• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I stay or should I go?

DeletedUser29318

I belong to a level 17 Guild with 24 members, My
self and another player have been participating in GVG (with the Guilds approval) and we noticed that the treasury goods are running low for that Era so we asked for assistance from the other guild members to help and we were told that if we want to continue to do GVG we have replace whatever we use because the rest of the guild is concerned that they won't be able to do GE. Besides that I'm being sniped in the FP swap boards now. I've already donated thousands of goods to the Treasury for that era and have hundreds of Troops defending the sectors that we own. Should I stay or should I go?

DeletedUser32009

I would join a guild that participated in the activities I enjoy. You won't be losing anything since others will be donating as well so the guild can GvG together as a team. It is a lot of fun!

DeletedUser9624

If you desire to GvG then you should find a Guild that focuses on GvG and has the support in place to sustain long campaigns, the backing of Leadership, and the encouragement of players to donate/participate in the the taking and defense of sectors. RESEARCH the Guild before you join willy-nilly. All too often peeps fail to do that and often find the grass isnt any greener and encounter the same issues that caused them to leave their previous Guild. RESEARCH! Ask around. Message some of the members of the prospective Guild. Talk to friends about the Guild in question. Do your homework and make a decision that way. Good luck!

Woody*

There is a spectrum of guilds between non-GVG guilds and serious GvG guilds. It sounds like your guild isn't as serious as you are, and I would consider finding one moreso if the frustration is greater than your loyalty to your current guild. I agree 100% that you want to research prospective guilds, including finding out if they are actively fighting, or if they are just holding onto what was gained long ago by fighters that have since moved on.

I would caution you to leave your current guild because of the sniping, however. Inno has designed the game in a way that it's impossible to stop neighbors and friends from sniping (although you can control it by keeping levels above 10 unlocked and/or disconnecting your GBs from roads until the donors you want on it are available to post). Combined with the profits that can be earned by high level Arc owners, you should expect sniping in almost every guild...

Woody*

It is possible to find guilds that discourage sniping. The problem is that they leave themselves vulnerable to sniping by outsiders. If sniping in-guild bothers you enough, you might want to accept that risk, just understand it doesn't eliminate the risk.

DeletedUser26113

I would join a guild that participated in the activities I enjoy. You won't be losing anything since others will be donating as well so the guild can GvG together as a team. It is a lot of fun!
If your are still looking for a GVG guild we are in just about every age in GVG.