• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I build St.Mark's Basilica or the Hagia Sofia?

Algona

Neither.

I'm not a big fan of SMB even if you are Coin light, that takes care of itself as you acquire Coin producing SBs from DCs and Events.

Hagia is the best designed GB in the game. Not so much because it's an amazing GB, but because top notch players have been arguing about it for years. I won't bother rehashing the arguments, I think you have better use for the space though.

Instead of either of those two...

Ace, you've got 2K fights under your belt, that's an impressive amount. Hopefully you're going deep in GE and GBG.

IF you are doing a lot of GE. my recommendation is get ToR.

After ToR, keep increasing your fighting capability. Lvl your CoA and Zeus to 10, add CdM, run it up to 10, then Traz and run that up high as you can.

Fighting GE and GBG combined with maximizing Events and DCs will give you the Resource income (especially FPs!) needed to get into the intermediate game of Arc and Chateau acquisition and leveling.

Good luck!

----------

If you are having either or both Happiness or Coin production problems, say so and ask for advice on which, I'll be happy to help.

ahsay

That is not a good choice...you need better options. But if you have the space and nothing better...it's not really a discussion. Hagia.

If you do build it, level it quickly but I wouldn't invest too much because you'll probably need the space later and you'll want to dump it.

Last edited:

Mustapha00

I play on five servers.

On my first three, I planted a Hagia and levelled it up sporadically. I think my highest one is maybe low 20s. On my last two, I did not build it at all and I can say that I do not miss it. Yes, the FP are good and have essentially no cap: if you're willing to invest the thousands of FP necessary, you'll get another FP roughly every two levels until you begin to question your sanity (true of all such slogs in the game- once I get my fifth Arc to 80, I'm done with them. probably anyway). But practically every single Event has a reward that, when fully upgraded, gives FP plus a whole bunch of other goodies. Probably like most other players, I wish the thing were smaller because space is the most scarce resource in this game.

I think I have a SMB on four of my five servers. If you are going to pursue a strategery of buying FP with coins, then you'd be well served by planting one and raising it a few levels. And the Goods are a nice bonus. However, it really doesn't take all that long before you'll amass more Coins than you know what to do with (remember: the first billion is always the hardest!), so, again, you have a rather large GB that is at least only somewhat useful.

Falconwing

I would no longer recommend either to a new player.

I never made the SMB, never saw the value with a Babel and a LoA. I did make the Hagia. When I was a new player, you needed every source of fp's you could get, prizes were not as abundant as they are now. I manage to keep my Hagia cause I had leveled it to where it was always a bit better than something else and it avoided the chopping block. Now it is level 70 and makes 42 fp's/day, one per space. I would tell a newer player to avoid it though. Until you can hyper level it, it's a brick now days. When you get to the point to where you have your Cape, AO, and Kraken leveled and want a new fp GB, get a Hagia. Until then, wait.

Just An Observer

The recursion combo I run is Himeji/Chateau/LoA/SMB. Himeji and LoA take care of supplies while SMB handles the coins side of things when using Happy Unbirthday. Raise SMB as needed but it does not take as much leveling to be useful as the other 3 GB's mentioned.

HS for a F2P player is fine. I prefer Cape Canaveral AKA The Rocket since I am a Diamond player. Less space for the same function.

Goth Almighty

The SMB gives goods plus coins. Granted, coins are the least difficult commodity to obtain but goods are one of the most. The HS gives happiness, which is important and fps, also, very important. But you are going to have to fight in this game: no way around it. The necessary GBs for fighters are the CoA, Zeus, Traz and CdM. The Traz will provide all the happiness you'll ever need and the CdM gives the same amount of fps as the HS. If you want more fps, the Cape is the smart alternative: twice the fps as any other GB in a small space (5x5). Lastly, the HS takes a huge amount of space. Use that space for a Traz instead.

I saw alot of people have St.Marks or the Hagia Sophia, but i'm concerned about the space it takes up ...
I was a big supporter of SMB and HS. I have found some event buildings, example harvest barn collection, provides just as much happiness, goods, fp's, coins and other perks as those two gb's put together. I'm sure they're great once they reach a high level. But are they really worth investing hundreds of thousands of fp's?
I'm a quester, my population is low and my coin production is low. My newest world is only 2 months. My GB's are Zeus, LOA, CF and Arc. My next gb was going to be an SMB. My CF is only a level 6 but has significantly increased my coin and goods production from questing to a point I'm thinking I dont need the SMB even without the barn collection. I decided to continue leveling my CF instead and save the space for more alchemist, more quest.

Just An Observer

I was a big supporter of SMB and HS. I have found some event buildings, example harvest barn collection, provides just as much happiness, goods, fp's, coins and other perks as those two gb's put together. I'm sure they're great once they reach a high level. But are they really worth investing hundreds of thousands of fp's?
I'm a quester, my population is low and my coin production is low. My newest world is only 2 months. My GB's are Zeus, LOA, CF and Arc. My next gb was going to be an SMB. My CF is only a level 6 but has significantly increased my coin and goods production from questing to a point I'm thinking I dont need the SMB even without the barn collection. I decided to continue leveling my CF instead and save the space for more alchemist, more quest.

Seeing your Fallout logo reminded me of when I was thinking of buying a PS4 to play the latest edition. Then along came FoE when the pandemic hit. Now I am very happy with FoE so I am asking how you compare the two games in any way you would like.

The recursion combo I run is Himeji/Chateau/LoA/SMB. Himeji and LoA take care of supplies while SMB handles the coins side of things when using Happy Unbirthday. Raise SMB as needed but it does not take as much leveling to be useful as the other 3 GB's mentioned.
I'm guessing a high enough CF could keep up with Unbirthday. Will I still need an SMB?

Seeing your Fallout logo reminded me of when I was thinking of buying a PS4 to play the latest edition. Then along came FoE when the pandemic hit. Now I am very happy with FoE so I am asking how you compare the two games in any way you would like.
Love Fallout 3. One of the top games ever made. I'm back to playing this since I got my wife hooked on it, lol. Funny, for years she gave me so much grief for spending time on war games like Evony, then FOE. Otherwise I would probably be playing Fallout. I compromised with her, no gvg. Seems to be working well. Heck, might even play a little Fallout in my spare time.

What great about FOE is it's an massive multi player online game. You cant undo a mistake online, you have to be on top of your game, all the time. Where a video game can be saved, then returned to the save point if you make a bad choice. Video games can also be more action packed where online war games is like playing chess for me, but maybe checkers for others.

Last edited:

Just An Observer

I'm guessing a high enough CF could keep up with Unbirthday. Will I still need an SMB?

Watch the drawdown of both coins and supplies in order to know where SMB needs to be set. You are right about a high enough level for CF being able to make the recurring quest even more powerful.

SMB is useful if you are in need of coins. SMB also produces a decent amount of goods. HS gives fp (very useful) and happiness (somewhat useful to useful depending on your stage of advancement). But instead of building a HS, I would recommend either CC or CDM. CC gives much more fp and takes much less space while CDM is also quite a bit smaller and has an fp production equal to HS and also gives attacking army boost (which I find much more useful that happiness). To summarize: SMB is useful if you need coins, HS is less useful as there are many better GBs to build first.

67Sage101

I would no longer recommend either to a new player.

... I manage to keep my Hagia cause I had leveled it to where it was always a bit better than something else and it avoided the chopping block. Now it is level 70 and makes 42 fp's/day, one per space. I would tell a newer player to avoid it though....

What I would like to know is how do you get BP's for hagia when hardly anyone levels it. I can only get to level 12 and noone I know is leveling theirs. They really need to add a perk to it to make it relevant for more players. Even if players like you get an instant perk out of it, what would be the issue ?