• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Share Fight Replays via Messages

Da Noob

Proposal Format

Proposal
Add the ability to link a fight viewable as a replay in a message so it can be shared.

Current System (if applicable)
There is no current way of sharing a fight replay within the game.

Details
I think it would be a valuable tool in helping guilds assist and train members if they could show fights and find out what they did wrong so they can improve. This would help players develop skills and assist one another in overcoming a particularly strong defense or GE encounter. Linking would be similar to linking a GB or trade and would require the thread allow players to relay feedback on the same thread.

Abuse Prevention
I dont think there is any abuse potential other than players who dont want to see the replays. As such, they can be dropped from the message or ignore a player who might use them to taunt them.

Visual Aids
None.

Conclusion
I hope players might support this as its intended to help mentor our newer or less experienced players in an easier fashion. I would also like to see Negotiations be something that could be added in a similar way down the road for the exact same reasons (but no via this proposal)

Freshmeboy

Or it can be used as a signal to other plunderers in the hood as to who has what in their defense removing any sort of mystery of troop detail and destroying the last element of risk associated with hood battle. But your last comment about negotiation piqued my interest...A choice initiated by a player that would send any battle into negotiation with a set prize determined by the defender from a list based on production and age that would be an immediate prize should the negotiation succeed....

Stephen Longshanks

But your last comment about negotiation piqued my interest...A choice initiated by a player that would send any battle into negotiation with a set prize determined by the defender from a list based on production and age that would be an immediate prize should the negotiation succeed....
His last comment about negotiation was not about negotiating with neighbors, it was about using a similar concept to be able to show/teach how to negotiate...like the DCs or GE encounters.

DeletedUser36624

If I'm going to be sharing info on defenses with other plunderers, I don't need to link a replay to do that. Seems a very convoluted and time intensive way to do that.

DeletedUser27392

I vote yes also. I wouldn't use it often but see the teaching value in it

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Current System (if applicable)
There is no current way of sharing a fight replay within the game.
Not in the game, but there are plenty that have recorded their fights and put them on Youtube, so there really is no need for this.

RazorbackPirate

Not in the game, but there are plenty that have recorded their fights and put them on Youtube, so there really is no need for this.

Dumbest answer from you in a while. "There's 11 additional hoops completely unrelated to the game that will let you get this done. I see no reason why, having already recorded the battle, having already saved the information, and already having a message system that allows attachments should combine them to help players improve."

"You can already chop wood and start a campfire, so there's really no need for this thing you call an oven."

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Dumbest answer from you in a while. "There's 11 additional hoops completely unrelated to the game that will let you get this done. I see no reason why, having already recorded the battle, having already saved the information, and already having a message system that allows attachments should combine them to help players improve.
Not way as dumb as your reply. The way I see it, there is no need for it. That is not dumb, but an opinion. Commenting on it is dumb. How many will use it?
What will anyone learn from seeing me fight? No one in my guild can match my stats. They will see I can do it. They will not learn anything from it.

DeletedUser33179

Not way as dumb as your reply. The way I see it, there is no need for it. That is not dumb, but an opinion. Commenting on it is dumb. How many will use it?
What will anyone learn from seeing me fight? No one in my guild can match my stats. They will see I can do it. They will not learn anything from it.
Suppose a guildmate comes to you for help improving their fighting skills against a particular type/composition of army. Assuming you know their stats & that of the other army, would viewing a replay of the fight be beneficial? Could you potentially offer a bit more constructive feedback in some instances?

RaveWolf

I really like this idea... however...

1) I first thought Abuse - Can be used for mass attacks... but then again this will apply to everyone, so kinda cancels out my first thought.
2) Everyone's attack and defense stats are different, so will be a little difficult to assist in that regard.
3) ...but it will help in teaching best methods of attack for each type of unit, such as which units to use first, or who to keep back, who to rush forward, when to hold back in the first round, vulnerabilities, offensive or defensive attack, etc.

I think it would be great if it were possible to do a "step by step playback" and to comment on each move.

DeletedUser36624

A/D is only really relevant at the point where it changes the number of hits a unit can take. The fact that souped up units can do 9 points of damage instead of 7 or 8 is really only relevant in Cmap where infiltration can make that a one-hit takedown. So if the A/D isn't making a difference there, then worrying about "I have 150, but you only have 120" is silly.

DeletedUser31440

You could always disconnect GB's and buildings that give an attack boost to get closer to their stats.