• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I dump my Hanami Bridge?

jsc29

I have a level 2 Hanami Bridge which I got in the Spring 2020 event. It has some fond memories for me, because I just started playing and it was my first special building.

However, in the grand scheme of things, it is not really helping. The extra happiness is not useful because I have over 10,000 excess happiness right now. The gold is also pretty pitiful. I am getting 20x that amount of gold from my airships and hippodromes now and I don't even need gold. I've got like 3M gold and I am in LMA. So, I don't really need the gold either.

At level 10 the bridge looks like it is pretty good because I can get 10 FP for it, which is 24/10 = 2.4 tiles per FP which is good, much better than my SOKs. However, to get this I will need EIGHT upgrades and I never see any upgrades on the auction house. So, what is the deal? Do I have to wait until next spring to get more upgrades? It doesn't seem worth it to carry a useless building for almost a year in hopes of getting a possibly useful set of upgrades a long time from now.

Jern2017

Personally, I'd wait till next year. It's very likely an upgrade/selection kit for it will appear as a Daily Special.

You don't see the upgrades for it in the Antiques Dealer because the Bridge hasn't been out long enough.

Patience is the key here - wait and you'll be able to fully upgrade it by getting the upgrades from the next Spring event or the AD sooner or later.

Nicholas002

I have a level 2 Hanami Bridge which I got in the Spring 2020 event. It has some fond memories for me, because I just started playing and it was my first special building.

However, in the grand scheme of things, it is not really helping. The extra happiness is not useful because I have over 10,000 excess happiness right now. The gold is also pretty pitiful. I am getting 20x that amount of gold from my airships and hippodromes now and I don't even need gold. I've got like 3M gold and I am in LMA. So, I don't really need the gold either.

At level 10 the bridge looks like it is pretty good because I can get 10 FP for it, which is 24/10 = 2.4 tiles per FP which is good, much better than my SOKs. However, to get this I will need EIGHT upgrades and I never see any upgrades on the auction house. So, what is the deal? Do I have to wait until next spring to get more upgrades? It doesn't seem worth it to carry a useless building for almost a year in hopes of getting a possibly useful set of upgrades a long time from now.
I started halfway through the spring event as well, and only got my bridge to level 6. it is not very efficient at that level either, but I'm hanging on to it to finish it next year, like @Jern2017 says. If you only have it on level 2, you may be better off storing it... don't just delete or sell it though...

Farfle the smelly

I was JUST having this convo with my guildies about aesthetics and nostalgia. It really boils down to you. Not to Mari Kondo you, but if the bridge makes you happy (I actually snorted when I read that, picturing you walking across the bridge lost in memories, I’m a dork), then keep it until your game forces you to sell it. One of my guildies mentioned how long it took her to get rid of her goat farm, even! It’s your game, play it however you wish. If it’s not damaging your progress any, then why change it?

In the interim, try to get a store building kit, if you desperately need to replace it with something more efficient. Then bring that bad boy back out after you win an upgrade.

DevaCat

What they said, use the store kit and place something that will help you in the meantime while you wait to get upgrades if you like what it will do at level 10.

Real lesson here is to always decide the minimum level an event building must be to make it worth placing, and then wait until you at least have gotten that number of upgrades from the event before you place it. Saves storage kits, and I bet most of us have been there at least once lol.

jsc29

Real lesson here is to always decide the minimum level an event building must be to make it worth placing, and then wait until you at least have gotten that number of upgrades from the event before you place it. Saves storage kits, and I bet most of us have been there at least once lol.

Well, when I was in the Iron Age it was really useful at Level 2.

Falconwing

Got a store building item? Store it. Holding it for a year in the hopes of getting the other upgrades can bite you in the ass cause you might not get any, or enough to make it helpful.

I got into the habit of not building the event buildings until after the event is over. That way, you know exactly what you're getting. Some prizes are decent at lower levels, but many kind of suck if they aren't maxed out or at least one from max.

Tytan the Great

Store it. It won’t hurt to keep in inventory, then when the upgrade kit shows up, you can decide if it’s still worth it then to upgrade or sell. You never know.

Lancer

I got into the habit of not building the event buildings until after the event is over. That way, you know exactly what you're getting. Some prizes are decent at lower levels, but many kind of suck if they aren't maxed out or at least one from max.

I too have been practicing this for the last several events. If I didn't like what the end result was going to be, with all the upgrades, then I would keep it in the inventory or sell it in the AD to possibly help acquire a potential upgrade for another prior event building. This has already proven to have worked for me, twice now I was able to upgrade buildings to their last possible upgraded status. I'm pretty sure it was for the Ship(which I chose the pirate ship,) and the other was pillar of heroes.

For this last event, the amount of space taken by the buildings versus what I would get from it, it was a no-brainer personally. I got rid of them all that I acquired through this event through the AD to wait for something nice to become available in the AD.

Nicholas002

For this last event, the amount of space taken by the buildings versus what I would get from it, it was a no-brainer personally. I got rid of them all that I acquired through this event through the AD to wait for something nice to become available in the AD.
Are you joking?
The maxed hippodrome set has the best production per space unit of any event building! It’s FP production is on par with a SoK level 2. But it is more space efficient than a SoK 2 because it requires less road connections per tile.

On top of that, it produces goods coins supplies medals population and happiness AND defense boost for the attacking army!

add tracks to it, and it becomes even better!!

what makes you think this set is not the most efficient event building known to FoE?

BruteForceAttack

if you get a store building store it away and use the space for something else.

Graviton

If it’s more efficient why wouldn’t you delete or store something less efficient to make room for it? I had to store 2 lord’s manors to place my hippodrome.

I would delete those in favor of the Hippo too, if I hadn't already ditched them long ago. Not a great example, but that's still a valid question. Efficiency is one measure of value, but then it depends on exactly what is being efficiently produced and how valued that is. I don't need more goods, I produced a large surplus already. I really don't need a handful more FPs, I'm producing around 250/day now which is plenty for me, so far. I don't plunder and I do pretty well already in GE and Battlegrounds; iIf I had more time for those features I might want more defense for my attacking army but as it stands I don't need it. So the efficiency of the building means far less to me than all the room it takes up. Maybe it'll find a home in one of my cities someday, but probably I'll sell them in the AD. I have 13 tracks in one city, there's no way in hell I'm using all of those.

Nicholas002

I would delete those in favor of the Hippo too, if I hadn't already ditched them long ago. Not a great example, but that's still a valid question. Efficiency is one measure of value, but then it depends on exactly what is being efficiently produced and how valued that is. I don't need more goods, I produced a large surplus already. I really don't need a handful more FPs, I'm producing around 250/day now which is plenty for me, so far. I don't plunder and I do pretty well already in GE and Battlegrounds; iIf I had more time for those features I might want more defense for my attacking army but as it stands I don't need it. So the efficiency of the building means far less to me than all the room it takes up. Maybe it'll find a home in one of my cities someday, but probably I'll sell them in the AD. I have 13 tracks in one city, there's no way in hell I'm using all of those.
Ok, but if you don’t need more goods, FPS or military boosts then you probably don’t need anything. In that case why play the event at all?

Graviton

Ok, but if you don’t need more goods, FPS or military boosts then you probably don’t need anything. In that case why play the event at all?

I may not want or need it right now. Doesn't mean I never will. I have 7 cities, maybe I place it one or two at some point and probably never in others. If nothing else it's fodder for the AD. I've been playing for going on 5 years, learned a long time ago there's nothing immediate about this game.

Plain Red Justice

what makes you think this set is not the most efficient event building known to FoE?
It is the most efficient so far but like all event buildings, their final destination is always towards the AD. If you got a bunch of Rousoi tracks then it is valuable for your still new city if you can't afford Sentinel towers. The Def stat would truly last long even for a midgame city

But as for the other stats and even a bunch of Leukoi tracks? Naaah. An easily achievable level 20 Chateau can do all of those in a few seconds or 5 minutes at worst in a 6x6 tile, for FREE and is repeatable

Nicholas002

But as for the other stats and even a bunch of Leukoi tracks? Naaah. An easily achievable level 20 Chateau can do all of those in a few seconds or 5 minutes at worst in a 6x6 tile, for FREE and is repeatable
please explain how a Chateau at any level gives you 28 FP per day, and 64% defense for your attacking army.
I will be fascinated to find out!

Agent327

It is the most efficient so far but like all event buildings, their final destination is always towards the AD. If you got a bunch of Rousoi tracks then it is valuable for your still new city if you can't afford Sentinel towers. The Def stat would truly last long even for a midgame city

One Rousoi track is equal to 3 sentinal towers. If you have "a bunch" you don't have to be able to afford sentinal towers.

Leukoi track gives fp's. Chateau level 20 can't do that. Not in a few seconds, not in 5 minutes, not even in 5 days.