• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Seeking professional help :)

OldTyme72

This is my main world. I just need some advice on what I could be doing better.
I have so many goods buildings up just because I have the population & space for them. I still have plenty of houses up as well.

Should I just tear down & start placing Terrace Farms? I could probably delete some of my houses & 2 lanes.
Would be the best use for space right now? I have plenty of VF goods and rarely do collect them. I also have plenty of VF & OF terrace farms.
Just thought I'd ask the pros & get some input.

Thanks.

Attachments

• FOE.jpg
    FOE.jpg
    882.4 KB · Views: 54

Super Catanian

If you want to tear down said goods buildings, replace them with WWs instead. They are definitely worth it, trust me!

Last edited:

OldTyme72

I have 6 mini-WWs near the COA.
I have a dedicated world of just wishing wells. Probably have 50 of them there. I do have 16 WW's & 7 shrink-kits in inventory. Wouldn't be terrible to have a line of them as well I guess.

I should mention I'm perm-120% without any polishing now (thanks Carnival set) :)
If I lost unneeded population that would free up space I have with big culture buildings.

Super Catanian

Where do you get them?
Welcome to the forums!

You can get WWs from events as daily specials, the main prize, or from the Daily Challenges.
They provide a random output every 24 hours; they could be coins, supplies, 2 Forge Points, 10 of one good of your age, medals, and, very rarely, 50 Diamonds!!

DeletedUser27889

I'm having a hard time seeing what you got and don't really know the levels of things from your image (too lazy to hunt you in db and load in planner) anyway:

My opinion only but I would build up CF so you don't need any goods buildings and no or less 2 lane roads.
It looks like you're trying to get all the FP possible but I don't see cape. Assuming you're done with arc:

Cape to 60
CF to 60
Hagia where those goods buildings currently are
Hagia/Inno to 60

AO/CDM/HC to 60 assuming you fight. If you fight a lot you might want to prioritize those above Hagia/Inno even though they are less efficient from a strictly FP perspective. https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...eak-even-time-for-all-fp-producing-gbs.24383/

That's assuming you're going for big FP output based on your message. If you're going for a hardcore fighting city your priorities would be different.

I agree with @icarusethan wishing wells on main would be a waste of space once you get to a certain level. When you don't need the goods, don't need the coin, supply, can use that space to create more FP the 1% chance of 50 diamonds don't really cut it as a reason to keep them. Make a diamond farm, diamonds are the only thing that carry over. You have every other world to have as many WWs as you want, funneling those diamonds to your main. Don't waste main space you need for something you can put on another world. My opinions of course.

DeletedUser38379

Welcome to the forums!

You can get WWs from events as daily specials, the main prize, or from the Daily Challenges.
They provide a random output every 24 hours; they could be coins, supplies, 2 Forge Points, 10 of one good of your age, medals, and, very rarely, 50 Diamonds!!

Just let you know I don’t have any problem with your slang. But that start trek guy I can’t understand at all. So question,how do you have so many?

Super Catanian

Wishing Wells. Try to keep up. :p
Thanks!!

Just let you know I don’t have any problem with your slang. But that start trek guy I can’t understand at all. So question,how do you have so many?
Mostly through events, but don't think that it only took a few days.
When an event offers WWs as one of the daily specials (meaning that they'll only be available during that specific day), many players will spend their event currency to increase their chances of obtaining it.
As mentioned above in my previous post, you can get some from the Daily Challenges.

DeletedUser27889

But that start trek guy I can’t understand at all.
heh took me a minute to realize I'm 'that star trek guy' but if you're confused about something you can ask. I mean after all we never would have been able to embark on interplanetary travel if the Vulcans hadn't helped us ;)

What you're seeing in my post is names of Great buildings and FP meaning FP. Unfortunately nothing there was all too advanced, I'm not telling you to study up on it but you will have a harder time in game not knowing the buildings. If you're brand new though it will come in time.

Here's a list of Great Buildings (GBs) currently in the game: https: //forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Great_Buildings

In game and here most GBs are referred to by their acronym. Only exceptions I can think of is Observatory people call Obs or Alcatraz people call Traz. Though if you play or encounter anyone from one of the other language servers you'd see them say Alca for whatever reason. There are also many other acronyms people use in game you will probably pick up as time goes on.

Super Catanian

In game and here most GBs are referred to by their acronym. Only exceptions I can think of is Observatory people call Obs or Alcatraz people call Traz. Though if you play or encounter anyone from one of the other language servers you'd see them say Alca for whatever reason. There are also many other acronyms people use in game you will probably pick up as time goes on.
Some exceptions are: Arc doesn't go by an acronym, Innovation Tower goes by Inno (make sure it's lowercase, since INNO refers to InnoGames), Statue of Zeus goes just by Zeus, Lighthouse of Alexandria can go by LoA or just lighthouse, and Babel of ToB means Tower of Babel.

Let me know if I missed some.

DeletedUser27889

Some exceptions are: Arc doesn't go by an acronym, Innovation Tower goes by Inno (make sure it's lowercase, since INNO refers to InnoGames), Statue of Zeus goes just by Zeus, Lighthouse of Alexandria can go by LoA or just lighthouse, and Babel of ToB means Tower of Babel.
I went searching because I could have sworn we had an acronym thread somewhere on the forums but if so I can't find it. Hmm yeah Cape goes by Cape, Gaea I usually see as Gaea.. or really not at all since many don't build it.

Ah got it, I was looking up acronyms, Snowbell called them abbreviations: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/game-abbreviations.23157/ This looks a bit out of date now and missing some stuff, has nothing about GvG apart from GvG itself but still enough for a new player to get by.

DeletedUser

make sure it's lowercase, since INNO refers to InnoGames
I have never seen all caps used to differentiate the company from the GB in the 4 years I've been playing the game and reading the Forum. Context is all you need to know which is being referred to.

Super Catanian

I have never seen all caps used to differentiate the company from the GB in the 4 years I've been playing the game and reading the Forum. Context is all you need to know which is being referred to.
You're right. I just often see people capitalize INNO when referring to InnoGames. Thanks for clearing it up, though!

- KQ -

I always use INNO when referring to the company. I'm usually not a big fan of Acronyms or slang however and when it comes to Great Buildings or set pieces I usually spell out the whole name to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding and I think it's more inclusive of newer or less experienced players. Sometimes the context seems obvious to us, but it may be Greek or something else unintelligible to someone else.

Super Catanian

Sometimes the context seems obvious to us, but it may be Greek or something else unintelligible to someone else.
So basically they are something like this:

"Yo no entiendo nada de lo que estás diciendo".
I do not understand anything that you're saying.