• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Seriously! Stop! Plundering!

mamboking053

Again, please provide where Cosmic Raven says to stay in any era forever, otherwise please do not provide false information on something you lack knowledge in.

Camping isn't about staying forever, just more than "typical", though that is a bit subjective to some degree. It's certainly not wrong to camp, it's just that other people tend to not like it and some others consider their opinions to be Inno's intent or "the right way".

I used Cosmic Raven's strategy almost two years ago when I first started the game and it was outdated then. This game changes often based on new things that come out. It's probably best for someone who is very new and just started their village as they don't have access to many of the event buildings that change the way you can approach that strategy. But at some point you will find yourself- for more than one reason- having to deviate from the guide.

Last edited:

Distant Calliope

Paying for city shields? ok, maybe once. But, come on its silly. If you're that determined, because of whatever reason... just scuttle the ship for a night. But, really who cares. You are far to focused and upset for something so minor. Build your cities, make friends and have fun. Please

Plain Red Justice

You can plunder FP packs? Now THAT sounds worth it. Whenever I plunder, the FPs go into my FP bar.
Please share how you plunder inventory FPs.
I came from the future FOE 2025 where the optimal strat is to camp 1.9 threads so your FPs could stay safe from the rampant inventory plundering (and scream whenever your investee leveled his Arc 85 while you're asleep and you got your 3k FP plundered by someone with a CdM 20). Be careful lads from the past, stay safe and may the city defense AI bless you

Nicholas002

I came from the future FOE 2025 where the optimal strat is to camp 1.9 threads so your FPs could stay safe from the rampant inventory plundering (and scream whenever your investee leveled his Arc 85 while you're asleep and you got your 3k FP plundered by someone with a CdM 20). Be careful lads from the past, stay safe and may the city defense AI bless you
Lol. that is called sniping, not plundering.

Oh, and also, if you are not already 1.9 thread camping, you need to find a better guild. that strategy is from the present, my friend.

CherryButterfly

Jeez, Louise. Yes, that is exactly what it is, a grown adult complaining over one thing, at least, that there are MANY ways to avoid. Even a monkey with a laptop could search this forum for and find ways to NOT be plundered and come up with a few good ideas faster than those who come to the forum to AGAIN complain they are being plundered. If you find it that painful and harsh to lose 5 or 10 jars of honey or copper bars, or lumber or bricks or WHATEVER, then by all means, QUIT and find a game that doesn't make you so unhappy. It is part of the game, it is not going anywhere, no matter how many whiny wendies come here and complain about it. get over it, or go somewhere else. Nobody cares, or will miss you. Get over it. Time your goods production with any of the MANY OPTIONS you have, from 5 minutes to 2 days to pickup, and get there close to pickup time. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND???????? Or, and I can't believe I am going to waste my poor typing fingers, you can BUILD UP YOUR DEFENSIVE ARMY, BUY CITY SHIELD IN YOUR TAVERN, or WORK ON BUILDING UP YOUR ARMY'S DEFENSE PERCENTAGES, among other ideas you could find with one search.

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT DOING ANY OR ALL OF THOSE????????????????????

PLUNDERING IS NOT GOING AWAY. DEAL WITH IT.

Sorry, but, are you kidding me? Does anyone here think if one more doofus comes on here and complains someone STOLE their sack of bricks, INNO will FINALLY decide to do away with plundering????????????

They will not. If I was in your "world," I would plunder you right now, just for funsies.

Stay safe, and have a nice day

Emberguard

Pretty much. It's just unrealistic to expect to never lose in a game of war. You're going to come up across stronger opponents. You're going to either get plundered, place counter measures to reduce plundering or only place plunder-immune buildings / motivatable buildings (and be prepared to get a reduced production from it)

DeletedUser36572

With respect, that's more of a "good avoidance strategy" than a "good defensive strategy".

I've always wondered why Inno would put forth the time and effort to create a facet of the game- defending your City via a defensive Army- and so atrociously implement it.

Of course I never suggested it was the best defense against attack ... I specifically posted it was “the best defense (against plundering)” ... And avoiding being plundered would most certainly satisfy that.

You can do it without compromising what your city can produce ... You just have to be smart enough not to beat your head against a wall trying to accomplish what you cannot ... And then blaming the game or Inno for your foolishness.

Read It

Emberguard

You can do it without compromising what your city can produce ... You just have to be smart enough not to beat your head against a wall trying to accomplish what you cannot
Yeah. Just depends on what you wish to achieve. If you don't want to get plundered but are prepared for the possibility of getting plundered if something doesn't go to plan then you have greater options available then if your goal is to not let plundering be an option at all.

Because if you don't want it to be an option at all you wouldn't use things like goods buildings, sunken treasure and sleigh builders to increase your goods production in your main city production.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Yeah. Just depends on what you wish to achieve. If you don't want to get plundered but are prepared for the possibility of getting plundered if something doesn't go to plan then you have greater options available then if your goal is to not let plundering be an option at all

So true, but after a while being plundered is so insignificant to a city’s overall State of well-being ... It’s little more than something to laugh about in passing. You almost want to say, “Good for you, you earned it”.

Who Moved The Cheese

DeletedUser31499

Imagine no more plundering
It’s easy if you try
No purloined goods... only earned
Imagine all the players
Playing foe this way

You might say I’m a screamer
You might say I’m not all there
But until you stop the plundering
I’ll be coming for yours too

Farfle the smelly

Ok, there are options to stop plundering, it‘s just requires setting up. Primary option: Aiding. Anything motivated can’t be plundered

The biggest weakness in your city to begin with will be your goods buildings from the techtree building menu. Because they can’t be motivated.

So what you can do until you get motivatable events that can replace goods buildings is just build as many goods buildings as you can. Plunderers can only take one thing per plunderer per successful attack. Work on your city layout to squeeze as many buildings in as possible. Put goods either on two lots of 8 hr productions or on a 24 hr production when you know you’ll pick it up on time.

Defence army: do you have units assigned as blue?
Thank you! I’m a newbie too (still a baby in Iron) and had no idea that motivated items were plunder free. Sah-weeeet.

To OP: dude, if you’re going to be bent out of shape, this might not be the game for you. BUT, if it’s super important to you, I highly recommend YouTubing some FoE gamers out there. Liliana The Magnificent goes into great detail about how to protect yourself, and even how to set up your defense. Good luck, bud.

Count Scorpius

To the OP....invest in cry towels and prepare to be plundered. It's part of the game, get over it because it happens to everyone. On a side note: Gawd I hope you are one of my neighbors at some point because I will plunder you daily for two straight weeks. Nothing is better than getting PM's in game of people whining and crying over FP and items that I've taken! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Agent327

To the OP....invest in cry towels and prepare to be plundered. It's part of the game, get over it because it happens to everyone. On a side note: Gawd I hope you are one of my neighbors at some point because I will plunder you daily for two straight weeks. Nothing is better than getting PM's in game of people whining and crying over FP and items that I've taken! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

OP started the thread on june 8 and was last seen june 10. Somehow I think your tough words will not reach him.

I used Cosmic Raven's strategy almost two years ago when I first started the game and it was outdated then. This game changes often based on new things that come out. It's probably best for someone who is very new and just started their village as they don't have access to many of the event buildings that change the way you can approach that strategy. But at some point you will find yourself- for more than one reason- having to deviate from the guide.

Exactly, the game has evolved and CR may not be relevent later in the game. I found using HQS early made a significant difference vs conventional. I feel Dulahans approach may be a better option to CR. Looking forward to a new server.

Plain Red Justice

Somehow I think investing in a Truce Tower tomorrow online and using it for your friends to motivate and polish them would better help them forget the painful experience of getting plundered.

Dominator - X

-Collect on time! : No applicable to adults' world where work takes higher priority.
-at least HAVE a Defending Army. : I have read about having %200+ defense boost but still get picked and beaten. And when I revenged once (I attack back but never plundered) I defeated 60% boost with my 20% boost army. INNO is foxy in the battling system.
-Have a good friends list, so stuff gets motivated, which prevents it from being plundered. : Not all buildings can be motivated, even some special residence buildings.

For some people, getting back online on clock is impossible. I know it's hard to understand this when still going to school.
After reading your main gripe and now your "defense" of the gripe, maybe it is best you delete your city and find a game or hobby more suited for your schedule. Reason being, you are trying to change a game to fit your needs and schedule, while many of us have figured out how to make the game fit our schedule, and or how to avoid being plundered. If the advice given doesn't work for you, there is no hope and no reason to keep playing and complaining. We all had to go through the learning pains. You, however, seem unwilling or unable to adjust.
Hope this helps.

DeletedUser40061

even though i too am not too keen on being victim of plundering, but once you fulfill that last threshold and unlock tactics in tech tree, youve just unleashed a whole can of whoop arse..i think everyone has a need to move forward in ages and not linger too long in EMA. me on the otherhand has 4 sanctuary cities that are stuck in time warp and have no plans in advancing ages. plundering is just a part of the game. there isnt anything you can do about it and just call a truce or fight it out

Farfle the smelly

Yeah. Just depends on what you wish to achieve. If you don't want to get plundered but are prepared for the possibility of getting plundered if something doesn't go to plan then you have greater options available then if your goal is to not let plundering be an option at all.

Because if you don't want it to be an option at all you wouldn't use things like goods buildings, sunken treasure and sleigh builders to increase your goods production in your main city production.
I finally got plundered! I’ve made it guys. I’m in the big leagues. And lemme tell you, it was HILARIOUS.

So I had already had my defending army set up with normal Iron and a couple of rogues. Totally though I would be fine. But I had forgotten that I also won a color guard the day before and didn’t delete it. I didn’t realize that the rogues will go to the lowest common denominator of ALL units. So imagine my surprise when I see (I’m laughing as I type this), my big bad rogues turn into COLOR GUARDS, of all things, and thwack-thwack the attacking army over the head. It was sooo funny.

I wish I knew how to share the video on the forum as I think you’d get a kick out of it.

My secondary point is that plundering can also be entertaining. And insightful. I immediately went to my townhall and saw a number of un-mopoed folks, so it was totally my bad I got ripped off. <—- and THAT is the attitude you should have when you’re plundered, not entitlement.