• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Servers Are Still Pathetic

DeletedUser8152

Folks it seems like this whole thread has veered into personal attacks.

While I agree the the OP's particular problems seem to be localized, let's remember that it is perfectly legit to post here to see if others are having the problem or not.

If you want to post some helpful advice in response, that's cool. And advice about making your posts less off-putting can be helpful.

But turning it into an argument is not helpful. I'd suggest that if you find yourself tempted that way, just ignore the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

While I agree the the OP's particular problems seem to be localized, let's remember that it is perfectly legit to post here to see if others are having the problem or not.

If you want to post some helpful advice in response, that's cool. And advice about making your posts less off-putting can be helpful.

But turning it into an argument is not helpful. I'd suggest that if you find yourself tempted that way, just ignore the thread.

As you wish, so it shall be done.

lemur

The unhinged, irrational venom of these attacks is interesting. It is reminiscent of sock puppets with thin skin. I have also observed that people without much of a real life who come here to escape will often defend the game as if it were their own creation. It's all part of the bizarre psychology of pseudo-community on the internet.

DeletedUser

The unhinged, irrational venom of these attacks is interesting. It is reminiscent of sock puppets with thin skin. I have also observed that people without much of a real life who come here to escape will often defend the game as if it were their own creation. It's all part of the bizarre psychology of pseudo-community on the internet.
I believe the personal attacks are mostly from the thread originator. The rest of the people posting are merely making the point that this player always whines about Inno being the reason for his problems, when it seems clear that he is in denial about his system/network shortcomings. Most of us thoroughly enjoy playing this game, and appreciate both Inno, and the Forum moderators, and we don't like seeing either of them being slammed unfairly. Like you say, it is perfectly legit to post here to see if others are having the problem or not, but that doesn't seem to be his agenda. When it is pretty clear that he is the only one continually having this particular problem, it becomes not legit to continue to post slams of Inno.

lemur

When every computer problem you run into becomes a knee-jerk reaction ...

How do you know it was a "knee-jerk reaction? Well, actually ... you don't know that. But perhaps it made you feel good to think that someone criticizing InnoGames could be dismissed in that way.

Rational people, when experiencing computer/internet/mmo issues, will go through a general typical evaluation of the issue at hand, no looking to blame someone else, no need to relate anything, just simply a processes to figure out where/what the particular issue is and what if anything can be done to remedy it, no "them" or "me", it's all rather just simply technical in nature.

Based on your writing here, I doubt you're in a position to give sound advice on what is rational or irrational.

The fact of the matter is that I started this thread after confirming that from one week to the next, nothing had changed on my end of the link between my computer and InnoGames' servers. Just a few minutes ago, I loaded Odhrorvar and performed many game operations (collecting, contributing, communicating, etc.) without a hitch. But when I moved to ParkDog, the world refused to load — even though I have moved seamlessly from one world to another like that hundreds of times in the past. And clearing my cache and refreshing my browser had no effect.

But apparently, your view (and that of a few others here) is that the problem couldn't be with InnoGames, and even if it were, I should just shut up about it.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Oh, good ... :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Interesting diagnosis, herr doktor. Tell us, what is our prognosis? Is there any hope for us at all?

Algona

the problem couldn't be with InnoGames, and even if it were, I should just shut up about it.

Steaming pile of bull dooky. No one has said that when INNO screws up you should not take then to task, blame them, yell at them, or scream.

If someone did say that, poit them out, I'll help you beat the snot out of them.

when I moved to ParkDog, the world refused to load

Cool, two episo, err, I mean, cool, thanks for not putting up yet another complaint thread.

Again, no one else posted the similar problem at that time. Again out of 20K players on your wolrd you're the only one with that problem at that time.

Same as all your other threads.

The fact of the matter is that I started this thread after confirming that from one week to the next, nothing had changed on my end of the link between my computer and InnoGames' servers

Right, no one disagrees that there is a problem, but it's so rare that you are the only one regularly complaining about not being able to get into servers.

Again, have you ever had the same problem when playing with another computer at another location? Have you had the same problem when you used your computer at another location? Ever had the problem using a phone?

We agree there's an intermittent problem. But until you take steps to establish that there is no way the problem exists at your end, no one is going to care.

If you prove the problem is at INNO's end you're still screwed; theyve demonstrated for months that they don;t care. Hardly surprising, how much money should INNO put into addressing an intermittent problem that affects one player?

So yeah, you are wasting your time in these threads, you're not going to get anything out of it but the satisfaction of venting. Which is fine because you're giving a lot of us the opportunity to vent as well.

So you're providing a service to the forums. Thanks! I guess.

DeletedUser26965

How do you know it was a "knee-jerk reaction? Well, actually ... you don't know that. But perhaps it made you feel good to think that someone criticizing InnoGames could be dismissed in that way.
Perhaps you misread me. I'm not necessarily speaking of this single post but a pattern of behavior within numerous posts.
Based on your writing here, I doubt you're in a position to give sound advice on what is rational or irrational.

The fact of the matter is that I started this thread after confirming that from one week to the next, nothing had changed on my end of the link between my computer...
Perhaps but look how you are now actually discussing the issue which is what I'm talking about and is the rational starting point of analysis and diagnosis. Now if you can continue to do that and work through the issue(s), whenever they arise, as opposed to making posts looking to blame you would be in a much better position.
But apparently, your view (and that of a few others here) is that the problem couldn't be with InnoGames, and even if it were, I should just shut up about it.
Not true at all, my view is the problems(s) can be anywhere. You are of course free to say what you want just as I feel everyone can, however if I have a preference it's for actually working through the problem rather than all the personal stuff be it you, me or Inno.

DeletedUser

There is no cure for a lack of intelligence.
So we're not crazy, we're stupid? That's fascinating. Tell us more, oh wise one. Please, we wait breathlessly for the pearls of wisdom that endlessly drop from your lips.

DeletedUser29295

I am going to add my 2 cents, take it for what it is worth.

Before I started playing FoE 3ish months ago, I was playing Evony. I had played it for 7 years before I finally tired of it: not only the game, but the issues with the servers as well. Let me give you a bit of background about Evony, so you will understand:

The game is, for the most part, a fighting game. The troops are based on our HMA troops here: from Warriors to Trebs. Each troop type consumes a various amout of food per hour. The only way to truly compete in that game is to have massive armies: like millions and millions of troops, because you can spend all day attacking a player (or different players) from each of your cities (at the max you can have 10 of them). Plus, you have to pay your heroes gold: and as they become more powerful, it costs more and more gold. And that was by the hour as well. And you had to defend your cities when attacked, or the attacker had free reign to kill your troops, and plunder and "cap" your city.

Evony would expierence varing periods of "down" time: sometimes for only a few hours, sometimes for days at a time. And when you could finally log into your accounts(s) (because most advanced players use b0ts there to supply their troops with food, heroes with gold and cities with resources to build/upkeep), you would find that if any of your cities ran out of food or gold, your troops and heroes could/would be gone (heroes lost loyality every hour not paid, and when they reach 0 they ran away: 5 points per hour). Just bye-bye. Players lost some amazing heroes because of this. Also, sometimes only part of the server would work: so some people would be able to take advantage of it in devistating ways.

I guess what I am saying is that I have had no real serer issues since I started playing FoE: and any issues that we may have here pale in comparison to issues taking place in other on-line games.