• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

should we stop plundering ????

Why not Inno just fix the "1+7" situation? Getting defeated by normal troops by good tactics should be acceptable and actually increases the playing experience.

Farfle the smelly

If it’s a unsolicited contribution with the intent to take a spot I’ll call it sniping

If the owner is using swaps with the intent to secure spots and then bump the swap partner off, and hasn’t informed the swap partner will be bumped down then I’ll call it organised sniping.

if they’re a guild member you should always ask first. If they’re a friend it depends on your relationship with that player and what you’re intending the friends list to be. Neighbours you don’t need to get permission from (even the game says neighbours could be friends or enemies) but don’t expect them to be happy about you adding FPs if you don’t ask
I had no idea about this etiquette! I had one guild that rarely communicated so I’d been dumping my extras on them thinking I was helping them level. Oops? I have a neighbor who I’ve casually pinpointed as a good dumping ground (he has excellent GBs) and he just encouraged me to diversify my co tributions a bit more (ahem, I was aiming for Arc).

I wish the etiquette was mentioned somewhere besides here. Us youngsters apparently step all over your toes! I’ll certainly reach out to my folks now and make things a little more official. Thank you, as usual, for the VERY HELPFUL feedback.

Emberguard

I had no idea about this etiquette! I had one guild that rarely communicated so I’d been dumping my extras on them thinking I was helping them level. Oops?
Top guilds and top players tend to be more organised in these things because the players in them have a certain mindset. Those that are after the big wins instead of the little wins. Those that min/max everything. Those that know how to optimise and achieve rapid growth are the ones that are going to catch onto how to grow their GBs faster by making deals with others.

If you're in a more relaxed guild it might not matter so much. But it is something you should get into the habit of asking if you ever want to get into a strong guild as those will have higher expectations including not randomly dumping FPs

MarktheMagnificent

Going back to the original question "Should we stop plundering?" Absolutely not. Some of us rely on the generous contributions of other players. The amount of forge points and goods that I have collected have really helped to grow my city.

There is also the fun aspect of the plunderee (if that word exists) striking back. Can I defeat him/her? Have I left anything that can be stolen? Usually, I leave nothing of worth, but on the odd times they've struck back. Good for them, I say. And if they fail, they sometimes snipe me.

Live by the sword and die by the sword, eh?.

The amount an individual loses is small. Cumulatively, for the plunderer, it can add up to quite a haul. It also adds to the fun and livens up the game at those times when there is not so much to do.

The Lady Redneck

Definitely do not stop plundering. If it was not for being plundered, I would not still be here after 7 years. And back then plundering was not the only thing noobs had to endure. Hoods were not age specific so the top 5 or so members of your hood were all high age bullies who banded together and DEMANDED the rest of the hood put X amount of FPs on one of their GBs each day or they would gang up to attack everyone. I even got told by some that they would drive me from the game, whatever world I went to, because I had the gall to answer them back and say no to their demands. 7 years on and some of those idiot bully boy DPs still hold a grudge. But I have become strong enough to beat some of them. And that made it all worth it OK At first I weeped and wailed. But then I got mad. So I set about fighting back. Whatever the Ads say about the game, you simply cannot play it as a build a pretty city and trade for pretty goods game. When they call it a "City building strategy game" For Strategy read WAR. You have to toughen up and actually use your brain to figure out what strategies you can to protect that pretty city. Or throw in the towel and go play candy crush, or whatever the latest cutesy game is.