• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Seeing lot of lag.

DeletedUser31499

I’m on an iPad that was state of the art in 2013. What I see is a slowdown and crashes maybe every hour or so. It really got worse with the last update to ...83. I think as the game has grown in size with GBG, endless events, the Settlements the game is asking for more resources. Both memory, cpu, and i/o. I have to wonder at least on an iPad if there isn’t a memory leak somewhere where registers and memory locations are used but never released when they are no longer needed. The game will start out fine but especially with GBG as the fighting rolls on I find the response time of the game getting worse and worse until the game crashes. Reloading the game fixes the problem for another hour until heavy game use crashes it again. Just my opinion.

Farfle the smelly

I’m on my iPhone and while there isn’t lag, it did freeze a couple of times over the weekend. Which it’s never done before. That said, I get SO much lag when playing PC, due to my graphics card being rather pathetic.

kmc11

I’m on an iPad that was state of the art in 2013. What I see is a slowdown and crashes maybe every hour or so. It really got worse with the last update to ...83. I think as the game has grown in size with GBG, endless events, the Settlements the game is asking for more resources. Both memory, cpu, and i/o. I have to wonder at least on an iPad if there isn’t a memory leak somewhere where registers and memory locations are used but never released when they are no longer needed. The game will start out fine but especially with GBG as the fighting rolls on I find the response time of the game getting worse and worse until the game crashes. Reloading the game fixes the problem for another hour until heavy game use crashes it again. Just my opinion.

That indeed sounds like a memory leak. Or memory fragmentation..
Sometimes game resources aren't freed until absolutely needed, as frequently used resources are.. frequently used and thus it's desirable to have them around, unless you're running out of RAM that is.. Although a memory leak would be perfectly possible, the architecture of iOS should make that much less likely.
Most likely the resources are stored for reuse, but the game doesn't have a good awareness of the amount of free RAM available..

I'm seeing it in my browser, and have been thinking it's lag. It impairs my system so severely that I have to force a reboot. Of course, that means I'm losing time on tavern store boosts.

/edit Some tavern silver to compensate would be nice...

Last edited: