• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I build Notre Dame?

Just An Observer

Space Needle pairs well with Innovation Tower if one has a city with a large population.

Virgo combines with AO and Kraken to deliver a trio of lower percentage boosts to an attack. When the chances are smaller, having more chances helps the cause.

Rain Forest Project is one to get early on so the blueprints can add up. I like getting the goods since Negotiations is my strong suit.

Star Gazer would be a nice help for keeping the previous era goods in balance for Negotiating.

Blue Galaxy is a huge boost to those with special event/settlement buildings with solid payoffs. A doubled Crow's Nest or Shinto Temple is fantastic!

Seed Vault offers a decent amount of supplies while letting Aiding get some rewards. By the time one adds up the Neighbors, Friends and those in one's Guild, getting some payoffs despite the low percentage is almost guaranteed.

LoA is always needed. Why? One must keep some supply factories around for quests during special events. Even if a player does not run recursion, having a solid supply base with a good boost pays off.

ToR is an essential for those who play GE. Most everyone does.

SMB is a need for recursion cities since the coins need to keep up with the supplies. There are some larger requirements to pay off during special events too. One does not need to level a SMB up very much to get a lot for the FP's invested.

Truce Tower can be played various ways. Either go for same era goods or set up your Friends list to maximize the acquisition of later era goods (if you are lower era) or for lower era goods if you are SAAB. The supplies add a nice boost too.

Atomiums are for high level players who already have Arc 80's, high level Statue of Honors and Observatories. Keeping the guild treasury filled means a lot so plenty of desired buildings can be built. Look at the guilds playing Diamond League to see lots of players whose point values are in the hundreds of millions. That is who needs to step up to place Atomiums.

In the final analysis, some GB's are universal in their applicability while others do require certain circumstances to be of real benefit. Sometimes what works well early is not so hot later on while higher era players will need some GB's that do little for lower era and/or lower rated players.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Space Needle pairs well with Innovation Tower if one has a city with a large population.

LoA is always needed. Why? One must keep some supply factories around for quests during special events. Even if a player does not run recursion, having a solid supply base with a good boost pays off.

SMB is a need for recursion cities since the coins need to keep up with the supplies. There are some larger requirements to pay off during special events too. One does not need to level a SMB up very much to get a lot for the FP's invested.

LoA is good in the beginning up to about level 10, then delete it when you get your HC running, then rebuild it in later eras where it can be quite valuable again, and space isn't at as much of a premium.

SMB is really not worth the fp or space, since there is a better alternative. Maybe in late game like the LoA, but by then you are swimming in so many coins it really isn't worth it.

Neither of these is really needed though. A decently leveled Chateau and HC will give all the coin and supplies you need (far more than you'll collect from LoA or SMB in earlier eras for the same fp input), plus the Chateau will give all the goods you need, removing the need for goods buildings. That also frees up a lot of space in your city.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Bad list. If Cape is already objectively bright red how can a Kraken even be Green?
I think you misread the colors. Cape is listed as green. I actually think that list is pretty much spot on. I might put Kraken at yellow, ToR at green, and Obs and Atom at yellow, but that is personal preference, and I can see the case for where they put those.

Kranyar the Mysterious

You got HC easy? Hip-hip-hooray for you! Not many players can say that. They can use ND however.
With a good guild anyone can get any commonly leveled building they want quite easily in any era, prints and goods. Anyone can join a good guild if they just exert a bit of initiative.

If someone chooses to stay in a cruddy guild and build marginal buildings, that is their choice, but it isn't good advice to tell players looking for information to follow that path.

WendyEJ

Random.dude

That is an awesome list Now if I can just remember where I read it for the future.
Wrote your name down so I go back to it when I get that far

Kranyar the Mysterious

I read someone describe their St Marks bringing an extra five million Coins, and that (for them) was an additional five Forge Points. Made me stop and realize how many Fps they bought to be a a Million each. Gee I want to be that person too. And they were correct, adding St Marks has greatly increasing my Coins (due mostly to having a lot of Event Buildings with big Coins (if all I had were houses why care about a St Marks. so it depends on your city)
And yes I spend them on Forge Points
True, but over how much time was that 5 million coins gained above what they would have gotten elsewise?

With a level 62 Chateau you would get that 5 million coins in 10 days from collecting the building. Mine at 100 gives almost a million a day, and I certainly didn't level it with the main intent to get the coins, that was the frosting on the cake.

To get a Chateau from level 1 to 62 would cost an owner just under 19k fp with 1.9 Arc donations.

To get a 500% boost from SMB (level 60) would take about 14.5k fp with 1.9 donations and give 75 goods (which is less than 3 recurring quests that give goods with a 62 Chateau). That 500% boost would require you to collect about 90k coins per day in your first 90 collections to equal a 62 Chateau, after that it does nothing while the Chateau keeps on giving.

If you really don't want to do recurring quests, then go for the SMB, but if you are willing to do a reasonable amount of recurring quests daily then the Chateau blows the SMB out of the water.

WendyEJ

So my question is should I build Triumphal Arch??

What does it give me in return?? Is it worth it??

So my question is should I build Triumphal Arch??

What does it give me in return?? Is it worth it??

Triumphal Arch is a cultural building (Iron Age) in your build menu. It is not a Great Building. It gives happiness (only) to the people in your city. You can build it any time you want to with the proper of amount of coins and supplies, as many as you want. When you delete it, all you will lose is that amount of happiness.

I used to have 3, but deleted them after I got to higher ages and events that gave me more buildings with more happiness.

Plain Red Justice

I think you misread the colors. Cape is listed as green. I actually think that list is pretty much spot on. I might put Kraken at yellow, ToR at green, and Obs and Atom at yellow, but that is personal preference, and I can see the case for where they put those.
Naaah Cape is like, stealthily one of the worst GBs in the game that heavily relies on swap thread wins for the ROI to not be so abysmal to be even considered inside a high end city. Like what can someone expect out of a GB that asks so much FPs for a +1 per day? If I didn't level my Cape for almost completely free I would have discarded it by now without second thought

At the very least it's somewhat cheap nevertheless it's still a bright bright red to me. But Kraken? Where would you use it for, some "high attrition" wins out of like what 10k advances average during a farming season? City defense? lol

Just An Observer

LoA is good in the beginning up to about level 10, then delete it when you get your HC running, then rebuild it in later eras where it can be quite valuable again, and space isn't at as much of a premium.

SMB is really not worth the fp or space, since there is a better alternative. Maybe in late game like the LoA, but by then you are swimming in so many coins it really isn't worth it.

Neither of these is really needed though. A decently leveled Chateau and HC will give all the coin and supplies you need (far more than you'll collect from LoA or SMB in earlier eras for the same fp input), plus the Chateau will give all the goods you need, removing the need for goods buildings. That also frees up a lot of space in your city.

It appears you have some good experience with high level Chateaus. I appreciate the POV you have from that side of life. It will get more focus from me. Also, I enjoyed your take on The Rocket and FP's. You have some good food for thought! :)

Kranyar the Mysterious

Naaah Cape is like, stealthily one of the worst GBs in the game that heavily relies on swap thread wins for the ROI to not be so abysmal to be even considered inside a high end city. Like what can someone expect out of a GB that asks so much FPs for a +1 per day? If I didn't level my Cape for almost completely free I would have discarded it by now without second thought

At the very least it's somewhat cheap nevertheless it's still a bright bright red to me. But Kraken? Where would you use it for, some "high attrition" wins out of like what 10k advances average during a farming season? City defense? lol
You could make the same argument for many great buildings, especially at higher levels. Very few of them are worth the fp investment vs. return without getting 1.x investments.

As to swaps, I avoid them like the plague unless I see one where I am guaranteed a profit, and I usually don't bother to look since I can make a guaranteed profit everytime on a 1.8, 1.85 or 1.9 thread for a whole lot less effort.

Plain Red Justice

You could make the same argument for many great buildings, especially at higher levels.
Not true, at least for attack GBs they eventually lead to less unit swaps and more two-one shots leading to a higher advances per second. Hyperleveling both your Arc and a Chateau, which happen to be both skill/timebased GBs, the limits of their utility only depends both on the player's skill and allotted time. These are always very worth it to just dump FPs on without a single care to immediate returns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Not true, at least for attack GBs they eventually lead to less unit swaps and more two-one shots leading to a higher advances per second. Hyperleveling both your Arc and a Chateau, which happen to be both skill/timebased GBs, the limits of their utility only depends both on the player's skill and allotted time. These are always very worth it to just dump FPs on without a single care to immediate returns.
Which is why I said many great buildings, not all. Even the Arc has it's limit at level 180, and I'm sure taking a TA to level 400 might not be worth the fp put in either, but that is purely a judgement call. Heck, even as much as I'd love a level 400 Chateau, I'm not sure the fp spent would justify the reward.

The only real answer is build it if you want and don't build it if you don't. Listening to all the voices here may only serve to confuse you, but what it also might show you is that there are numerous ways in which one can successfully play this game and ALL of them are valid to the individual player. Despite what some may argue, the only "winning" in this game is based out of the individual players set as a goal and then actively pursues to achieve. In otherwords, whether or not you build a building, or any decision you will make while playing this game, can only be correct if you, as the player decides it is correct for you. I truly wish more players would just do what they decide to do rather than listening to everything that the "experienced" players are telling them to do. Stop being a bunch of lemmings and swim on your own you beautiful fish! (and yes, I get that the OP was asking for advice on this issue, and that is what most of the responses have offered....my point is why does it matter what anyone else thinks, play this game the way you decide because there is NO right way to play outside of the way each individual player decides to play. Let the ego go and free yourselves.)