• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Settlement Quandry

DeletedUser3485

Ok, because of the limits of times you can run the Viking Settlement and reduced the amount of time to complete each level and then maxxed out the levels. I can't gather any more fragments of Greater Runestone? That makes no sense, especially when it was easier in the beginning to hit the 4x's bonus at a 6% chance than it is at 25%. Which makes me not real interested in bothering to apparently waste my time or effort in any of the other Settlements.

RazorbackPirate

Yes, you can. Each settlement completion within the time frame will award the associated fragments plus 50 FPs upon completion of the settlement.

Agent327

Ok, because of the limits of times you can run the Viking Settlement and reduced the amount of time to complete each level and then maxxed out the levels. I can't gather any more fragments of Greater Runestone? That makes no sense, especially when it was easier in the beginning to hit the 4x's bonus at a 6% chance than it is at 25%. Which makes me not real interested in bothering to apparently waste my time or effort in any of the other Settlements.

Actually it is easier at a 25% chance than at a 6% chance. Your math is a bit off.

time4coffee

A couple pieces of advice helped me consistently win at least the 2nd level prizes -
1. just because you need to diplomacy points to get the never item, you don't need to have it to keep it. Basically, build the extra diplomacy totems, runes etc when you need to upgrade, then sell them. Build them in streets etc. This saves the need for tiles, saving time and goods.
2, Figure out in the beginning how much of each item you need, sell the building when you have all you need adn build a different goods building there.

At the end, if you can, have all the goods building ready to go before collecting the last building so when the that last quest is done as soon as possible.

DeletedUser3485

Thanks Agent, I know what you are saying, but the occurrences of getting the bonus actually were better at the lower %'s at the beginning of starting a settlement than at the later stages. Just because it's obvious and logical, don't make it so. Thanks Swan, but I've played enough to learn all though very useful hints you gave. Also, on a side note: my apologies, you can still advance on Vikings. Inno just changed the layout on the display page.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks Agent, I know what you are saying, but the occurrences of getting the bonus actually were better at the lower %'s at the beginning of starting a settlement than at the later stages. Just because it's obvious and logical, don't make it so.
This is factually incorrect. The bonuses are exactly as stated. As such they increase with each run through up to a maximum of 25%. From that point forward, they will average, over a large sample, 25%.

Your experience without the associated data to prove there's a bug in the system has no relevance. The RNG ran against you for a couple of settlements. That does not entitle you to a completely made up set of facts.

DeletedUser3485

Razorback, thanks for your useless input. At no time was I complaining about a bug, just stating what I personally dealt with. Before you decide to try and impress everyone with your self-indulged, condescending reply, and if you had bothered to see that I had already corrected myself, you need not have bothered to reply to either of my posts. And yes, 25% should mean that it's easier, but doesn't always make it so.

UBERhelp1

Razorback, thanks for your useless input. At no time was I complaining about a bug, just stating what I personally dealt with. Before you decide to try and impress everyone with your self-indulged, condescending reply, and if you had bothered to see that I had already corrected myself, you need not have bothered to reply to either of my posts. And yes, 25% should mean that it's easier, but doesn't always make it so.
You were the one who came here asking for help, don't shoot the people offering it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I am currently trying to finish my current settlement for the second time that has a really bad rock placement. With one day left it is going down to the wire whether I will make it or not, or have to start again, or finally settle for the lesser chests. The settlements get tougher as they go because of the shorter timeframe, even with an increased bonus chance if you roll bad rng.

Algona

I am currently trying to finish my current settlement for the second time that has a really bad rock placement. With one day left it is going down to the wire whether I will make it or not, or have to start again, or finally settle for the lesser chests. The settlements get tougher as they go because of the shorter timeframe, even with an increased bonus chance if you roll bad rng.

Good luck, I've grown to hate bad impediments. Japan or Viking?

I just started Viking in my third city. After completing all 15 in time on the first city, about half way through the second city I gave up sweating the time. I decided the lvl 5 Runestone just wasn't worth the micromanagement. It's hella more fun for me to just build as I please without waking up at stupid hours (I know, piss poor planning on my part) to flip some productions. Takes a month+ more to complete all 15, but I''m a lot happier.

Japan though, different. That Dojo? Phenomenal prize. And Japan just seems a lot easier, leastwise to me. Coins seem to flow fast and quadding 15s in the Merchant is so broken...

Looking forward to CENSORED where I hear CENSORED is CENSORED, not to mention the CENSORED CENSORED. :D

Kranyar the Mysterious

Good luck, I've grown to hate bad impediments. Japan or Viking?

I just started Viking in my third city. After completing all 15 in time on the first city, about half way through the second city I gave up sweating the time. I decided the lvl 5 Runestone just wasn't worth the micromanagement. It's hella more fun for me to just build as I please without waking up at stupid hours (I know, piss poor planning on my part) to flip some productions. Takes a month+ more to complete all 15, but I''m a lot happier.

Japan though, different. That Dojo? Phenomenal prize. And Japan just seems a lot easier, leastwise to me. Coins seem to flow fast and quadding 15s in the Merchant is so broken...

Looking forward to CENSORED where I hear CENSORED is CENSORED, not to mention the CENSORED CENSORED. :D
Yeah, Japanese settlement. I really like the dojo, and finishing on time gives me the fragments to build my second fully leveled one, which is why I've gone to the trouble of restarting instead of taking the lesser prize. I think I've only gotten one bonus so far this play through.

I hated Vikings so much I stopped going for the runestones early on.