• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I get rid of my Innovation tower?

ScreamingZiva

I'm debating whether or not to get rid of my Innovation Tower. It is currently level 6 and I am in the Colonial Age. Due to all of my event buildings, I collect almost 200 FPs a day and I have 27,445 extra population. I'm finding that I've had to start putting down happiness buildings and decorations just to keep my people happy. I really don't see myself leveling it much further until I can level my Alcatraz and Hagia Sophia (both level 12) higher. It's only giving me 3 FPs a day and I think that space can probably be used for something more beneficial. Any suggestions?

UBERhelp1

Personally, I have never seen the need for an Inno nowadays with all the event buildings. Since it is at such a low level, that makes it all the cheaper to delete it. There's a lot of stuff you can fit into the space it takes up, and if you feel that would be better than the benefits from the IT (at this point just FP because you don't need the pop) then delete it.

Rabbi.

At that level it makes sense to delete it and build it later in the game at the end of the Tech tree. You will likely need FP buildings.

RazorbackPirate

I recently deleted mine in both cities and used the space to build Himeji. I don't miss the 4 FPs per day, or the pop.

Agent327

I'm debating whether or not to get rid of my Innovation Tower. It is currently level 6 and I am in the Colonial Age. Due to all of my event buildings, I collect almost 200 FPs a day and I have 27,445 extra population. I'm finding that I've had to start putting down happiness buildings and decorations just to keep my people happy. I really don't see myself leveling it much further until I can level my Alcatraz and Hagia Sophia (both level 12) higher. It's only giving me 3 FPs a day and I think that space can probably be used for something more beneficial. Any suggestions?

Actually it does not really matter what you do. Everyone is entitled to play the game they want, but the way you are doing it does not make sense at all. Judging from your city you have spend a nice amount op money, but for what? You are in Colonial, your city is focussed on fighting and yet you have fought a whopping number of 823 battles.

Suggestion, make up your mind what you want.

Mustapha00

Given where you are currently in game, I would advise getting rid of your Innovation Tower.

As stated above, Inno seems fixated on Event buildings that give absolutely massive amounts of population. Some have a (very welcome) bonus to Happiness, but others do not. I've found that I am having to allocate more (very valuable) space to+ Happiness structures and/or working to level GBs that add to Happiness, which was not in my plans before Inno's push. The only reason I haven't deleted mine is that they are level 10, which gives a nice 6fp per day.

Now I did delete a level 10 Habitat a while back, but that was because the Habitat makes even less sense than an Inno does right now.

Emberguard

Depends on two things
(1) will you be rebuilding it again?
(2) how long from now until you rebuild?

It’s cost you so far 1,430 FPs to lvl it up. It also provides 3 FPs. This doesn’t factor in cost to gather the goods to build

Over the time that you’ll be without a Inno you’ll need to put in the same space something that generates more then its cost so far +3 (current output). Anything less and you’d be wasting your FPs deleting it. If you’ll need to re-purchase goods or originally bought goods then you’ll need to add those amounts to the cost you need to re-coup

Do keep in mind you said you’re needing extra space dedicated to happiness Buildings. So when working out what you’d put in the space the Inno takes up I’d include the happiness buildings as being apart of the space Inno takes up if you’d no longer need them once Inno goes

On the other hand if you’re never going to lvl up the Inno then you only need to replace it with something greater then 3 FPs

Last edited:

DeletedUser29726

I wouldn't delete it now that you built it (for some of the reasons ember stated above). But I also never would've built it in the first place in a low-age camping world (many do but imo no low age city needs that kind of population and you hear all kinds of horror stories of it getting leveled up further than the owner wants in an age where they can't handle that kind of happiness need).

Eventually in a high age the population it provides might be an asset rather than a problem, and at the very least should not be too big a problem to cope with.

With that in mind I'd suggest if it doesn't conflict with your plans for other reasons, the most obvious solution to your dilemma is to get teching and reno your better event buildings that provide happiness every 2-3 ages. Non-GB culture/square improves remarkably as you go up in ages.

DreadfulCadillac

Depends on two things
(1) will you be rebuilding it again?
(2) how long from now until you rebuild?

It’s cost you so far 1,430 FPs to lvl it up. It also provides 3 FPs. This doesn’t factor in cost to gather the goods to build

Over the time that you’ll be without a Inno you’ll need to put in the same space something that generates more then its cost so far +3 (current output). Anything less and you’d be wasting your FPs deleting it. If you’ll need to re-purchase goods or originally bought goods then you’ll need to add those amounts to the cost you need to re-coup

Do keep in mind you said you’re needing extra space dedicated to happiness Buildings. So when working out what you’d put in the space the Inno takes up I’d include the happiness buildings as being apart of the space Inno takes up if you’d no longer need them once Inno goes

On the other hand if you’re never going to lvl up the Inno then you only need to replace it with something greater then 3 FPs
on an extablished server, inno sets arent that exspensive.....50FP or less of mars goods(probs alot less) should get you an inno set by downtrading so...
even replacing with a terrace farm, you would make back all fp eventualy.

Emberguard

Yes but that’s still a cost that needs to be factored in. If you are downtrading you’ve still got to have the network necessary to do so. It’s quicker and easier to buy direct or closer to age then the latest age

And sure a terrace farm would make it back eventually. But if you’re intending to rebuild then a terrace farm (if all goods were free) would take 715 days or just under 2 years to break even. No gains just break even on what you already spent prior. Are they going to be without an inno for more then 2 years?

DeletedUser30312

I'd advise against getting rid of it for now. He's only in CA, and if he eventually levels to higher ages, he may need the population. Of course that depends on how he builds his city in the first place. The biggest population sinks are goods producers and military barracks, and it's easier to avoid them these days than it was in the past.

Jern2017

I'm in the Modern Era. A while ago when I decided I will fight my way through the GE, I got rid of all my goods buildings, so the only buildings that require a larger amount of population are two Terrace Farms and one military building I use to get units from my Alcatraz.

My Innovation Tower is at level 8. I have 38.674 total population and 33.465 available population. I considered deleting it, but I want to level it more so it becomes a good FP producer, I'm just wondering if having the Alcatraz as the only happiness providing GB will be enough.

DeletedUser29726

Level 76 Traz = 31k happiness.
Level 60 Inno = 37k population.

Roads could probably make up the difference there, but you'd still need to cover any event pop sources' happiness needs too.

Level 55 Hagia = 15k happiness
can help out too (about same efficiency of raising as inno is in terms of FP RoI time).

These numbers all obviously can keep going up, but they've slowed down by this point such that they won't really change that drastically.

UBERhelp1

Level 76 Traz = 31k happiness.
Level 60 Inno = 37k population.

Roads could probably make up the difference there, but you'd still need to cover any event pop sources' happiness needs too.

Level 55 Hagia = 15k happiness
can help out too (about same efficiency of raising as inno is in terms of FP RoI time).

These numbers all obviously can keep going up, but they've slowed down by this point such that they won't really change that drastically.
Actually, isn't HS slightly better because it is lower age?

DeletedUser29726

Actually, isn't HS slightly better because it is lower age?

No because of the PME-CE anomaly that wasn't corrected until AF (total FP to level stays flat at the same as a ME GB, but rewards go up. In TE the cost started going up again but only at the rate of 1 age difference. In AF they did a 3-age sized jump so that the cost would be like the PME-CE anomaly never happened). And the higher the arc bonus you receive the more inno pulls ahead. At 1.9 inno is slightly cheaper than hagia to take from 1 through the sweet spot I believe.

Essentially CE through FE GBs with arc support are as easy or easier to level than low era GBs and PME is significantly cheaper than it should be as well. Other than that anomaly though the general rule of 'higher is harder' does hold true.

Edit: 10-60 approximate numbers from old spreadsheet:
with 85% arc support:
hagia = ~12500 own FPs
inno = ~11500 own FPs
so including the 1-10 cost which would be higher for inno they'd be about the same.

with 90% arc support though:
hagia = ~11200 own FPs
inno = ~9500 own FPs
inno should overall be cheaper

Last edited by a moderator: