• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should daily challenges...

• Thread starter DeletedUser32927
  • Start date

DeletedUser32927

So I started a new world, a world where i am still in the Iron Age. I have reached the ability to add from my illustrious production of goods to the guild! However the guild does not accept my level of goods or the level before, as so stated/ requested in the daily Quest.

sadly as much as I would like it to participate in donating to my guild that I had just joined. I would like to recommend that the quests for adding Goods to the guild Treasury be exclude for the Iron Age entirely as daily quests.

DeletedUser

So I started a new world, a world where i am still in the Iron Age. I have reached the ability to add from my illustrious production of goods to the guild! However the guild does not accept my level of goods or the level before, as so stated/ requested in the daily Quest.

sadly as much as I would like it to participate in donating to my guild that I had just joined. I would like to recommend that the quests for adding Goods to the guild Treasury be exclude for the Iron Age entirely as daily quests.
If you're in Iron Age, the guild's Treasury will accept Iron Age goods. Your guild may not want them, but you can donate them. And if you're in a guild that forbids Iron Age goods donations, you should find another guild.

DeletedUser32927

Ah... Thank you so Noble kind sir, that explains everything. <Bowes in gratitude>

DeletedUser32927

Age up. Problem solved.
That would be one way to do so, but perhaps I want this world to remain in this age, as I enjoy having world's of different architecture and city designs.

Thank you for your solution.

DeletedUser

Since you CHOOSE to stay in BA, accept the consequences of doing so.
I believe he is in Iron Age, not Bronze. He at least implied this in his OP.
I would like to recommend that the quests for adding Goods to the guild Treasury be exclude for the Iron Age entirely as daily quests.
If he were in Bronze Age, this sentence would make no sense, hence my belief that he is in Iron Age.

DeletedUser30900

I believe he is in Iron Age, not Bronze. He at least implied this in his OP.

If he were in Bronze Age, this sentence would make no sense, hence my belief that he is in Iron Age.
Well, he mentioned his goods can’t be accepted by the guild too. I strongly suspect he ignore the Stone Age and thus think the first two ages are Broze age and Iron Age thus misrepresent what he tried to say

DeletedUser

Well, he mentioned his goods can’t be accepted by the guild too. I strongly suspect he ignore the Stone Age and thus think the first two ages are Broze age and Iron Age thus misrepresent what he tried to say
Looking again, I see that he actually says he is in Iron Age.
So I started a new world, a world where i am still in the Iron Age.
So when he said this:
However the guild does not accept my level of goods
I'm thinking the guild literally has a stated policy of not accepting Iron Age goods as Treasury donations. Not that they can actually prevent someone from donating then anyway, but if they have required donations they may not count Iron Age goods towards that. (I know that's a ridiculous policy, but I've seen worse in my time.)

DeletedUser32927

Well the stone age doesn't give much of anything accept access to the bronze Age. And yes I am in the iron age, as it is the only place to start daily challenges. To a newb I would see this as frustrating, when the guild does not accept goods that my city has been collecting and storing in the bronze age, but are not accepted by the Guild's treasury when the daily challenge states "or previous age"... I know that these goods are necessary for some GB and can be used to trade for other goods. Some newbs may not understand this yet and get frustrated with getting your first few daily challenges with guild Treasury donation request, when you've JUST started the iron age and can't donate to the guild they joined in the bronze age.

I hope this clarifies things a bit, as I love the game and I am just adding thoughts of ease of use. If something frustrates a player too much, they will move on to another game. I have six different cities so far and I have one that is just bronze age, and one that is just iron age the others are progressing nicely thru the ages, one will stop at the middle ages and one my stop at the industrial age, who knows I may just build enough to have one of each age (with the exception of the stone age).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What kind of goofy guild would be rejecting IA donations? They need that to at least cover his weekly GE costs.
And that's exactly why I made my comment about finding another guild. Of course, now that he's clarified that he is just into Iron Age we know that the problem isn't with the guild but with the goods he has available.

DeletedUser32927

Stephen Longshanks, Yesterday at 7:38 PM stated
Because the developers should be using their time to either fix current features or bring us good new features, not wasting it on crap like this.
-----------------
Lacking in customer support are we longs? I don't disagree that this is not a major bug or new features, which are great by the way. I know this is a minor issue, one that didn't require you speaking with your rear. This is a USABILITY and RETAINING customers issue. When I read the words "or before.." that means I should be able to use my goods before my current level, especially when you just get to the point of starting off with daily quests and to be hit with contribute to.. and can't? let's talking about losing interest in a game.

DeletedUser32927

Because the developers should be using their time to either fix current features or bring us good new features, not wasting it on crap like this.
-----------------
Lacking in customer support are we longs? I don't disagree that this is not a major bug or new features, which are great by the way. I know this is a minor issue, one that didn't require you speaking with your rear. This is a USABILITY and RETAINING customers issue. When I read the words "or before.." that means I should be able to use my goods before my current level, especially when you just get to the point of starting off with daily quests and to be hit with contribute to.. and can't? let's talking about losing interest in a game.
fyi, I haven't seen a guild that accepts Bronze age goods.

DeletedUser

-----------------
What you quoted here is my signature, not a specific comment directly connected to this subject. I sympathize with your predicament, and in this thread I have only tried to be helpful.
fyi, I haven't seen a guild that accepts Bronze age goods.
It isn't up to the guild, it is a game wide mechanism that only Iron Age and above goods can be donated to the guild treasury. And that is because there is absolutely no way for the guild to use Bronze Age goods. GvG uses Iron Age to Future Era goods (and medals), and GE uses Iron Age to Virtual Era goods.

DeletedUser32927

What kind of goofy guild would be rejecting IA donations? They need that to at least cover his weekly GE costs.
As a matter of what I have seen from several Guild's I have joined, bronze age goods are not accepted in any guild, only iron age and above. Thus making bronze age goods only usable in a few GBs and trading up for iron age goods. Happy Forging :)

DeletedUser32927

What you quoted here is my signature, not a specific comment directly connected to this subject. I sympathize with your predicament, and in this thread I have only tried to be helpful.

It isn't up to the guild, it is a game wide mechanism that only Iron Age and above goods can be donated to the guild treasury. And that is because there is absolutely no way for the guild to use Bronze Age goods. GvG uses Iron Age to Future Era goods (and medals), and GE uses Iron Age to Virtual Era goods.
Yeah I am seeing that big time, so far as I just posted a similar reply to an above response. I found what you have stated here to be true. My only question now is how do you get into GvG? I do GEs but still haven't figured out how to get into GvG or even how they work can you point me in the right direction...

DeletedUser

My only question now is how do you get into GvG? I do GEs but still haven't figured out how to get into GvG or even how they work can you point me in the right direction...
Playing on PC it is the bottom right button in the lower left corner of the screen. It's not available on the app.

DeletedUser30312

As a matter of what I have seen from several Guild's I have joined, bronze age goods are not accepted in any guild, only iron age and above. Thus making bronze age goods only usable in a few GBs and trading up for iron age goods. Happy Forging :)

You can't donate BA goods to the treasury, that's a game mechanic, not a guild choice. BA goods aren't used in GvG or the GE, so there's no reason for the guild to need them anyway.