• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Show level upgrades for building

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

AwesomeAadi10

Idea: If there is a building that can be upgraded, show the level upgrades when clicking on a building.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I didn’t see any idea like this.

Reason:
As far as I know playing on mobile, you can’t see the upgrade “map” I guess you would call it that shows all the levels of the building and what the building gives. Just like the upgrade kit. For example a GV, you can see the levels and advantages using an upgrade kit. But if you don’t have an upgrade kit, you would have to search up the upgrade levels on the internet and it would be much better to just have it in-game.

Details:
When you click on the building, it shows the advantages it will give. Click on that advantages pop up again and it will show the upgrade kit or map of all the levels and will make the level you have bold.

Visual Aids: None

Balance: N/A

Abuse Prevention: N/A

Summary: Sure, you could just search up the levels on the internet but it could be so much easier and more convenient to just have it in game.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
I do not see the benefits of this. If you don't have an upgrade kit you can not upgrade, so what is the use of seeing what the building will give on higher levels? The moment you can get an upgrade kit, like in the AD, you can see what it can do to your building. That is soon enough.

Tony 85 the Generous

Any building that can be upgraded has a level in the name. For example Half of Fame used to say "Hall of Fame" they now say "Hall of Fame Level 1" for level 1 Hall of Fame.

As Agent said, without the upgrade for the building, why worry about what the next level can do. When you see an upgrade kit available, you can click on it to see what benefit it provides and you can make the decision at that time.

Personally, I believe this would require a significant update to the interface as clicking on a non-gb does not provide any way for "an additional" click or way to display the benefits provided by the levels. That is to say, there is no good way to get from the current info box to the info box displayed when you click on an upgrade kit.

Perhaps the name could be changed from "Hall of Fame Level 1" to "Hall of Fame Level 1 of 2".

As an aside, Why doesn't the SoK have the level in it's name? I have seen SoK Level 2 in other cities so upgrade kits are/were available. Are the SoK level kits no longer available?

AwesomeAadi10

I do not see the benefits of this. If you don't have an upgrade kit you can not upgrade, so what is the use of seeing what the building will give on higher levels? The moment you can get an upgrade kit, like in the AD, you can see what it can do to your building. That is soon enough.
Say you have an upgrade kit of a building that will become larger in size after the upgrade. If you know this before you get the upgrade kit, you can make arrangements for it which can save some time. It’s more convenient.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Say you have an upgrade kit of a building that will become larger in size after the upgrade. If you know this before you get the upgrade kit, you can make arrangements for it which can save some time. It’s more convenient.
If a building becomes larger in size from using an upgrade kit it will be e new building and not a higher level of a present building, so that info would still not be shown.

If devs don't get confronted with ideas like this it will save time. It's more convenient.

DevaCat

I would much prefer that the devs work on something more critical.

I'm a no, not because it's a terrible idea but because I think it's a big ask to develop a workable version of this, for every single upgradable building, for something we can easily do for ourselves. New building? Check a wiki, note at what level it makes sense to you to place it, note how high you want to take it, note how it's rewards, boosts etc change as it levels. Do this once and you are done.

Or just get an upgrade kit.

Farfle the smelly

Hmm, I see and agree with both sides. I think what Aadi is trying to accomplish is eliminate the need for researching on the wiki, yes? It’s quite a tedious process. The app is not easy to make decisions without closing the app itself for research. I DO think the app could use more info like this but I also agree that there are probably more critical things to be addressed, though I couldn’t tell you what they were. I’m a maybe, so abstaining to vote until I hear more from other older players.

Salsuero

I do not see the benefits of this. If you don't have an upgrade kit you can not upgrade, so what is the use of seeing what the building will give on higher levels?
Well, for one... if your building is at max level, you would know not to try and win an upgrade kit for it. Some buildings have so many levels, I can see someone not remembering the event building from 3 years ago and what its max level is. Same for buildings that change names or add levels and you maybe didn't see the announcement that new levels have been added... such as for the Hall of Fame or the Graveyard. I don't think it's as simple as to say "you should already know". I see no reason why this can't be sent to the devs to let them prioritize for themselves.

If a building becomes larger in size from using an upgrade kit it will be e new building and not a higher level of a present building, so that info would still not be shown.
A building that grows in size gets put back into your inventory because it's bigger... but it's still an upgraded version of the base version... or it wouldn't take an "upgrade kit" to make it so.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.34.04 PM.png

Last edited:

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Well, for one... if your building is at max level, you would know not to try and win an upgrade kit for it. Some buildings have so many levels, I can see someone not remembering the event building from 3 years ago and what its max level is. Same for buildings that change names or add levels and you maybe didn't see the announcement that new levels have been added... such as for the Hall of Fame or the Graveyard. I don't think it's as simple as to say "you should already know". I see no reason why this can't be sent to the devs to let them prioritize for themselves.
How would you not know if a building has reached it's max level? I am willing to bet every active player knows. Event buildings from 3 years ago are outdated anyhow. Are you playing a game, or just filling some idle 5 minutes you have every two weeks?

A building that grows in size gets put back into your inventory because it's bigger... but it's still an upgraded version of the base version... or it wouldn't take an "upgrade kit" to make it so.
It is a new version of the base version. If it wasn't, it would not be put in your inventory.

AwesomeAadi10

I would much prefer that the devs work on something more critical.

I'm a no, not because it's a terrible idea but because I think it's a big ask to develop a workable version of this, for every single upgradable building, for something we can easily do for ourselves. New building? Check a wiki, note at what level it makes sense to you to place it, note how high you want to take it, note how it's rewards, boosts etc change as it levels. Do this once and you are done.

Or just get an upgrade kit.
Yes, you can search up the levels of all the upgradable buildings on the wiki. But as you said that it would be a lot of work for the devs to do it to every single upgradable building, it would be very tedious to search up every single upgradable building instead of having it ready for you. It is a game’s job to make it an actual game where you don’t have to research half the things in the game that can be right there in-game and minimalize “work” and maximize “play”. I don’t want to sound like the people that just want to make the game easier, but as Farfle the Smelly said, it gets super tedious.

Tony 85 the Generous

Not correct. SoK doesn't. Terrace Farm doesn't and neither do buildings where the name changes like the Cidermill.

SoK upgrade kits are still available.
Yeah. I kind of took that back in the same post. Question is why don't all level-able buildings have their level in the name? By levelable I mean like SoK and HoF, not CiderMill that changes names.

Salsuero

How would you not know if a building has reached it's max level? I am willing to bet every active player knows. Event buildings from 3 years ago are outdated anyhow. Are you playing a game, or just filling some idle 5 minutes you have every two weeks?
Why is that relevant? Doesn't change anything. Just because you know it all and play 8 hours a day doesn't mean everyone does. And I have some of those 3-year old buildings as beloved vintage buildings of the citizens of my town.

It is a new version of the base version. If it wasn't, it would not be put in your inventory.
Clearly says upgrade.

Salsuero

Question is why don't all level-able buildings have their level in the name? By levelable I mean like SoK and HoF, not CiderMill that changes names.
Oversight. They added the extra levels after those buildings have already been in the game for years and they just haven't bothered to go back and edit the originals.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Why is that relevant? Doesn't change anything. Just because you know it all and play 8 hours a day doesn't mean everyone does. And I have some of those 3-year old buildings as beloved vintage buildings of the citizens of my town.
So that isn't relevant, but that you like to collect vintage buildings and treat the game like Sim City is? :eek:

Salsuero

that you like to collect vintage buildings
Assumption. I never said that. You did. Don't assume. My buildings have a purpose... and if they're old, that's not something I'm bothered by.

treat the game like Sim City
I'm a veteran of city sim games. This ain't that. Don't pretend to have a point by dropping other game titles as references to that point. I use the buildings in my town for specific reasons. The SoK is pretty damn vintage, but I don't see you complaining about those, eh? You know what does look like an old Sim City town with repetitive buildings everywhere? Those towns with 50+ SoKs all lined up in a row. Or towns with tons of event buildings that diamond players have covering their maps. But... nothing wrong with that... we don't all play the same way and that's what makes this game interesting in my opinion.

Tony 85 the Generous

Oversight. They added the extra levels after those buildings have already been in the game for years and they just haven't bothered to go back and edit the originals.
But they did. HoF used to just say "Hall of Fame" but they changed it to "Hall of Fame - Level 1". But they only changed some of the names.