farm, IMO.