• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SHAH JAHAN Historical Questline

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26120

Just collected supplies on maze, again.

If it gets coins or supplies on tonight's collection then that sucker is gone for sure.

DeletedUser26965

Hedge Maze
Anyone thinking of building this Indian Event building,
Don't bother. It is a waste of time and resources.
It is basically a glorified bloated WW.
It takes up 20 tiles vs 9 tiles for a WW.
It only gives the same number of diamonds. (50)
It gives hardly ANY RP or any other value.
I lost 100K in ranking points swapping out for this hunk of junk.
Be Warned! :(

Just collected supplies on maze, again.

If it gets coins or supplies on tonight's collection then that sucker is gone for sure.

sheesh people, it's a bigger Wishing Well you collect every 12h instead of 24h. No mystery here what it's good for. You got a 50% chance to get coins or supplies.

DeletedUser26120

PackCat made me (and possibly others) realize it's not as efficient as a wishing well/fountain after all. I kept thinking it was better because its 5x4 and wells would be 6x3 or 3x6 but didn't think of counting total squares taken up.

So if it does indeed give out coins/supplies 50% of the time then the others were right, it's not worth having in your city. Pretty sure I'm gonna delete mine tonight and put down another tribal square instead.

DeletedUser26965

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel now to try and start any kind of argument with me.
Okay, it's like this then. Every building in the game has value. It's all relative to the players gamestyle, what they want/need out of the game for themselves/guild. Saying any building is not worth having has meaning only to one person, the person saying it. This building has provided great value to me already as I have 23 of them. For others perhaps no value at all.

DeletedUser26120

Got coins. Hedge Maze deleted.

Out of about 12 collections I got NOT supplies/coins only twice. Bad deal for something that takes up more space than wws/fountains.

Algona

My main city has 10 WWs deployed 5 more in Inventory. Not surprising I have Maze in Inventory and it will stay there unless I decide to go all in on Diamond Farming.

My startup has it out. No diamonds, but that's not unexpected. I've hit every other prize. No serious problem with the size, but I find the 12 hour collection time pretty clunky, I'm getting a lot of 'slippage' compared to 24 hour collections.

It's a fine addition to a newer city if it can be collected regularly. Top tier? Nope. Useable until something better comes along? Yup.

DeletedUser7406

Okay, it's like this then. Every building in the game has value. It's all relative to the players gamestyle, what they want/need out of the game for themselves/guild. Saying any building is not worth having has meaning only to one person, the person saying it. This building has provided great value to me already as I have 23 of them. For others perhaps no value at all.
There are good value buildings, and then there are dogs... This dog don't hunt.

If you want the best of everything, just build Bazaars & Oasis... And maybe lots of SoK.
Then you can choose to collect whatever you want. And of course up them every age.
I don't even build goods buildings any more, not needed.
Can't plunder what you don't have.

BTW, there is only 1 Hedge Maze per customer, not 23.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29055

What is the advantage of bazaars and Oasis? They are less efficient when good buildings, especially in lower ages. Their footprint is just too big for the number of goods or FPs you get.

I have a maze in my city, purely for looks. It does look good next to the Manor.

DeletedUser24787

What is the advantage of bazaars and Oasis? They are less efficient when good buildings, especially in lower ages. Their footprint is just too big for the number of goods or FPs you get.
in my opinion bazaar use to be great until we started to gain all sorts of FP makers the bazaars in later ages might be space savers to alternate between making refined goods or fp ,but early on they are rather large in scale when we have other options at our disposal. Active players will usually have a good batch of buildings from GE that are free that provide better benefits

the oasis use also hold higher value but with the introduction of the tribal square from GE they no longer hold their coveted value due to how common the counterpart is, in late ages they might be good to save space and have non plunderable goods but early on they don't make much sense due to size where they are comparable to same scale as other goods factories

I have a maze in my city, purely for looks. It does look good next to the Manor.
i do too:) but i am considering removing it due to space constraints and finding a more efficient use of space i rarely check in for regular collections on that