• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SHAH JAHAN Historical Questline

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26660

Yes, I got it near the end of my time in Future Era.
It was build either Eco Park or Concert Hall.

I just re-arranged my city.

View attachment 5012

And I'm not doing it again for a quest.

Nor me, I tend now to just do the tasks until I get a request to action something I don't want to, such as scouting or researching a technology, as soon as I get one of those I cease the quest.

DeletedUser26120

Anyone tell me what this portrait thingy is and where I can find it? Yes I am only in High,very close to Late Middle, Age. My only city so I am still a little wet behind the ears. And I will build the maze, but possibly delete my WW because it really isn't great, and if Maze turns out not great, I will poof that too.
If you only have one wishing well then it won't seem so great because half the time you will get coin or supplies. But if you have 10 or more in your city like I do, then you see tremendous benefits. Often get 2fp multiple times, a bunch of goods, and sometimes medals. 50 diamonds comes up once or twice a week usually.

I would highly recommend you keep it as you'll get more as you grow and you will get fountains from GE too which are the exact same thing. I have 8 wells and 7 fountains, now the hedge maze.

DeletedUser26660

If you only have one wishing well then it won't seem so great because half the time you will get coin or supplies. But if you have 10 or more in your city like I do, then you see tremendous benefits. Often get 2fp multiple times, a bunch of goods, and sometimes medals. 50 diamonds comes up once or twice a week usually.

I would highly recommend you keep it as you'll get more as you grow and you will get fountains from GE too which are the exact same thing. I have 8 wells and 7 fountains, now the hedge maze.

They can be good when one is a lower player but a WW takes up 9 squares (3x3) compared to say a SoK which takes up 4 squares (2x2) plus a SoK provides coins as well as FPs, so overall from a space perspective as well as production WWs for me are not efficient enough.

DeletedUser26120

If I had the SoK to replace them I would consider it but they are better than you are saying, imo.

qaccy

Yes, I got it near the end of my time in Future Era.
It was build either Eco Park or Concert Hall.

I just re-arranged my city.

View attachment 5012

And I'm not doing it again for a quest.

Agreed. Especially if it's just a random reward quest, I'll skip anything that requires something like that. Always comparing the reward(s) to the cost of completing it, though! I'll tear something down just to rebuild it if I can do so for free/cheap and the reward is something like 100) goods or almost any number of diamonds.

If I had the SoK to replace them I would consider it but they are better than you are saying, imo.

If you require many of something in order for it to be good, it's probably not worth having in the first place, is it? More of something means more space required, and space is the most valuable resource in the game.

That being said, I personally think even a single WW is worth the space it takes up, especially in later ages when they can give you 20 goods instead of just 10 (although they aren't refined, the fact that it's free from a 3x3 building that requires no population dwarfs the efficiency of any goods building from PE and up). People use these for different things, however...again using myself as an example, for a developed or 'main' city I like them for the FP and goods, whereas on a world where I just 'farm' and don't put as much emphasis on maximum efficiency, I'll stuff in as many WWs as I can get/fit in order to get more chances at the 50 diamond prize from them.

DeletedUser29451

Ok, as a new player, I found the quest reasonable and the reward enticing. However, I misinterpreted the end time - I assume that a quest running June 12 - June 19 would include June 19th as the final day. I'll know better next time, just disappointing to have 11 1/2 quests done, and waiting for a trade so I could acquire the last province in quest 12. Looks like I missed being successful by a full 5 hours!!

DeletedUser26120

They ended it on the morning of the 19th instead of giving you all of 19th to work on it.

Bad move really, hope they consider this in future events. If I hadn't finished early I would have been caught off guard too.

Algona

They had a timer available in the Event. Next Event look for a ? in the upper right corner of the main Event windw. That gives the exact time left to complete the quest.

DeletedUser27169

They ended it on the morning of the 19th instead of giving you all of 19th to work on it.

Bad move really, hope they consider this in future events. If I hadn't finished early I would have been caught off guard too.
Such******* morons.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27169

They had a timer available in the Event. Next Event look for a ? in the upper right corner of the main Event windw. That gives the exact time left to complete the quest.

Dont need a timer.
Post said thru the 19.
So that should mean thru the 19.

Algona

Dont need a timer.

Agreed, you sure don't need a timer anymore. Mavbe a few days ago?

Post said thru the 19.
So that should mean thru the 19.

Argue with INNO:

"You can enjoy the questline from 12th to 19th of June."

Although I can understand you being upset with INNO becasue you didn't believe that they meant exactly what they said. I can also understand that it's INNO's fault that you didn't think to check on what time the Event ended.

Always look on the bright side of life! Now not only willl you remenber there is a timer, but every time you think about it in every Event you'll have a reason to swear at me as well. I know that makes me smile.

You're welcome for the attempt to help you on the next Event.

Enjoy the empty space where your Maze could have been.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26120

If hedge maze had given me coins/supplies again this morning for the 5th or 6th consecutive time I was gonna delete it.

Guess it read my mind because I got 2 fps instead, so now it can stay lol.

That tells you it's worth having, it just doesn't always pay out what you want.

DeletedUser29451

I fully unders
Agreed, you sure don't need a timer anymore. Mavbe a few days ago?

Argue with INNO:

"You can enjoy the questline from 12th to 19th of June."

Although I can understand you being upset with INNO becasue you didn't believe that they meant exactly what they said. I can also understand that it's INNO's fault that you didn't think to check on what time the Event ended.

Always look on the bright side of life! Now not only willl you remenber there is a timer, but every time you think about it in every Event you'll have a reason to swear at me as well. I know that makes me smile.

You're welcome for the attempt to help you on the next Event.

Enjoy the empty space where your Maze could have been.

I sure didn't intend to start up a hornets nest - I took full responsibility for not understanding the timing (actual words were "I misinterpreted the timing"), it was meant to be helpful for other new players the next time.

Algona

I fully unders

I sure didn't intend to start up a hornets nest - I took full responsibility for not understanding the timing (actual words were "I misinterpreted the timing"), it was meant to be helpful for other new players the next time.

You did not stir up anything.

My first post you quoted was meant exactly as it reads. A tip for future players so they could know when the Event ended and not get caught short next Event.

My second post you quoted was aimed both barrels squarely at the poster I quoted. Any splash you felt was not intended for you, I apologize.

DeletedUser7406

Hedge Maze
Anyone thinking of building this Indian Event building,
Don't bother. It is a waste of time and resources.
It is basically a glorified bloated WW.
It takes up 20 tiles vs 9 tiles for a WW.
It only gives the same number of diamonds. (50)
It gives hardly ANY RP or any other value.
I lost 100K in ranking points swapping out for this hunk of junk.
Be Warned! :(

DeletedUser26120

I hadn't even thought of that until now, two wishing wells is only 18 squares while maze is 20.

I have been getting coins/supplies every collection off it except for like two.

You may be right, I'll consider deleting it after I see how next couple days of rewards go.