• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Servers Are Still Pathetic

DeletedUser26965

For example, a couple of nights 3 guilds were seiging on the same map at reset
That is nothing in comparison to the war that technically is still going on in AA for like a month now (now that I look it's been 2 months going lol) on D because not only was there the war but there was also a massive land grab. Let's add some context. All the land is taken in AA. I can't remember what map rank they were, maybe 4th with apx 30 sectors. They released all those sector at one time, then started a war with the number 1 guild on the map, and world, apx 45 sectors. We have the most sectors, 53, but our land sucks so they didn't want ours lol. The massive land grab was going on with multiple guilds all at once including my guild, the war was massive, a constant flow of sectors going back and forth between guilds. So you got the war, the land grab, the normal catch and release for battle point going on elsewhere, and my daily point hunter we get to deal with for eternity all happening. IT WAS INSANE! lol, and yet I noticed no difference when I was fighting on that map during all that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

If the game was garbage, there wouldn't be that many people playing.
Yes the game has the usual issues all MMOs face.
Inno measures up average when it comes to that.
Some companies are better, some are worse.

We don't deal with massive down times on a regular basis.
I've had other games be, for all intents and purposes, out for a solid week or two.

If you take the steps to improve performance and they don't work for you...
But work for the rest of us...

images (1).jpg

Then the problem is clearly on your end, not Inno's.

lemonwedgie

I know what you meant. And I know that multiple guilds set multiple sieges, and all right after recalc. If the sieges were spread out over the day, rather than all at once, maybe they wouldn't overload the servers. That's all I'm saying. Whenever I do set a siege, it is usually the only one going on at the time.

Well I have often said we should have 2 shield drops, to spread the load ... but then I say a lot of things :)

lemonwedgie

That is nothing in comparison to the war that technically is still going on in AA for like a month now (now that I look it's been 2 months going lol) on D because not only was there the war but there was also a massive land grab. Let's add some context. All the land is taken in AA. I can't remember what map rank they were, maybe 4th with apx 30 sectors. They released all those sector at one time, then started a war with the number 1 guild on the map, and world, apx 45 sectors. We have the most sectors, 53, but our land sucks so they didn't want ours lol. The massive land grab was going on with multiple guilds all at once including my guild, the war was massive, a constant flow of sectors going back and forth between guilds. So you got the war, the land grab, the normal catch and release for battle point going on elsewhere, and my daily point hunter we get to deal with for eternity all happening. IT WAS INSANE! lol, and yet I noticed no difference when I was fighting on that map during all that.

Well then there is something rather special about you. Honestly ... I have never heard anyone (who is a serious and seasoned GvGer) say there isn't lag on the AA map. Even those with awesome rigs and fibre get a little lag. I have GvG'd every single day since it launched, so I really do have a valid view on the situation - but it seems my opinion is always quashed by the little clique on here. For someone to say they never, ever get any lag on AA makes me wonder if they are just saying it to be contrary :/ But oh well, lucky you ... the only person, other than ardak and his perfect game, to not get lag.

DeletedUser26965

Well then there is something rather special about you. Honestly ... I have never heard anyone (who is a serious and seasoned GvGer) say there isn't lag on the AA map. Even those with awesome rigs and fibre get a little lag. I have GvG'd every single day since it launched, so I really do have a valid view on the situation - but it seems my opinion is always quashed by the little clique on here. For someone to say they never, ever get any lag on AA makes me wonder if they are just saying it to be contrary :/ But oh well, lucky you ... the only person, other than ardak and his perfect game, to not get lag.
I guess that depends on what you mean by "lag", I'll sometimes get like a one second delay when loading up a different set of units and a shield/swords goes up in the air at the same time but it's a minor inconvenience. Every once in a great while I get "lock up" when placing units in the defensive slot and it sticks on the loading screen after placement but i don't think that problem is exclusive to GvG and related to something else, but even this is rare and I haven't seen it in a long time. I guess I am special, me and everyone else who can GvG without debilitating "lag" that is.

DeletedUser8152

When I play on my university computer with a 10 Gb/s connection, I get a few seconds of delay and the unit window is pretty jerky. At home (DSL) it is noticeably worse.

lemur

You've been saying this for at least, almost a year...
You still have not figured out the problem, which is clearly on your end?

So according to your Mick Jagger logic, time is on InnoGames' side? ... :rolleyes:
... as if a longstanding problem couldn't possibly be the fault of the game — because ... well ... the programmer Gods always fix things and never, ever, ever let problems fester in perpetuity. Right?

ROFL !!!!

DeletedUser26120

Been experiencing more and more lag/freezes in FoE lately so this is how I've taken to setting it up when I'm doing a lot of battles. It lets me read/browse on the left side of screen while I wait for FoE. Luckily I have 24" widescreen monitor so it works great!

fsu8TKO.jpg

DeletedUser26154

So according to your Mick Jagger logic, time is on InnoGames' side? ... :rolleyes:
... as if a longstanding problem couldn't possibly be the fault of the game — because ... well ... the programmer Gods always fix things and never, ever, ever let problems fester in perpetuity. Right? ROFL !!!!

3442bf4d9b99dbba1b3b0cd2255b0502.png

lemur

The sever is drunk again, so I wandered over here for some entertainment. What rhetorical deflections have Inno's minions offered lately?

... you claim the game doesn't work.

Right ... because the lag, long load times, and generally inconsistent server performance are equivalent to "the game doesn't work" in your mind. You then merrily beat your straw man by showing game progress over several months — to show that the game "works well enough". :rolleyes:

No amount of Webster's salve can heal such fallacious reasoning.

The problem ... will forever be on your end.

As long as you recite talking points from the Gospel of Inno, I think you meant "forever and ever, amen."
:p

qaccy

The sever is drunk again, so I wandered over here for some entertainment. What rhetorical deflections have Inno's minions offered lately?

Right ... because the lag, long load times, and generally inconsistent server performance are equivalent to "the game doesn't work" in your mind. You then merrily beat your straw man by showing game progress over several months — to show that the game "works well enough". :rolleyes:

No amount of Webster's salve can heal such fallacious reasoning.

As long as you recite talking points from the Gospel of Inno, I think you meant "forever and ever, amen."
:p

We'd all love for the game to run better. Unfortunately there's far too much (mis)information going around from self-appointed computer experts who 'know' the problem is Inno's fault and has nothing to do with their own system because obviously it's easier to deflect responsibility and wait for someone else to save you. On the subject of lag specifically, you could ask 100 different people what 'lag' is in this game and you'd get almost as many different responses. There's no clear-cut explanation that defines whether a given problem is, in fact, on Inno's end or your own, or even just the Flash platform itself. With so many different system configurations among users, it's going to be very hard if not impossible to have the game run optimally for everybody and I personally think that they're doing what they can among all their other duties. After all, if they didn't at least try to keep the game running they wouldn't have very many players...and they'd be making less money. As a business, would you want to make less money?