• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Short and Concise Description

DeletedUser31440

I've been trying and failing to come up with a short and concise description of how a 1.8, 1.85, etc. thread works. Does anybody have a description that they use when adding new people into the threads to explain it to them?

DeletedUser34800

PLEASE COPY/PASTE these Instructions after your GB slots are filled.

To calculate any FPs needed to lock in top slots use the following Formula:
(Number of FPs needed to level) minus ((Bonus for Spot 1 times 1.8) times 2)) = FPs you add to your GB. Then calculate required donations for Spot 1 & Sot 2 (bonus times 1.8 for each Spot). Attach your GB and then note the requirements as (P1)= XXX, (P2)= XXX

GB OWNERS:
- Please unlock / open the GB..
- Please attached the great building.
- Please add required number of FPs to lock in Spots
- Please provide the required numbers needed for each slot.
- PLEASE MAKE IT A PRIORITY TO LEVEL THE BUILDING

SLOT FILLERS: To claim a slot, post the Spot number and donation.
- Claim a slot BEFORE YOU CONTRIBUTE forge points.
- Slots claimed must be filled immediately - NO WAITING.
- 1.8 TIMES REWARD IS REQUIRED.

Here's what's used in my guilds 1.8 thread. Is this short and concise? Does this explain it well enough?

Honestly, I have no clue. I haven't used the 1.8 thread yet, so haven't paid attention to it. Just showing you what my guild does.

Jern2017

There's also an online calculator which shows how much FPs the owner needs to put in before it's lockable at 1.80, 1.85 and 1.90.

DeletedUser31440

@m9silent12, used your bones with some tweaks, both for thread differences and clarifications.

Please Post In the Following Format:
========LIST========
Player Name - GB Name 1st XXX 2nd XXX
Ozy - Arc 1st 2350 2nd 1175
If you are clearing the list, please post the following:
Cleared

To calculate any FPs needed to lock in top slots use the following formula:
(Number of FPs still needed to level) minus ((Bonus for Slot 1 times 1.85) times 2)) = FPs you add to your GB, if someone is currently in the slot add the FPs they have donated to the above formula to get the amount of FPs you need to add. Then calculate required donations for Slot 1 & Slot 2 (bonus times 1.85 for each slot).

GB Owners:
- Please unlock / open the GB..
- Please add required number of FPs to lock in slots, if needed.
- Please provide the required number of FPs needed for each slot.
- Please make it a priority to level the GB.

Slot Fillers: To claim a slot, repost the list with the slot you are taking removed.
- Claim a slot before you contribute forge points.
- 1.85 times the reward is required.

Emberguard

And if you're below lvl 30 Arc (this is for 1.9):

Take the first reward and multiply it by 3.8 then minus the full amount for that lvl. This is what you as the owner would need to put in before 1st and 2nd can be filled by a lvl 80 arc (with break even)

EG:

Lvl 18 (1212 FPs)
1st reward: 240

240 x 3.8 = 912
912 - 1212 = 300

912 / 2 = 456 would secure 1st
/ 2 again = 228 would secure 2nd

1st: 240/100 x 90 = 216 + 240 = 456 (max profit)
2nd: 120/100 x 90 = 108 + 120 = 228 (max profit)

Of course yours is for 1.8 but maybe you can work out what to multiply by

DeletedUser34800

I feel violated....a snowman used my bones for it's own nefarious purposes....hahahaha

Glad I could help though. I don't use the thread in my guild (I feel like I'm not ready, I only have 1 GB over 10) so I wasn't sure how well or clear it was. Just figured I would post it for you since you were looking for data hahaha

DeletedUser31592

This group is made up of guild members who have level 80 Arcs and are interested in helping each other move GBs quickly by power leveling and using our 90% boost.

There are just a few basic ground rules:

1. Always lock at 90%. This group is not for making profit, but rather helping each other and turning your daily FPs into FP packs.
2. Do not post a position on a GB that would require sniping (or even passing) a guildmate.
3. Communicate to the group when you’re taking a position by posting an updated status. See the example below.
4. If you’re taking first on a GB that is in the zone (profitable to snipers after flipping), please drop FPs twice; the first drop should only be 50% of FPs (to lock) and the second time after second has locked to reach the full 90%. This is to disincentivize outside snipers.
4. Please give and take. We’re all helping each other here.

Though we chat sometimes, the messages in this group are generally pretty concise. When you take a spot, simply post a status update and remove what you took. Here’s an example of a status update:
———————
Player A CDM 3
Player B CC 1 and 2 zone
Player C AO 4
———————

However, everyone who joins the thread is confused. So......... It needs work, lol.

DeletedUser31592

I'm going to hijack for a moment-

I have a question for you all that have multiple threads a 1.8 and a 1.9, a 1.8 and 1.85, etc... How do you determine who/what is eligible for each thread? My 3 guilds all have different rules.

One world- 1.8 for everyone and every GB, 1.9 for everyone but only on GBs above 70
Another world- free for all for everyone (not a set lock amount- so it can range from 1.5 to 1.9 and is a 'use at your own risk' and basically a clusterf***) A 1.9 thread only for guildmates with a level 80 Arc. Non-level 80 Arc members don't even know it exists.
Last world- I don't use it and it recently changed, but I think a 1.85 for everyone and to post in the 1.9 thread you have to fill a need first.

I'm looking to help fix the world that is a mess, but I have not belonged to a guild that has a program I'd like to adopt. Looking for other suggestions.

DeletedUser31440

@JCera, I like 1.85 open to anyone in the guild that asks to join it, then a 1.9 for anyone with an Arc at 80+.

IdrinkAlone

How to calculate 1.85 & 1.9 thread values. (this assumes there are no existing FPs donations).

If you are unable to use any of the existing web based calculators or you just want to do it yourself, here is my explanation/clarification of what Emberguard posted above.

These are the variables you need to either fill in or calculate:
GB Name: [Arc]
Current level: [5]
TtlFPs = Total FPs needed to advance to next level (fill in): [510]
TV = Thread Value, either 1.85 or 1.9 (fill in): [1.85]
FPR1 = FP Reward for 1st place (fill in): [60]
P1 = investment for 1st place (calculate)
FPR2 = FP Reward for 2nd place (fill in): [30]
P2 = investment for 2nd place (calculate)
CF12 = Coverage Factor for 1st and 2nd places (calculate)
OC12 = Owner’s Coverage investment for 1st and 2nd positions (calculate)

So, to calculate what you (the owner) need to invest to cover positions 1 and 2 the process is:
Calculate P1 = FPR1 times TV, round up = [60 x 1.85] = 111
Calculate P2 = FPR2 times TV, round up = [30 x 1.85] = 55.5 = 56
Calculate CF12 = FPR1 times TV times 2, round up = 60 x 1.85 x 2 = 60 x 3.7 = 222
Calculate OC12 = TtlFPs – CF12 = 510 – 222 = 288

Now you invest OC12 = 288 FPs in your Arc and then post it to the 1.85 Thread like this (NOTE: This is just one method, each guild may have their own requirements/process, including posting the GB before the stats. It is customary to post lowest (P5) to highest (P1) so others can copy, paste/repost, and remove their position for the next player. The last person posts Clear when all positions are taken) : e.g.

[owner’s name] Arc 5 -> 6, P2(56) P1(111)
Next player would post:
[owner’s name] Arc 5 -> 6, P2(56)
Next player would post:
[owner’s name] Arc 5 -> 6, Clear

Now, since this is an Arc, it may more appropriately go in the 1.9 thread, so let’s recalculate at 1.9
P1 = 60 x 1.9 = 114
P2 = 30 x 1.9 = 57
CF12 = 60 x 1.9 x 2 = 60 x 3.8 = 228
OC12 = 510 – 228 = 282
Now your post would be:
[owner’s name] arc 5 -> 6, P2(57) P1(114)

What about P3, P4 and P5? Modify what you did above like so (ex. using 1.9 thread):
RFP = Remaining FPs to level = TtlFPs –Invested FPs = 510 – 114 – 57 – 282 = 57
P3 = investment for 3rd place = FPR3 times TV, rounded up = 10 x 1.9 = 19
CF3 = coverage factor for 3rd place = FPR3 times TV times 2, round up = 10 x 1.9 x 2 = 38
OC3 = RFP – CF3 = 57 – 38 = 19
Now invest OC3 = 19 more FP, bringing your total investment to 282 + 19 = 301, and Post:
[owner’s name] arc 5 -> 6, P3(19)

As your GB gets to higher levels (like above 10), then it makes sense to calculate P4 and P5; otherwise leave those positions open for lower age players to grab and lessen what you, the owner, need to add to level the GB.

Remember it is bad etiquette/poor gamesmanship to level another player’s GB.