• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Selling a building built from inventory

DeletedUser32702

if I sell a building that I built using the inventory, instead of paying for it from the build list with coins and supplies, do I still get back some coins and supplies? I am talking about things like the city park, not special event buildings.

DeletedUser8428

if I sell a building that I built using the inventory, instead of paying for it from the build list with coins and supplies, do I still get back some coins and supplies? I am talking about things like the city park, not special event buildings.
Be aware that you DO have to have the space to build it, even if you put it down and then sell. You can't sell directly from inventory.

DeletedUser

Yes! It's a great way to fulfill the "collect x amount of coins/supplies" quests, just plant a building from your inventory and then immediately sell it. You don't even have to let it finish.
I do this all the time for event quests that ask you to collect coins or supplies. If you do so, be aware of which buildings it is wiser to build. Residential buildings will return you more supplies than coins. Production buildings will return you more coins than supplies. Cultural buildings will vary depending on the building, some will return more coins, others more supplies. Decorations generally return slightly more supplies than coins, but not a huge difference. Keep in mind that premium buildings will return nothing, as you don't get Diamonds back from selling a building.