• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] sell old production buildings to make room for new buildings???

DeletedUser

Sometimes we need products like dye or wine to unlock things (research or new lands). I'm wondering if as we advance in the the ages will those requirements advance too?
For example, if I am in the early middle ages will the game still require products such as wine from the bronze age in order to advance?
I don't want to sell my vineyard to make room for a cloth mill if I'm going to need wine again at some point.

Thanks!

DeletedUser9433

You will need tons of lower age goods throughout the game however when you produce higher age goods you can often trade down plus as you advance the cost of destroying and rebuilding lower age buildings becomes almost meaningless.

DeletedUser

You will need tons of lower age goods throughout the game however when you produce higher age goods you can often trade down plus as you advance the cost of destroying and rebuilding lower age buildings becomes almost meaningless.

Thanks!
I've built up about 100 items of a couple of the lower level items. Between that and trading (hadn't thought of trading the higher for lower) I should be ok to sell some of the lower items.

Thanks again for your help!

DeletedUser5556

As you advance up the ages so does the neighborhood your in and they will produce and trade less of the lower age goods making them harder to aquire if your guild doesn't have plenty. It's a good idea to stock up on the goods you don't make (don't have bonus for) while you're in that age range. You will then have what you need and hopefully extra to help out your guild mates.