• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Sense there aren't settlement harbor skins for ages after Industrial Age, I've decided to make design concepts of it for ages from TE to SAV.

Do you like my idea, and want to see it included in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Xelish

Idea: It will add skins for the settlement harbor for the later ages

Reason: The old Industrial Age harbor looks very ugly with the more futuristic age, it simply doesn't make sense that out of all things in your city, the settlement harbor stays stuck in the past...

Details: It will make the Settlement Harbor's design change based on what Era you're in between the Tomorrow Era all the way to Space Age: Venus to better fit the look of the age.

Visual Aids: Here is where I will show my fanmade harbor design concepts...
Untitled51_20210416153743.png
Untitled96_20210519201211.png
Untitled59_20210427001237.png
Untitled121_20210519222118.png
Untitled53_20210416153649.png
Untitled83_20210504022400.png
Untitled122_20210520212500.png
Untitled124_20210522174349.png

Balance: This won't require any adjustments to the core game, as it is just adding a skin onto the settlement harbor when your city reaches a certain age.

Abuse Prevention: This doesn't open up to any potential cheats or exploits of the game

Summary: So this is a pretty simple idea, it's just adding a skin on the settlement harbor! And if you like this idea enough to put it in the game, then I will be more than happy to also design the occupying taverns for them too! I just only did the Settlement Harbor, because just in case it doesn't get approved, I won't have wasted as much time as if I made occupying taverns for them as well!

Attachments

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Artwork looks nice, but let's be realistic. If Inno would have wanted the harbour to look different in later ages they would have done so. They have their own art department for this. Having a futuristic harbour with an old ship does not make sense either.

WinnerGR

Artwork is very good and I do like the thought behind this but I just feel it just wouldn't work - draw those again with settlemnt boats in them and it would look very weird; you would have to change the boats and that is somthing that would not make any sense athoulgh. Furthemore Inno has said that it doesn't want to add futuritic settlemnts so thats not an option either (as in making Egypt,Japan and Vkin...... NO actually typing that I just realise that is an absoloutly TERRIBLE thing to do. INNO NEVER DO THAT.

Yeah - sorry I not for this.

Xelish

Artwork looks nice, but let's be realistic. If Inno would have wanted the harbour to look different in later ages they would have done so. They have their own art department for this. Having a futuristic harbour with an old ship does not make sense either.
Ship's wouldn't change too much with different ages. Just would have to make like 2 different skins for it.

Xelish

Artwork is very good and I do like the thought behind this but I just feel it just wouldn't work - draw those again with settlemnt boats in them and it would look very weird; you would have to change the boats and that is somthing that would not make any sense athoulgh. Furthemore Inno has said that it doesn't want to add futuritic settlemnts so thats not an option either (as in making Egypt,Japan and Vkin...... NO actually typing that I just realise that is an absoloutly TERRIBLE thing to do. INNO NEVER DO THAT.

Yeah - sorry I not for this.
You can still do the settlements when you're in the highest age, so changing the skin on the settlement harbor wouldn't be a drastic change. And they can always change how the ship looks, and none of this would change the settlements; it's just a skin on the harbor.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Well, the current ships wouldn't look that out of place with the futuristic harbor.
If they don't, why do you feel the harbour needs to be futuristic? It does not look that out of place either. It fits with the ships.

Then just keep the boats the same. You have ancient event buildings in SAAB and it doesn't feel too out of place
If ancient buildings in SAAB do not feel out of place, why does the harbour?

Xelish

If they don't, why do you feel the harbour needs to be futuristic? It does not look that out of place either. It fits with the ships.

If ancient buildings in SAAB do not feel out of place, why does the harbour?
Because the harbor updates with every age then randomly stops at Industrial, theres no reason to cut it short, and there used to be a Future+ tavern anyway.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Because the harbor updates with every age then randomly stops at Industrial, theres no reason to cut it short, and there used to be a Future+ tavern anyway.
Reason to cut it short is the ship will not match anymore.

You are using some strange reasoning. Some ancient buildings are just fine, just not the harbour.

Xelish

Reason to cut it short is the ship will not match anymore.

You are using some strange reasoning. Some ancient buildings are just fine, just not the harbour.
The ship doesn't really need to change with age, as it doesn't change from Iron Age to Industrial, even though 1800s ships looked completely different from 500 BC ships. And it's the ship from the settlement's side, which needs your city's help because they don't have the technology, which makes the ship looking old make sense.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
The ship doesn't really need to change with age, as it doesn't change from Iron Age to Industrial, even though 1800s ships looked completely different from 500 BC ships. And it's the ship from the settlement's side, which needs your city's help because they don't have the technology, which makes the ship looking old make sense.
So a Viking ship needs the help of a Space Age Venus city and harbour.

Harbour not going up in age does not make sense to you, but your arguments do?

SpaceMinmi

Idea: It will add skins for the settlement harbor for the later ages

Reason: The old Industrial Age harbor looks very ugly with the more futuristic age, it simply doesn't make sense that out of all things in your city, the settlement harbor stays stuck in the past...

Details: It will make the Settlement Harbor's design change based on what Era you're in between the Tomorrow Era all the way to Space Age: Venus to better fit the look of the age.

Visual Aids: Here is where I will show my fanmade harbor design concepts...

Balance: This won't require any adjustments to the core game, as it is just adding a skin onto the settlement harbor when your city reaches a certain age.

Abuse Prevention: This doesn't open up to any potential cheats or exploits of the game

Summary: So this is a pretty simple idea, it's just adding a skin on the settlement harbor! And if you like this idea enough to put it in the game, then I will be more than happy to also design the occupying taverns for them too! I just only did the Settlement Harbor, because just in case it doesn't get approved, I won't have wasted as much time as if I made occupying taverns for them as well!
COOL! I LIKE THEM! Good job!

Xelish

So a Viking ship needs the help of a Space Age Venus city and harbour.

Harbour not going up in age does not make sense to you, but your arguments do?
Yes. because you do realize that in SAV it is still asking for help from an advanced civilization. It makes even less sense that in SAV, the settlement harbor is stuck 1000 years in the past, while you have a huge space carrier in your city going to different planets, but somehow can't update your trading harbor? You make no sense tbh, and more people want it in the game than not, so clearly it's just you that sees a problem with this idea... The harbor being updated doesn't change the fact that Vikings ship will be interacting with a society that is very advanced. It makes even less sense that a harbor is stuck in the past.