• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

should we stop plundering ????

Alpha Persei

i'm wondering ....

should INNO get rid of the option plundering ?and why do so many people hate it ? . i
t's open to any comments of those who disagree or agree to the option of plundering or not
i'm just wondering, that's all.

Graviton

There really aren't that many people who hate it, just newbs who aren't familiar with it yet and some long-time players who ... well I don't know what their problems are but they're a minority. Everybody else gets used to it as part of the game and learns how to adapt, just like every other aspect of FoE.

It's a feature, not a bug. ;)

Alpha Persei

There really aren't that many people who hate it, just newbs who aren't familiar with it and some long-time players who ... well I don't know what their problems are but they're a minority. Everybody else gets used to it as part of the game and learns how to adapt, just like every other aspect of FoE.
true ,but i don't understand why the older players will complain, shouldn't they know that plundering has a benefit and does INNO ever see the complains ? ( i know i'm asking a lot question , but i just don't understand people and their logic )

Graviton

true ,but i don't understand why the older players will complain, shouldn't they know that plundering has a benefit and does INNO ever see the complains ? ( i know i'm asking a lot question , but i just don't understand people and their logic )

I don't get it either. Maybe they just moved to a new 'hood and haven't been collecting on time and they're suddenly getting hit again. Don't assume there's logic involved.

planetofthehumans2

I hate HATE PVP in this game, not because of any plundering but the paranoia that comes from it. But Inno is built upon the sacrafices of the masses to satisfy the whales.

Of course people hate it. They don't want their s- stolen. Someone plundered a house of mine yesturday, but I didn't mind because I have 200M coins. Plundering is mostly a newbie problem, I think late game players are more concerned about sniping on their GB. Even if someone plundered one of my FP/goods buildings, it's one of many and hardly a dent in the grand scheme of my city.

Agent327

Inno is fully aware of all the view points when it comes to PvP. Players on the other hand keep thinking they can change it.

Emberguard

Personally I wouldn’t want it removed. In fact I’d love if it was put back into Bronze Age.

As far as removing plundering though, problem is you have the feature deeply rooted in the games foundation. If you remove plundering then you have a lot of defensive structures and GBs with no purpose that several years and a lot of money have been spent on. Only way to remove it would be to first repurpose Defense so you’re not completely destroying entire cities for the sake of a single production. Unless you’re losing absolutely everything then there’s no logic in worrying about being plundered. There’s so many ways of getting plunderproof resources already

DreadfulCadillac

I hate HATE PVP in this game, not because of any plundering but the paranoia that comes from it. But Inno is built upon the sacrifices of the masses to satisfy the whales.

Of course people hate it. They don't want their s- stolen. Someone plundered a house of mine yesterday, but I didn't mind because I have 200M coins. Plundering is mostly a newbie problem, I think late game players are more concerned about sniping on their GB. Even if someone plundered one of my FP/goods buildings, it's one of many and hardly a dent in the grand scheme of my city.
Yeah like if i get one of the buildings in my piazza or cherry garden set plundered, it doesn't really matter cause i still make over 200+ fp, so its like 5fp(or whatever it is) isnt anything that is financially devastating, ya know?

DevaCat

I don't think plundering should be removed either. I agree that it's more of an issue for really new players that will more or less go away as their cities improve and they actually use the advice that older players offer on how to deal with it.

I could be wrong, but when the plunder complaints come in we are usually getting only the first part. Yes, they hate having their stuff taken. How dare some other person attack me and violate my city! It's unfair! Or they climb up on their trusty steed Moral Highhorse and opine as to how terrible it is that others attack and plunder.

The part usually left out of the complaints is that they wanted to get their revenge, couldn't, and are monumentally enraged when their fantasy is rudely interrupted by the reality that their city is woefully underdeveloped in comparison to the attacker's city. This is why there are so many "ideas" about how the neighborhoods are "unfair" and "broken" and should be fixed.

I just have to wonder: if a magic wand changed their neighborhoods so that they were to be suddenly placed in the top 5, how many would park their trusty steed in the barn and come join the Dark Side?

Graviton

I can't imagine that the complainers have ever played any other similar games. I've played pirate games where your city defenses and some if not all of your buildings can be literally destroyed and you have to spend resources and time to rebuild or repair everything. I've said before, I played a space game where you could lose every resource in your inventory. Everything. Millions of coins and materials. Compared to those games FoE plundering is a love tap.

ExtraMile

Plundering should never be removed, if only to spite the whiners who can’t put up with a little bit of competitiveness.

So many people come to the forums to complain about this, that a casual onlooker might think getting plundered is the worst thing that could happen to a player. In fact, I really had to ponder why so many people come to the forum to complain about it. I would assume that for most it’s an ego thing. I mean, getting plundered isn’t even that bad. Generally speaking, the resources available for a plunderer to steal are a drop in the bucket.

These complaining noobs probably start out the game thinking that they are practically immortal after destroying the Bronze Age continent map. “I have the best army in my hood”, I can almost hear them thinking...

Then after unlocking PvP, they get attacked for the first time (and likely beaten). That’s gotta be a killer blow to a noob who thinks they’re God’s gift to FoE. Even if the plunderer only takes a few coins, the noob suddenly realizes that they are, in fact, not as good as they think. The solution, from their self-centered and offended viewpoint, can only be for Inno to change the game. Then they treat us all to yet another “I hate plundering” forum rant. They all sound the same...

For most, I’d be willing to bet the reaction would be identical even if the attacker(s) didn’t even plunder - “How dare you attack my city!”.

BruteForceAttack

i'm wondering ....

should INNO get rid of the option plundering ?and why do so many people hate it ? . i
t's open to any comments of those who disagree or agree to the option of plundering or not
i'm just wondering, that's all.

Yes, replace it with TP/stinky looking stuff dropping all over the city from sky (like snow). :eek: