• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Seed Vault: Do you guys think it's worth it?

DeletedUser31207

So, I have searched for information about the Seed Vault and read what I found. Couple of older threads on here and the Wiki. Good information so far, but I was just looking for more. Can never have enough information right?

Anyways, what do you guys think about the Seed Vault? Think it's any good? Worth the effort? It seems to have a low % activation chance, but I feel like that's because a person can have lots of allies, friends, players to aid a day.

It seems to give out nice prizes. I mean, don't really care about the gold/supplies, but the extra goods sounds great. But, I'd like to hear what more experienced players with more knowledge about it have to say.

Really not worth,

Again, I just aided 74 hoodies, 65 guildies, and 84 friends. Level 7 seed vault at 2.5% I got 9,000 coins, 9,000 supplies.

Not worth it.

Really not worth,

Again, I just aided 74 hoodies, 65 guildies, and 84 friends. Level 7 seed vault at 2.5% I got 9,000 coins, 9,000 supplies.

Not worth it.

I'm in OF. I have a level 84 Seed Vault at 13.21%. I don't care about the coins, supplies or medals. I got mine for the goods and diamonds.

Today, I picked up 1650 medals, 250,800 supplies, 169,200 coins, 300 refined goods and 50 diamonds.

I will be moving up to VF shortly. At the going rate for VF goods, 300 goods is worth over 200 FP in the K-world.

DeletedUser31207

Really not worth,

Not worth it.

SEED VAULT =Just say no!

I have a Seed Vault at level 7, it is supposed to give you a 2.5% chance of a reward when you aid others. Just aided 94 friends, 65 guildies, 75 hoodies. It paid off once for 9,000 coins!

It starts at a 2% chance of reward and goes up a whopping .1% (1/10 of a %) with each level. So, at level 10, you are at 3%! Just to make sure you don't win too much, it jumps to .08% increase per level after that. At that rate at level 100 you will be at the unbelievable chance of reward of 11%!!!! WOW!!!!

If you could ever find enough people with one and had a maxed out ARC and got the SD to level 1000, you might have an 83% of getting anything from aiding.

COME ON FOE!!! THIS IS THE WORST GB EVER!!

SEED VAULT =Just say no!

I have a Seed Vault at level 7, it is supposed to give you a 2.5% chance of a reward when you aid others. Just aided 94 friends, 65 guildies, 75 hoodies. It paid off once for 9,000 coins!

It starts at a 2% chance of reward and goes up a whopping .1% (1/10 of a %) with each level. So, at level 10, you are at 3%! Just to make sure you don't win too much, it jumps to .08% increase per level after that. At that rate at level 100 you will be at the unbelievable chance of reward of 11%!!!! WOW!!!!

If you could ever find enough people with one and had a maxed out ARC and got the SD to level 1000, you might have an 83% of getting anything from aiding.

COME ON FOE!!! THIS IS THE WORST GB EVER!!

It actually jumps up more as the levels go up. At level 86, it’s 13.57% and goes up 0.18% per level.

At level 86, get roughly 160 refined goods plus or minus 60 goods and get diamonds once a week.

If the % chance keeps going up increasing amounts per leve, I will continue to level it.

DeletedUser31540

I have 19 GBs ... of the ones i havent yet built Seed vault is the most intriguing to me

I think its thoroughly medicore until you start power leveling it and then it becomes quite good .... and as others have said it becomes more attractive the higher age one is so the goods can be flipped for fps

I am in lma so it wouldnt be very good for me other than for the fact that i often guild hop and some days i aid 2000+ people

If i build it it will be for the diamonds and the timing will be such that i can built it and bring it to level 70 right away (which is several months if not a year+ away)

DeletedUser31207

SEED VAULT - Just Say No!

I'm tired of GBs you have to take to level 100 to get anything!! I have a 2.7% vault. I just aided 99 friends, 65 guildies, and 74 hoodies. I got 9,200 supplies and 90 medals for my reward! You shouldn't have to take a GB to level 80, 90, or 100 to get any type of worthwhile payout!!

DeletedUser8428

Last I checked, I make choices about what to build in my city .. sometimes what I choose doesn't work out well for ME - works out great for someone else because what's important to them is different.

Bottom line is, I made a choice. If it didn't work out, I can always change my mind.

DeletedUser27525

Here is my assessment of SV, benchmarked against WW.

Like other players have already pointed out, SV gives refined goods (WW gives unrefined) but not fp (WW does). IMO the two are close enough for a comparison.

I didn't spend FPs to buy AF goods on this. I waited till I reached AF.

If you have a WW farm but would like to use the space for something else, SV is highly recommended.

DeletedUser33179

Here is my assessment of SV, benchmarked against WW.

Like other players have already pointed out, SV gives refined goods (WW gives unrefined) but not fp (WW does). IMO the two are close enough for a comparison.

I didn't spend FPs to buy AF goods on this. I waited till I reached AF.

If you have a WW farm but would like to use the space for something else, SV is highly recommended.

I realize that SV does give a tiny chance for diamonds within that tiny chance for winning something when aiding. But, Isn't the whole point of a WW farm to develop it to where you only need to spend a minute or less in it daily to collect from your sea of WW's, in hopes of winning diamonds? Why would someone want a SV in such a city? So much more time spent there with all the daily aiding that must be done + much more work to hyper-level the SV enough to be worthwile for getting significantly more diamonds than WW.

DeletedUser27525

I realize that SV does give a tiny chance for diamonds within that tiny chance for winning something when aiding. But, Isn't the whole point of a WW farm to develop it to where you only need to spend a minute or less in it daily to collect from your sea of WW's, in hopes of winning diamonds? Why would someone want a SV in such a city? So much more time spent there with all the daily aiding that must be done + much more work to hyper-level the SV enough to be worthwile for getting significantly more diamonds than WW.
Yes it's a tradeoff between space and fp, like many other GBs. The same argument can apply to other GBs: e.g. it's much easier to build houses so why build Habitat, or fill your city with TFs so you don't need Cape, etc.

I'm definitely not advocating that everyone should build SV. It really depends on what you want from your city.

In my case, I don't have the luxury to play in multiple worlds and I don't buy diamonds. So on one hand I'd like to have a WW farm but on the other hand I really need space for other stuff. SV turned out to be the perfect solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

I find that it complements my WW farm quite nicely. I usually keep my guild and friends aided anyway, so I might as well take advantage of the SV. I've gotten some diamonds out of it so far, though not often, but I can accept that as a matter of game balance.

Emberguard

Yeah it really depends if your WW farm is a "log on - collect - log off" or playing more normally but not spending any diamonds while trying to maximise on the things that produce diamonds (Lvl GE lvl 4)

I play in one world because I don't have the luxury of time to play in multiple worlds and create WW-diamond farms. If I did, I would go that route.

I find the refined goods to be fairly consistent over time and get diamonds on a regular basis as well. The results can be irregular on any given day, but they do average out over time. The SV doesn't make much sense before ME.

The real benefit of the SV comes from getting unplunderable refined goods. The diamonds are really a bonus. I am in VF in the K-world and have a level 87 SV. I get on average 180 refined goods a day which I use to sell TA kits to other players. I get diamonds about once a week. To get that daily from a 5x6 space is nothing short of phenomenal. It took a lot of work to level it up that high, but I do feel that it is worth it. With space being the most limited resource, any time you can extract more production out of the space you have, the better.

I have been keeping data on the SV since June. I have over 3000 aids that have given rewards and the diamond rate is currently 1.22% which is on par with the WW/FOY. I try to give updates of the data in the Fandom-Wiki.

Crystal River

I built one recently and got it up to 61st level. Is it worth it you ask? So far my opinion is NO, for the following reasons. 1) it pays out infrequently even at higher levels (I've polished 120 friends, 70 guildies and about 70 neighbors and still very little pay outs) 2) it very expensive to bring up levels. 3) it doesn't pay fps and the chance of winning diamonds is so slim you probably have a better chance of getting hit by lightning, 4) by the time you reached the actual age/era that its offered in you should already have enough coins, supplies and medals, so you really hoping for goods and diamond, taking the above # 1, 2 + 3 into account, there are numerous event buildings that are fp free to build that are much better than this GB.

Although, If inno tweaked this GB just a little it could be a truly amazing GB.

I plan to bring it to level 80 just so its not a complete waste of space. I'll up date my post then if it gets any better (fingers crossed)

Mine is now level 132. I get about 400 SAV goods/day. Diamonds 4 times per week (200 diamonds total). All from a 5x6 space. The GB obviously scales with Era. I don't consider it a waste of space at all. If you have hyper levled buildings. Is it worth to take a SV from 0 to 80 for 44K FP (assuming 1.9) or a few more levels of a a hyperleveled CDM, TA, or AO? I'm still going with the SV. Of note, the % increase goes up until level 100. After that, it starts to fall off. At level 133, it increases 0.10% again.

NocturnoCulto

With the Vault of Seeds...I am in Yorkton and with it being a newer world when put up with all the worlds, I suppose it makes sense why it was very very difficult to get the first 9 prints to build! But I used an outside site and began messaging people who had Vaults above level 10 as it was a waste of FP to get spots that weren't p1 on less than 10! But everyone whom I asked would say how they were in groups! But I found two people with them and wow! To get the 9 prints I had to get p1 on this one SV that was a free for all so I got p1 on 3 of the 4 levels I paid into! On the fourth level I miscalculated and was off by 20 points and ended up getting bumped! That got me the 8/9 prints and SV became the only GB that I paid the 200 diamonds for the final print! I also was just hoping to more self sufficient! As I didn't produce nearly enough goods that I was using for negotiations for GBG because I had a pitiful attack boost! But once I got the Seed Vault, I was really let down! But that began my journey of either finding prints through snipes or overpaying for them! But to average out I eventually got my SV to level 26-27, and I had 3 or 4 more levels of prints! And I was just at the end of it! But then a friend who I had helped, told me that she had found someone same level as hers who needed a p1 for p1 and with that I was able to get enough levels of prints that I checked and when they had 2 levels left to 80 I let them give p2 to others! As prints are so hard to come by for Seed Vault! I just got mine up to 95 from 90 to get 15% reward chance! The thing with the SV is it's a like a 180 Seed Vault! As it begins with the levels giving point 1 percent per level but then it climbs up so that while other buildings are going down in rewards per level the Seed Vault goes up and up until 90 and then it starts going way down! However it's also reversed with the rewards as the other buildings will give lots on the first 10 levels! But for the Seed Vault the first 30-40 levels are going to be so frustrating! As you get nothing, however I'd say once you get it to 60 or then it really becomes great! As I can't imagine aiding without it! I have friends who use the tools to check to see who aids them and they won't aid guild mates who don't aid them! However I aid everyone because lol, it really changes aiding because it's more about getting goods than anything! The goods however will come in clumps! As I will get 20 goods here and there but when I have a good day it's always like back to back 20,20,20 nothing x 5-10 aid actions then two more 20s! But I wanted to get it to 95 for the 15% chance so that for the new era I will be able to get more goods! When I put in a Seed Vault on the beta test of the new era I even got it up to 15 and wow! I was shocked at how few rewards I got! So is Seed Vault a good building? No it's a GREAT Building! But you have to power level it up into being a great building! Because at levels below the 10% reward chance you actually will question yourself as to what am I doing?!?! Because you don't see anything for all these points you are spending! But upon reaching 95 today I got 50 diamonds today which is odd because I had started to see a pattern with regards to the diamonds as I would get 150-200 diamonds every 3 months over 2-3 days! But I got 150 2 weeks ago! Which I am giving credit to the 15% as that's going to help because I would like to get it to 20% but 130 is insane! and I figure I'll get a reward every 7-8 aid actions! But unless you are hoping to get goods, then it's not really going to do much as if you want diamonds this is not a GB for that as the diamonds are like they are for the wells, or how they are for the HC/SC with getting them every so often! But I love the goods I get! But just be warned unless you have the prints and points to go 0-60 it's going to be a waste of space! Cheers