• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Share Fight Replays via Messages

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Suppose a guildmate comes to you for help improving their fighting skills against a particular type/composition of army. Assuming you know their stats & that of the other army, would viewing a replay of the fight be beneficial? Could you potentially offer a bit more constructive feedback in some instances?
You can give feedback based on what you are told. Seeing it does not have to be more constructive. Same fight on different terrain can have other results. You probably have found a way to fight that works for you. Can you tell others about it, or do you need to show it, so they can do the same and then find out the terrain does not work for them?

DeletedUser33179

You can give feedback based on what you are told. Seeing it does not have to be more constructive. Same fight on different terrain can have other results. You probably have found a way to fight that works for you. Can you tell others about it, or do you need to show it, so they can do the same and then find out the terrain does not work for them?
Fair enough

DeletedUser30312

I vote yes.

Honestly, defense doesn't make a lot of difference unless you've got a solid defending army, a hefty defense bonus backing it up, and the attackers still need work on their bonuses. Some attackers will back down from a credible defense though.

Super Catanian

This would be especially helpful in GvG, notably the specific age provinces (not the AA province).
WIth this, all players will be able to use the same tactics to defeat the defending armies with minimal losses, assuming, of course, that they are getting advice from a seasoned and experienced player.

Darth Mole

Sounds good to me. Great for teaching Guildies but also taunting Hoodies and rubbing in an easy win with plunder at the end.

Emberguard

Senior Ingame Moderator
If I'm going to be sharing info on defenses with other plunderers, I don't need to link a replay to do that. Seems a very convoluted and time intensive way to do that.
Actually it'd be faster if it's the same way you link trades/GBs and you can choose what videos to "save" at the end of each battle

RazorbackPirate

Actually it'd be faster if it's the same way you link trades/GBs and you can choose what videos to "save" at the end of each battle
All of the fight videos are saved for the length of time they remain in your Events History. We just need a way to share them.

Emberguard

Senior Ingame Moderator
All of the fight videos are saved for the length of time they remain in your Events History. We just need a way to share them.
Given the OP mentioned overcoming a GE or defence encounter I was assuming the idea may want access to every battle - something which can be controlled to relevant battles so it's easy to send the one we want if we could after each battle select if we want it saved for sharing (and if we don't select anything then it's not saved unless it'd be available in event history normally)

Maybe I'm just over complicating things, but that was my thinking anyway

RazorbackPirate

Given the OP mentioned overcoming a GE or defence encounter I was assuming the idea may want access to every battle - something which can be controlled to relevant battles so it's easy to send the one we want if we could after each battle select if we want it saved for sharing (and if we don't select anything then it's not saved unless it'd be available in event history normally)

Maybe I'm just over complicating things, but that was my thinking anyway
I had totally overlooked the fact that fights in GE are not saved. It also occurred to me that any PvP fights I win are saved on the loser's end, not mine. I agree we then need to be able to pick and choose the fights to save. Given data limitations compared to the number of fights some players do daily, there should also be a small number that can be saved (5?) for only a short duration.

Emberguard

Senior Ingame Moderator
Yeah probably no greater then a week - because that's how long event history on desktop lasts anyway it's good to use that as the standard