• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Seriously how useless is the beta server?

Sharmon the Impaler

So not only am I an "acceptable loss", I'm now a "fool"? Nice. That is the post of someone who can never admit to being wrong, or even mistaken. You must be such a pleasure at parties.
Remember that there are men that think they are women and women that think they are men now , people who argue that the earth is flat and my favorite , we are all going to die because of climate change. You are argueing with the human equivalent of a plant , let it go.

Pericles the Lion

So not only am I an "acceptable loss", I'm now a "fool"? Nice. That is the post of someone who can never admit to being wrong, or even mistaken. You must be such a pleasure at parties.
Yes, but for a different reason. You often express very strong opinions (strong enough to where you seem comfortable ridiculing another's opinion) despite having very little, or zero, first hand experience in the subject matter. Case on point, you do not have a FOE Discord account so you have no first hand information regarding player traffic on that platform (yet you ridicule my position). So, yes, I think that is foolish behavior. Not that you ridicule me (I could not care less) but that you do it so cavalierly without even bothering to do any homework. It's not just foolish, it's lazy foolish.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Yes, but for a different reason. You often express very strong opinions (strong enough to where you seem comfortable ridiculing another's opinion) despite having very little, or zero, first hand experience in the subject matter. Case on point, you do not have a FOE Discord account so you have no first hand information regarding player traffic on that platform (yet you ridicule my position). So, yes, I think that is foolish behavior. Not that you ridicule me (I could not care less) but that you do it so cavalierly without even bothering to do any homework. It's not just foolish, it's lazy foolish.
Um, I had a Discord account long enough to see the "quality" of discussion there. Similar to global chat. And you're still acting like your bogus numbers are relevant, despite the fact that Discord doesn't differentiate as to which server a person is actually accessing there. The main reason why players are even aware that FoE Discord exists is because Inno has been linking every single in-game announcement to it instead of the Forum. Not to mention that very reliable players are also disputing (different from ridiculing) your position. And then there's the fact that you referred to me as an acceptable loss and as a fool (in two posts now), not the other way around.

Pericles the Lion

Um, I had a Discord account long enough to see the "quality" of discussion there. Similar to global chat. And you're still acting like your bogus numbers are relevant, despite the fact that Discord doesn't differentiate as to which server a person is actually accessing there. The main reason why players are even aware that FoE Discord exists is because Inno has been linking every single in-game announcement to it instead of the Forum. Not to mention that very reliable players are also disputing (different from ridiculing) your position. And then there's the fact that you referred to me as an acceptable loss and as a fool (in two posts now), not the other way around.
You had a FOE Discord account for what, two days? Back in December? How is that relevant to a discussion regarding current traffic on the Discord platform? Answer, it's not.

jaymoney23456

The move to Discord was to stop having the handful of players here who constantly make negative comments about the game from influencing everyone else.

If I ran the game. I would have just booted all you naysayers from the Forum on a permanent ban; And it would have a rule no new players can post for one full year except in a special area for "questions from newbies". (with violations of the rules being bans in the real game area)
That is a moronic comment. Anyone can post positive or negative posts on the forum or discord. Also, silencing those that criticize aspects of the game will not make anyone like the game any better. Will just irritate more players.

jaymoney23456

"Seriously how useless is the beta server?"
For me the Beta server is very useful. Since it lets me know what is coming to the main servers soon.
Beyond that. Who cares? LoL
Except now the events etc. are changed significantly from how they were on Beta whereas it used to be the case that there was very minor changes. Also, it seems Inno rarely listens to player feedback from content released on Beta.

Johnny B. Goode

Why do you persist on referring to them as "my numbers"? They are Discord's numbers.

View attachment 21765
Because you're trying to make them mean something other than what they do in reality. As @Emberguard pointed out, and you keep ignoring, those numbers do not reflect how many members are accessing the FoE Discord channel, they reflect how many players are simply on some Discord channel. Meaning that in the sense that you're trying to use them they are meaningless. Therefore, they are "your numbers".

Pericles the Lion

Hey @Emberguard. I appreciate your explanation of Discord's member numbers and I have a simple "yes" or "no" question for you in response. Below are the numbers displayed on FOE Discord a moment ago. In your opinion, is it possible that all 3,601 members shown were online in the FOE Discord at the time?

1720701363076.png

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Hey @Emberguard. I appreciate your explanation of Discord's member numbers and I have a simple "yes" or "no" question for you in response. Below are the numbers displayed on FOE Discord a moment ago. In your opinion, is it possible that all 3,601 members shown were online in the FOE Discord at the time?

View attachment 21766
"a moment ago"?!? IF that's a true statement, how did you also post it 3 1/2 hours earlier? Exact same numbers. If those numbers didn't change in 3 1/2 hours, then it's another sign that they're meaningless. I would bet that most of the players that are showing online in Discord actually aren't on FoE Discord specifically, and many of those that technically are really only have it open continually on a separate tab while in reality they're playing the game and not actively on Discord. The fact that you're clinging so hard to these numbers is also another reason I refer to them as "your numbers".

Emberguard

In your opinion, is it possible that all 3,601 members shown were online in the FOE Discord at the time?

Specifically out of the ones that have set their accounts to appear as online? Not a chance. I know several who have confirmed in the past they don't currently have the server open during a voice chat but I could see them appearing as online in the list.

I've also tested the functionality by creating a second account and using a private server to see whether it'd register as active without opening the server. It did.

Of course a lot of people set their accounts to inactive. But we don't know how many of those fall under either category. The amount currently active at best tells you 3.6k accounts are active discord accounts, but there's no way of knowing if they're active members unless they post. The real number viewing the server could be much higher or it could be much lower.

Another thing that obscures the numbers is server embeds. People are embedding the announcements elsewhere so they don't have to log onto the official server. Ubers channel has somewhere above 5,000 members and about 500 show as online. They're getting the announcements even if they never join the official server.

Also, that active member count would represent 26 servers worth of players. 3,601 / 26 = 138.5 players on average per game/forum server. If we take the largest possible number of 72,732, then the average per forum server would be 2,797 players per forum.

So that gives a theoretical range between 138.5 and 2,797 per server. Obviously that higher end is impossible as there's not going to be a 100% viewer rate.

The forums currently show as having 750 players viewing the US forums

1720702926022.png
  • AR5
    ZZ95
    BR53
    CZ173
    DENot enabled statistics
    DK10
    EN752
    ES117
    FI3
    FRNot enabled statistics
    GR3
    HU62
    IT58
    JPDoesn't exist
    MX5
    NL97
    NO3
    PLNot enabled statistics
    PT96
    RO7
    RU15
    SE21
    SK13
    TH3
    TR94
    US750
    Total2,435 (+unknown number on 3 forums)
    Averages out to about 93-110 players per server.

The only real indicator you're going to have right now is active participation in the form of posts over a reasonable timeframe. Even that is going to be difficult to give a fair comparison to both sides due to one feature being isolated to the US server and the other feature being actively advertised to 26 servers even if you only look at the English channels