• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Selling your guildmates Arc goods

Honestly, if a more advanced guild member offers to SELL Arc goods, then it’s probably not a very good guild since they don’t want their younger cities to have an Arc, and aren’t actively trying to help eachother build GBs. Seems exploitive to me. I’ve been in good guilds and I’ve been in not so good guilds. It’s the really good guilds that get really far where they give the goods to you and want you to have an Arc. As it benefits the guild. If you’re trying to sell me Arc goods for a few hundred FP then you’re trying to make a profit off of me and that’s a creepy way to behave towards guildmates if you actually care about the way your guild advances as an entire entity

RazorbackPirate

This could not be more wrong. No player, guild mate or not, owes you anything, least of all for free.

If a guild mate chooses to supply you with Arc goods, or any goods for free, they're doing so out of their own generosity not as some obligation to you.

Keep your grubby hands out of other people's pocket.
You are not entitled to their stuff, just because they have more than you

Last edited by a moderator:

The Lady Redneck

trying to make a profit off of me and that’s a creepy way to behave towards guildmates if you actually care about the way your guild advances as an entire entity
But you think it is OK for you to make the reverse profit out of them? You think THAT is caring for your guild. ? Is that not selfish and self centered?

I have had friends and guildies offer me the goods for a needed GB And quite frankly it embarrassed me. They worked hard for these goods so I have no right at all expecting to profit in such a way from their efforts. Yes I do believe that you should get a better deal within a guild for goods that you would do from outside. As that means the goods and BPs all stay within the guild. What you are suggesting shows scant regard for your guild and the effort they are making to prosper.

Emberguard

If you’re not willing to invest in the goods for the Arc what makes you think you’re prepared to actually own a Arc? Those goods are worth far more then you’ll ever pay for them.

It’s only fair to pay your guild mate for their efforts. If they’re busy supporting everybody else then that’s progress that’s not going into their own city. Why should their city suffer just to supply your city with goods?

Super Catanian

This could not be more wrong. No player, guild mate or not, owes you anything, least of all for free.

If a guild mate chooses to supply you with Arc goods, or any goods for free, they're doing so out of their own generosity not as some obligation to you.

Keep your grubby hands out of other people's pocket.
You are not entitled to their stuff, just because they have more than you

What a reply! The way we deal with Goods selling in my Guild is a lot more different, but still in a way that benefits both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As a guild member or leader, I almost never* charge my guild mates a FP cost for trades. Frequently they will insist on donating to one of my GBs, but as far as I will go is to point out the one I'm working on. They can donate or not, it's up to them and matters not to me. In fact, when one of my CE cities is in a guild, I always offer Traz/CF goods at no FP cost and will accept any goods in return at a 1:1 ratio except BA goods. If I ever advance a city to VF, I will do the same with Arc goods.

My philosophy is that guild members should not expect to get free goods, but they should certainly expect to pay less to a guild mate than to an outsider.

*The exception is if I have to acquire the goods from outside the guild at an FP cost. In that case, I will talk to the guild mate and see what the best course of action is, taking both his situation and mine into account. I have been known to absorb the cost myself when I have an abundance of FP packs.

WinnerGR

If you care about your guild, you want the guild members to have Arcs
Or in lower guilds observatories , that the player donates 75% of the outcome from to the guild treasury.

In my guild they want ( not need {we except any players} )you have to have an observatory and donate 75% or more of its production or have an ark.

Or in lower guilds observatories , that the player donates 75% of the outcome from to the guild treasury.

In my guild they want ( not need {we except any players} )you have to have an observatory and donate 75% or more of its production or have an ark.
Yes, of course, Observatory for younger cities too, but either way you don’t hamper or restrict your guildmates, if you have the goods to spare and can help get them an Arc it’s good for then guild. So unless one is a person who only cares about oneself and doesn’t care about the good of the guild for some reason, it’s in your best interest to help your guildmates obtain an Arc

Super Catanian

If you care about your guild, you want the guild members to have Arcs
And if the Guild (members) don't care about you, why should you bust your ass to provide them with a free Arc?

I, frankly, can't tell if your posts are some designed "elaborate" troll or if you just don't read what you post...
Maybe he has an alter ego, but unlike mine, his has probably never actually played the game.

Emberguard

So unless one is a person who only cares about oneself and doesn’t care about the good of the guild for some reason, it’s in your best interest to help your guildmates obtain an Arc
no one’s denying the guild member help in obtaining goods. They’re not in The Future so paying for the goods is still helping them. There’s no point in one players city growing at the expense of another playrs city stagnating.

A player that can’t afford to pay the cost for goods isn’t able to grow a Arc in the first place. If a player goes straight into a Arc it actually takes longer then if they built up their FP income first and then went into the Arc.