• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Seriously! Stop! Plundering!

Iroh the Tea Maker

It is just so unpleasant. I don't wanna see losing what I had been waiting for after long days of work. I am ready to delete my city if this is not stopped.

INNO should at least give players a few options.
INNO wants to make money. Sure! Provide an option, say 40 diamonds for NO Plundering worlds! 100 diamonds STOP Others Plundering for a Month!

I don't get mad at being plundered all the time, but I DO on tough days. To me game is where I try to forget or recover from real life shxt.

It sounds like I care about losing building fruits. Someone may say collect as soon as it is finished. Well not everybody have the same luxury to pick up a phone anytime they want to! This isn't a solution and it isn't even fair to expect people to do so. Trust me, I would fire anybody if someone does this during a meeting!

Am I just an complaining adult? Maybe I am. But this plundering thing drives me away. Makes me so tired.

What buildings of yours get plundered?

If the game doesn't change (w.r.t PvP it might not) , and your strategy isn't gonna change then only thing that can change is you play a different game that relaxes you.

Lot of experienced players camp in IA. So it's normal to get plundered. Set up for longer productions (8/24 hours). Set up a good defensive army. Just align production times so that you can collect on time on most days.

I work too, but I time my collections (4+8+8) to get the most out of my buildings.

Of course I have lost valuable stuff even doing all this. But it's mostly imaginary stuff produced by an imaginary building. And my imaginary building is left intact to produce more imaginary stuff. All that I lost is... a few seconds and clicks.

Take it like a game of chess., here. Lost your pawn, whatcha gonna do?

Alpha Persei

I think I may say goodbye to Houndsmoor.
ohh, for a second i though you were in my world because i had just finish plundering someone and then i saw your comment ....

but yeah , just take the advice they're giving you and it will help you out :D

CDmark

I don't think you have a L80 Arc but I snipe anyone attempting. I like to take P2 bcs if you take P1, they can hold your FPs hostage. Take P2, then they have someone else's FPs locked up, many times a guildmate so they will have to level. If they make the mistake of leaving 1 FP left to double dip, like AO or Inno tower, any GB giving FPs especially high level, level it, they will lose FPs and it cost you 1 FP. I always send a message too, "Figured since you plunder for FPs, you may need some so I added 1 to your XX GB, hope it helps". Also, see if they are on a schedule, look at the times, then shift your collection schedule, if you can. You can have 2 collection schedules, one for the buildings that can be plundered, and the motivated buildings, can't be plundered, can be done at anytime. Be careful with your Winter train, low priority to motivate, collect then use an aid right away (next event building will be the same, low priority). One who plunders all the time will break your city almost all the time. So, putting up buildings to add attack/defense to city defense, will take away from your city producing FPs, not good, you will progress much slower. Much of what I mentioned is to protect FPs. Goods buildings on 8 hr schedules, maybe go 24 hr.

qaccy

@CDmark Sniping with the Arc is the modern way to plunder. A single building collection every day that I have to fight to get and then hope it's available, versus a GB that's constantly accessible and can not only make me a tidy profit, will also cost them additional FP to finish the level? Basically a no-brainer. Great way to get back at regular plunderers as they often don't manage their GBs as well as their attack schedule, nor realize that people sniping their GBs are coming out way ahead of them even without having to attack them!

Alpha Persei

It is just so unpleasant. I don't wanna see losing what I had been waiting for after long days of work. I am ready to delete my city if this is not stopped.

INNO wants to make money. Sure! Provide an option, say 40 diamonds for NO Plundering worlds! 100 diamonds STOP Others Plundering for a Month!

I don't get mad at being plundered all the time, but I DO on tough days. To me game is where I try to forget or recover from real life shxt.

It sounds like I care about losing building fruits. Someone may say collect as soon as it is finished. Well not everybody have the same luxury to pick up a phone anytime they want to! This isn't a solution and it isn't even fair to expect people to do so. Trust me, I would fire anybody if someone does this during a meeting!

Am I just an complaining adult? Maybe I am. But this plundering thing drives me away. Makes me so tired.
don't worry a few other may understand

emmagirl2

Get a city sheild

OutlawDon

I don't think you have a L80 Arc but I snipe anyone attempting. I like to take P2 bcs if you take P1, they can hold your FPs hostage. Take P2, then they have someone else's FPs locked up, many times a guildmate so they will have to level. If they make the mistake of leaving 1 FP left to double dip, like AO or Inno tower, any GB giving FPs especially high level, level it, they will lose FPs and it cost you 1 FP. I always send a message too, "Figured since you plunder for FPs, you may need some so I added 1 to your XX GB, hope it helps". Also, see if they are on a schedule, look at the times, then shift your collection schedule, if you can. You can have 2 collection schedules, one for the buildings that can be plundered, and the motivated buildings, can't be plundered, can be done at anytime. Be careful with your Winter train, low priority to motivate, collect then use an aid right away (next event building will be the same, low priority). One who plunders all the time will break your city almost all the time. So, putting up buildings to add attack/defense to city defense, will take away from your city producing FPs, not good, you will progress much slower. Much of what I mentioned is to protect FPs. Goods buildings on 8 hr schedules, maybe go 24 hr.
Thanks for the tip on Winter Train. I hadn't realized why mine had been a target for plunderers. I had used the idea of threatening plunderers' GBs by putting one or two FPs on as a warning that I am watching for the leveling moment.

Here's the dirty little secret with most online games. 99% of online gamers play almost the exact same strategy. You are not really playing the game, the game plays you. You are either forced into the same strategy everyone else plays or you pay to get ahead of the masses. You have to be that 1% that looks for a loophole, basically a different strategy that confuses and makes no sense to the masses. This is why FOE will NEVER allow players to swap blue prints because it will be exploited big time. Everyone will have an ARC. Look at how donating FP's to GB's has been exploited by people selling goods to others for FP donations. FOE is losing money big from players selling goods but nothing they can do about it now because this was an exploit the game designers never anticipated.

So what does this have to do with getting plundered. If you want to stop being plundered then you must step away from the masses and try exploiting the game. Most looters go after goods buildings. Goods buildings can not be motivated to prevent plundering like supply and coin buildings. So the trick is to get your goods without actually having any goods buildings. This strategy is called heavy questing, google it. It may sound confusing or difficult to use at first so practice on other servers first. Then once you get good at it, you will never be plundered and you will never go back to traditional. But if your goal is to build a pretty little city with a bunch of decorations and pretty trees and flowers, Delete your city and go play Farmville. FOE is not for you.

Nicholas002

Here's the dirty little secret with most online games. 99% of online gamers play almost the exact same strategy. You are not really playing the game, the game plays you. You are either forced into the same strategy everyone else plays or you pay to get ahead of the masses. You have to be that 1% that looks for a loophole, basically a different strategy that confuses and makes no sense to the masses. This is why FOE will NEVER allow players to swap blue prints because it will be exploited big time. Everyone will have an ARC. Look at how donating FP's to GB's has been exploited by people selling goods to others for FP donations. FOE is losing money big from players selling goods but nothing they can do about it now because this was an exploit the game designers never anticipated.

So what does this have to do with getting plundered. If you want to stop being plundered then you must step away from the masses and try exploiting the game. Most looters go after goods buildings. Goods buildings can not be motivated to prevent plundering like supply and coin buildings. So the trick is to get your goods without actually having any goods buildings. This strategy is called heavy questing, google it. It may sound confusing or difficult to use at first so practice on other servers first. Then once you get good at it, you will never be plundered and you will never go back to traditional. But if your goal is to build a pretty little city with a bunch of decorations and pretty trees and flowers, Delete your city and go play Farmville. FOE is not for you.

I would argue that A LOT more than 1% of FoE players employ at least some elements of HQS into their strategy.
Back in 2016, when Cosmic Raven was developing HQS, it may have been a fringe playstyle, but now, 4 years later it is fairly mainstream. (of course now with the ease of getting to arc80 makes it a lot easier)

Aggressor

Being plundered can be taken 2 ways.
1: What you are doing, which is, yes, complaining. Blaming the problem on the plunderers and getting upset.
2: Learn from it.
-Dedicate an army to defense. It might no be enough to stop everyone, but some players will see that you have a full army and decide that it isn't worth them losing troops to plunder you.
-Do what the others said and change your goods production times to fit when you will next be on.
-I wouldn't be too upset if a residential building or a supply building was plundered (unless you produced the supplies for 1 day). Goods buildings and special buildings are the big targets, at least for me.
-Look at it from my perspective as the plunderer. I feel like I deserve to plunder everybody I plunder, because I was good enough to beat them. I am not good enough to beat everyone, but if I can beat you I deserve to plunder you, it's not cheating or unfair; I can beat you, I can plunder you.
-Change your entire gameplan. Aging fast will only make your plundering problem worse than it already is. Stay in an age until you are the one plundering. Get more great buildings to boost your rankings. Alcatraz is great for a city defense because it produces unatatched units, and it is better for you to have unatattched units defending your city, so that if you ever delete a military building you don't lose defensive troops. St. Basil's Cathedral and Deal Castle can help your situation, or you can decide that the best defense is a good offense and build GBs like Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen and Castle del Monte.

Being plundered can be an awakening to issues in how you are playing your game, and fixing them will be well worth it. I am never plundered anymore, and I don't remember the last time my city defense was beaten, even though a few months ago being plundered was usual for me. Keep at it, this game takes a lot of time and wrong choices to get better :)

I would argue that A LOT more than 1% of FoE players employ at least some elements of HQS into their strategy.
Back in 2016, when Cosmic Raven was developing HQS, it may have been a fringe playstyle, but now, 4 years later it is fairly mainstream. (of course now with the ease of getting to arc80 makes it a lot easier)

Most players do use some sort of questing strategy, this is a traditional strategy. A true Cosmic Raven HQS will have no goods buildings. I searched many cities in Birka and could not find a single player using CR's HQS with the exception of myself. I would argue those actually using CR's HQS, at least on Birka are very rare.

Last edited:

Agent327

Most players do use some sort of questing strategy, this is a traditional strategy. A true Cosmic Raven HQS will have no goods buildings. I searched many cities in Birka and could not find a single city with no goods buildings with the exception of my own. I would argue those actually using CR's HQS, at least on Birka are rare.

I wonder in what era you were searching. Cosmic Ravens HQS is outdated. With all current special buildings you do not need good buildings at all. Last two era's the goods buildings can not even be plundered, cause they are on a colony.

I wonder in what era you were searching. Cosmic Ravens HQS is outdated. With all current special buildings you do not need good buildings at all. Last two era's the goods buildings can not even be plundered, cause they are on a colony.
My city on Birka was a trial run of CR's HQS. I started in mid December, played for about 3 months using CR's HQS and deleted the city. My civilization excelled at rocket speed like no other in the past. Although my defense lost battles from players who been playing longer, I was never plundered once. My original response was to give OP an alternative strategy to the traditional strategy most other non aggressive players use to keep from getting plundered (ie: reward aggressors with FP, buy shields). I am quite sure the OP is far from reaching the last two era's and needs help now. I would also suggest OP check daily for a new server. I prefer to start a new game on a new server to get an even start with the aggressors. So tell me Agent 327, when does the new server start? I been patiently waiting since December to compete with traditional aggressive players who spend thousands of dollars to beat down of the masses.

With all current special buildings you do not need good buildings at all.
In all honesty, Only special buildings worth the footprint are ones that produce FP's like winter trains and SOK. The rest are not worth wasting good territory. Unless players have a boatload of money to spend on events, you wont get enough of these really good special buildings to keep up with the demand. Nothing like having over 100 motivated alchemist churning out 50 quest per day of coins, goods, forge points, medals, 180k supply and even some diamonds.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

My city on Birka was a trial run of CR's HQS. I started in mid December, played for about 3 months using CR's HQS and deleted the city. My civilization excelled at rocket speed like no other in the past. Although my defense lost battles from players who been playing longer, I was never plundered once. My original response was to give OP an alternative strategy to the traditional strategy most other non aggressive players use to keep from getting plundered (ie: reward aggressors with FP, buy shields). I am quite sure the OP is far from reaching the last two era's and needs help now. I would also suggest OP check daily for a new server. I prefer to start a new game on a new server to get an even start with the aggressors. So tell me Agent 327, when does the new server start? I been patiently waiting since December to compete with traditional aggressive players who spend thousands of dollars to stay ahead of the masses.

In all honesty, the output on many of those special buildings is terrible compared to rewards from questing and the large footprint make them virtually worthless. Some of them were pretty nice like winter trains, ect. But unless players have a boatload of money to spend on events, you wont get enough of these really good special buildings to keep up with the demand for goods. Nothing like having over 100 alchemist churning out 50 quest per day of coins, goods, forge points, medals, 180k supply and even some diamonds.
i have spent $20 on diamonds only....
that was for expansions..
anyway my city makes 200+fp per day, that's probably more then you doing 50 quests per day. ALSO its quicker.
180k supply?=HC
i make 2M + coins per day
probably around 400K supplies per day.
Medals? ARC.
Goods? downtrading, special buildings in my city. i do UBQs occasionally, but don't need to.

Agent327

So tell me Agent 327, when does the new server start? I been patiently waiting since December to compete with traditional aggressive players who spend thousands of dollars to beat down of the masses.

Don't know. It is not info that we have access to. Usually a new server starts when all others are "full". However, since the last one started world wide as a celebration, the next one migh take longer.

In all honesty, Only special buildings worth the footprint are ones that produce FP's like winter trains and SOK. The rest are not worth wasting good territory. Unless players have a boatload of money to spend on events, you wont get enough of these really good special buildings to keep up with the demand. Nothing like having over 100 motivated alchemist churning out 50 quest per day of coins, goods, forge points, medals, 180k supply and even some diamonds.

Every event main prize can be gathered at least once without using diamonds.

Crow's Nest 40% chance at 50 goods, or 12 fp
Airship 9 fp 20 goods
Olympic Treasury 8 fp 25 goods

Do I need to go on?

HQS is totally outdated. Nice for campers, but useless to players that actually play the game.

i have spent $20 on diamonds only....
that was for expansions..
anyway my city makes 200+fp per day, that's probably more then you doing 50 quests per day. ALSO its quicker.
180k supply?=HC
i make 2M + coins per day
probably around 400K supplies per day.
Medals? ARC.
Goods? downtrading, special buildings in my city. i do UBQs occasionally, but don't need to.
So you have accomplished this in 3 months? I think not.

In 3 months of using HQS I only used diamonds for expansions up to HMA
I produced 70+ fps a day not including fps packs from questing
400 fp in packs in reserve
70+ goods a day without any goods buildings
180k supplies not including boost from LOA
Medals from questing
No military buildings needed
No need to spend coins to build troops, goods or do UBQ
BPs for ARC and CF, working on goods
HS provided all required happiness, no other happiness buildings needed.
Never go plundered.

How many times you get plundered, guess quite a bit.

Don't know. It is not info that we have access to. Usually a new server starts when all others are "full". However, since the last one started world wide as a celebration, the next one migh take longer.

Every event main prize can be gathered at least once without using diamonds.

Crow's Nest 40% chance at 50 goods, or 12 fp
Airship 9 fp 20 goods
Olympic Treasury 8 fp 25 goods

Do I need to go on?

HQS is totally outdated. Nice for campers, but useless to players that actually play the game.

I did get the Olympic Treasury, as stated a few special buildings are good to build. Its still not enough goods unless you spend money to get more event buildings. Many players dont have the money to spend on events.

All techs completed in HMA in 3 months is not exactly camping.

Correction: useless to payers that actually pay the game. I prefer not to pay the game.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

So you have accomplished this in 3 months? I think not.

In 3 months of using HQS I only used diamonds for expansions up to HMA
I produced 70+ fps a day not including fps packs from questing
400 fp in packs in reserve
70+ goods a day without any goods buildings
180k supplies not including boost from LOA
Medals from questing
No military buildings needed
No need to spend coins to build troops, goods or do UBQ
BPs for ARC and CF, working on goods
HS provided all required happiness, no other happiness buildings needed.
Never go plundered.

How many times you get plundered, guess quite a bit.
I get plundered very little