• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Servers Are Still Pathetic

DeletedUser26120

Nah it's legit down right now but when it's up there really is no problem running the game for 99% of us. So anybody having issues is definitely having them on their end.

DeletedUser28365

Normally I dont have any issues running the game. But, I hate these down times like this. Its getting old.

lemonwedgie

Nah it's legit down right now but when it's up there really is no problem running the game for 99% of us. So anybody having issues is definitely having them on their end.

Unless you GvG ... do a poll on the GvGers ... very different results. Lets talk about the AA map ... "lets not!!" I hear the GvGers cry ....

DeletedUser26154

I was able to plunder everyone during the downtime...

nmobile-792442.png

And it didn't count for my achievement, either.

DeletedUser26965

No actually - we are a heavy GvG guild meaning most of us rarely have troops. ANyone with 10k+ plus doesn't gvg every night ;-)

Do you GvG?
Yes, everyday, never had a problem. The problem as far as I'm aware is with the amount of units one has in inventory. There was a changelog a ways back that fixed this issue to some degree, something about 4,000 units I recall but apparently it's having more than that or something. I don't know personally because I have never had more than a couple hundred units at a time. Just going by what I can tell from people with thousands of units it seems GvG becomes unplayable. The majority of other complaints of "lag" I run into are most likely user based.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

The problem as far as I'm aware is with the amount of units one has in inventory.

100,000% verified as True.
I had hundreds of different types of troops from past eras.
I also had crushing lag every time I opened my troop window.
So I got rid of most of them.
Great majority went bye-bye.
Unless they were Champions, Rogues, or Current Era units...
I deleted all but 4.

My number of troops went down from the high 3,000s to 598 at the time of this writing.
A good 100 of those are current era units I'll never use, but keep as delete fodder.

The lag went down a lot after I cleaned up.

Get rid of all your old troops.
The ones you are not using.
Don't worry about that "I might need these old, obsolete troops for blah blah blah..."
Just get rid of them.

Dewey-Cheatem-and-Howe-500-e1292966458742.jpg

And your game runs smoother as a result.

lemonwedgie

Yes, everyday, never had a problem. The problem as far as I'm aware is with the amount of units one has in inventory. There was a changelog a ways back that fixed this issue to some degree, something about 4,000 units I recall but apparently it's having more than that or something. I don't know personally because I have never had more than a couple hundred units at a time. Just going by what I can tell from people with thousands of units it seems GvG becomes unplayable. The majority of other complaints of "lag" I run into are most likely user based.

On a mature world with an active guild? I am not trying to argue, just sharing how it is. Many of us have less than 500 troops in our army management (because we fight so much), we fight every night and hitting fully loaded sectors means multiple sieges. Evenings tend to the be worst and the AA map is awful which I assume is down to all the varying data that has to be loaded (troops from all ages). You will also notice that the more cross swords (sieges) you see occuring on a map at one time, the worse the lag. And we have guys (not just in my guild, but in the opposition) who have some of the best rigs around that run on fibre, and they have the same issues - not as bad as say mine (as I do have a slower computer hence why I do not go on re-siege duty) but they still experience lag.

If you are on G world, I extend an invite to you so you can experience this first hand.

respectfully,
lemon

lemonwedgie

Get rid of all your old troops.
The ones you are not using.
Don't worry about that "I might need these old, obsolete troops for blah blah blah..."
Just get rid of them.

And your game runs smoother as a result.

There is no such thing as old troops, ones you are not using when you are a GvG guild.

DeletedUser

On a mature world with an active guild? I am not trying to argue, just sharing how it is. Many of us have less than 500 troops in our army management (because we fight so much), we fight every night and hitting fully loaded sectors means multiple sieges. Evenings tend to the be worst and the AA map is awful which I assume is down to all the varying data that has to be loaded (troops from all ages). You will also notice that the more cross swords (sieges) you see occuring on a map at one time, the worse the lag. And we have guys (not just in my guild, but in the opposition) who have some of the best rigs around that run on fibre, and they have the same issues - not as bad as say mine (as I do have a slower computer hence why I do not go on re-siege duty) but they still experience lag.

If you are on G world, I extend an invite to you so you can experience this first hand.

respectfully,
lemon
I've highlighted one line from your post that I think may be the key. I'm wondering if the lag problem is because everyone sets these multiple sieges at the same time. I do look at the GvG map from time to time, and there never seems to be any sieges going except right after recalc. Maybe the solution is as simple as sieging at different times. I do set a siege from time to time, just for PvP points (or to mess with people, but don't tell anyone), and I have no problems at all with lag. There are generally no other sieges going when I set mine, and my troops probably number less than 1500 overall, with about 500 of those being Rogues.

DeletedUser26965

respectfully,
lemon
Yes on D. There was a big takeover on the AA map a short time back, massive swords and shields flying all over the place, went on for weeks and though I wasn't fighting in it directly I was fighting on the same map daily multiple times as it was happening with no issue. I realize some people have issues, we had a guild member rage quit from GvG but English was his second language and he left in such a huff we couldn't quite work with him to figure anything out.

lemonwedgie

Yes on D. There was a big takeover on the AA map a short time back, massive swords and shields flying all over the place, went on for weeks and though I wasn't fighting in it directly I was fighting on the same map daily multiple times as it was happening with no issue. I realize some people have issues, we had a guild member rage quit from GvG but English was his second language and he left in such a huff we couldn't quite work with him to figure anything out.

You were not fighting directly? So how do you know there was no issue? Like I said, more than happy to extend an invite. The struggle is real ;)

DeletedUser26154

There is no such thing as old troops, ones you are not using when you are a GvG guild.

Too many is too many.
If you have over 3,000 idle, unused troops, GvG or not...
Get rid of them.
No one is going to use Progressive Era snipers for defending anything.
No one is gonna use Modern Era fast units for defending anything.
If you have more than a couple dozen of an idle-type of troop, that's way too much.

You don't need 100's of outdated, idle, useless troops clogging up the works.
Any computer system will eventually lag... when it's overloaded with useless data.

Get rid of your old, outdated, useless troops.
Delete Delete Delete with Joy.
Grin when you retire those tired soldiers.
You can say personal good byes to each one as you give them the Big Ole Red X.
Let them go back home to their families.

If you GvG, then you'll know what to keep.
Because you use them.

images (4).jpg

Garbage the rest without hesitation.

lemonwedgie

I've highlighted one line from your post that I think may be the key. I'm wondering if the lag problem is because everyone sets these multiple sieges at the same time. I do look at the GvG map from time to time, and there never seems to be any sieges going except right after recalc. Maybe the solution is as simple as sieging at different times. I do set a siege from time to time, just for PvP points (or to mess with people, but don't tell anyone), and I have no problems at all with lag. There are generally no other sieges going when I set mine, and my troops probably number less than 1500 overall, with about 500 of those being Rogues.

I meant multiple sieges with multiple guilds - not one guild setting all sieges. For example, a couple of nights 3 guilds were seiging on the same map at reset ... if I wasn't already at home, I would have said "I'm going home!"

DeletedUser26965

You were not fighting directly? So how do you know there was no issue? Like I said, more than happy to extend an invite. The struggle is real ;)

I meant I wasn't fighting in the war that was going on but we were fighting at the same time on the same map

lemonwedgie

Too many is too many.
If you have over 3,000 idle, unused troops, GvG or not...
Get rid of them.
No one is going to use Progressive Era snipers for defending anything.
No one is gonna use Modern Era fast units for defending anything.
If you have more than a couple dozen of an idle-type of troop, that's way too much.

You don't need 100's of outdated, idle, useless troops clogging up the works.
Any computer system will eventually lag... when it's overloaded with useless data.

Get rid of your old, outdated, useless troops.
Delete Delete Delete with Joy.
Grin when you retire those tired soldiers.
You can say personal good byes to each one as you give them the Big Ole Red X.
Let them go back home to their families.

If you GvG, then you'll know what to keep.
Because you use them.

View attachment 4848

Garbage the rest without hesitation.

Obviously you did not read my other post ... I have less than 500 at the moment ...

DeletedUser

I meant multiple sieges with multiple guilds - not one guild setting all sieges. For example, a couple of nights 3 guilds were seiging on the same map at reset ... if I wasn't already at home, I would have said "I'm going home!"
I know what you meant. And I know that multiple guilds set multiple sieges, and all right after recalc. If the sieges were spread out over the day, rather than all at once, maybe they wouldn't overload the servers. That's all I'm saying. Whenever I do set a siege, it is usually the only one going on at the time.