• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Seeking advice on Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser38275
  • Start date

DeletedUser38275

TL;DR: after completion of settlements goals, what’s, in your opinion, the best course of play?

Background: I started playing about a year ago, am now in IA (Industrial age - sorry), making about 150fp on a normal day, completing 64 encounters weekly, loving my guild (not looking to move, don’t ask), and progressing nicely (with my own goals, which do not place my Arc atop). I mainly farm, but also attack, having a few higher age troops already and soon get decent army-GB for my age (coa, cdm and z at 10).
I have completed 20 Viking settlements (before and after 20th quest change) to obtain the Ygg9 and 3 gr5, as well just finished my 15th Japanese feudal to obtain the Shinto9 and 3 td5.

Play style: what’s keeping me active in last 10months on the main game has been the settlements... the repetition and pace of the progression in main city is leaving me with mixed feelings about the game. I mainly play for fun, f2p, and also complete all accessible event buildings.

Questions:
1- the next settlement is advertised in game (Ancient Egypt), are there any known timeframe for release?
2- meanwhile, vikings can be completed in 8d, japan in 6d (with some goods costs at merchant), for 50FP, and one gr5 or td5 every 5 completions, what would be your choice?
3- let go and relax with the slower pace of the main city, focus on its GB and grind that Arc to 80 :facepalm:?

Please provide your opinion or advice, as I am a bit perplexed as to which course to follow to stay active, now that the main goals of the settlements have been reached.

PS: I am still ‘trying’ this game, like some aspects of it, not some others. I am unwilling to start on a different world (than MK), my choice.
Edit: if anyone needs advice or help on settlements, I can help, just pm me...

Important edit: my current age corrected after post #11 - sorry for the confusion (I’d guess having an Arc and working on a Cape isn’t common in Iron Age...)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38275

Do what you like tbh. The Egyptian settlement won't come out for some time (at least 2 months, most likely, based on Beta datamining).
Thanks for the info.
I would age up.
I’m in middle-ish of IA, splitting my activity between GB progression (cape is my next potential) and tech progression.
For some ref, I have unlocked 70 levels of my Arc, and accumulated about 3k FPs in bank, and my next expansion costs 200k medals.
My idea is to grow my fp income with cape (and maybe cdm), manage pop/happiness with IT / FoD-Traz, to make the arc grind a bit easier.
But, indeed, ageing is my main idea of progression ;)

DeletedUser38275

What tech progression??? Playing for a year and still in IA. That is zero progression!
You want game advice for a game you are not playing.
What age should I be in as f2p?
Edit: I explained my playstyle, you may want to do the same if you want me, or anyone, to take your replies for more than thin air...
You control the pace of progression and since you do not progress at all, you are responsible for your feelings about the gaame. You might as well quit.
Indeed...

And yet you are in IA after almost a year.
You do not need game advice, cause it does not matter what you do. You might as well stay camping.
Interesting, to not say more: do you always use this tone, and are still active in this forum?
I may have to review again its rules...

Algona

Nice city.

May be a bit of misunderstanding. OP is in IndA, not Iron Age.

Possible game aspects to focus on: Prepping for Guild Battlegrounds byincreasing your Goods and Troops productions and acquiring and leveling the 7 combat GBs*.. If not strictly mobile, GvG. Helping Guildies progress. The already recommended Ageing up, although if you like IndA, no reason to do so in a hurry.

Good luck!

*Traz, AO, Kraken, TCA, Zeus, CoA, CdM.

DeletedUser38275

Nice city.

May be a bit of misunderstanding. OP is in IndA, not Iron Age.

Possible game aspects to focus on: Prepping for Guild Battlegrounds byincreasing your Goods and Troops productions and acquiring and leveling the 7 combat GBs*.. If not strictly mobile, GvG. Helping Guildies progress. The already recommended Ageing up, although if you like IndA, no reason to do so in a hurry.

Good luck!

*Traz, AO, Kraken, TCA, Zeus, CoA, CdM.
oops, indeed Industrial age, and thanks.
Working on the combat GBs, but (un)fortunately only on mobile, so GvG ain’t much for me (although I’d wish to check that feature, yet few in my guild participate in it). I do as much as I can to help my guildies with advices and info gathered here and from friends in game, and trying to collect enough resources to be able to support more my guild without impacting my own game, in trades fp etc.. for example.

About ageing: I like as much exploring the age, as discover the next, so I’m only staying in an age for as long as I benefit from it, and go next when I feel that I have more to profit (gain v loss) in the next.

Re: the settlements, it appears that I am in my own little world, and have had a hard time to find players enjoying/competing in it as much as myself.

Algona

Re: the settlements, it appears that I am in my own little world, and have had a hard time to find players enjoying/competing in it as much as myself.

Be glad you enjoy the Settlement Process.

One of my favorite aspects of the game, even before the city editor feature was added was city remodeling. I still enjoy it, spent a few hours last night durdling in my main city.

But I'm sicko perv that way, a lot of folk hate remodeling.

Given that, I should like Cultural Settlements. I don't. By the time I got lvl 9 Ygg in the experimental city I never wanted to see Vikings again.

I'm grinding Japan, its not as grindy of grinding grindness as Vikings, and it's not white on white with white highlights, but that has become more chore then fun.

I'm sure that there are others who enjoy the Selltement Processt, but I'm just in Settlements for the payoffs. I went through and analyzed what would make Setllements more fun for me, but the list I cam up with does not fit the direction INNO is taking FoE.

DeletedUser38275

Oh gosh, lol: I’ve redone my main base so many times, especially trying to fit as many TF and GB as I can, and still keep a few SoK: that’s where settlements came in with the next best building after GB.
Some argument with other players, I still removed all my WW (even shrunk) and FoY, after finding more use for that space.
I had tried an Shrine of Inspiration for a few weeks, but its output wasn’t what I expected (all age bp, vs my age bps).
I just invested in a hedge maze (for less than 8k/base price at dealer auction) and will try it as soon as I have some space (lol).

DeletedUser30312

Given that, I should like Cultural Settlements. I don't. By the time I got lvl 9 Ygg in the experimental city I never wanted to see Vikings again.

Same here. I'm only finishing off Vikings on my main to get the level 9 Ygg just because its combat boost is so ridiculously high, but once I get that I'm never touching it again. The margins of error are far too narrow, the houses have too low of a population, and it needs to be heavily babysat. And there are times when the goods needed for the next step are stupid high, the worst cases are when you need much more than 50 of a single good right after you unlock its building and you also need those goods to add more expansions. Japan is much better balanced, and the merchant helps to speed things up.

Glaun

If the game as you are playing becomes dull, consider a new style of playing. Get your Arc to level 80. For me it opened a whole new concept of play. (Sniping, 1.9 threads). The second concept that will change your style of play is Cosmic Raven's "Heavy Questing" Both take a lot of learning and study. Many players disdain them, but I noticed that after my playing a year or so, the game became fresh again. So much has been written about the level 80 Arc and Heavy Questing that it would be foolish to repeat it here. Google both concepts and see if they interest you. Also, check out the Heavy Questing guide in this Forums Guide section. And finally, ignore the ignorant rude replies to your legitimate question. (Oh !, I see now that the player who posted the ignorant rude replies has deleted from this thread those comments, as well he should.)

Last edited:

DeletedUser41107

I finished the first one, Feudal Japan yesterday. This morning, it has reset to the start. Is that normal?

DeletedUser29726

Yes, everytime you finish and start a new one you're back at the start of the settlement but with the next GP in the chain up for grabs, less time to reach the bonus rewards, and higher chance of 4x goods. You have to finish 13 japanese and 15 vikings in order to get all the unique grand prizes. You can do them additional times after that for 50 FP as GP each (and extra chances at the bonus rewards)

UBERhelp1

Yes, everytime you finish and start a new one you're back at the start of the settlement but with the next GP in the chain up for grabs, less time to reach the bonus rewards, and higher chance of 4x goods. You have to finish 13 japanese and 15 vikings in order to get all the unique grand prizes. You can do them additional times after that for 50 FP as GP each (and extra chances at the bonus rewards)
Note that you have to complete an extra settlement for each to get the badges for the settlements

DeletedUser41107

Thank you!