Show theater?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Alvadora, May 15, 2018.

1. Alvadora

Alvadora Active Member

I have the show theater for watching ads in my city? Was there an announcement for it? I thought on beta forum it was mentioned that the show theater would not come (yet in the current form), because of all the negative comments this feature received.

Now, the most essential question. Is there a setting to disable it? Or is the only option to ignore it?

2. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

There was no announcement. Not everyone has it. I don't think it was supposed to go out live as it was a suspended feature on Beta. They did implement the ability to turn it off in the Settings on Beta but I have no idea if that's in the limited (accidental?) Live version as I don't have it on any of my cities and I'm on all of them.

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  3. Alvadora

Alvadora Active Member

There is indeed a setting to turn it off! Good!

Maybe they want to test it like the dailies. With turning it on, the whole theater is removed.

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  4. Mustapha00

Mustapha00 Well-Known Member

It might be that the Theater is only available to mobile users. I can't say for sure one way or another, as I've not tried it on my PC.

What it offers is the ability to watch a 30 second ad for another mobile game every four hours. After you watch the video ad, you receive a reward for doing so. I've received coins, supplies, forge points and goods so far, and I'd swear that the amount you get is boosted by your Chateau Fronty-thingie.

5. Titris Thrawns

Titris Thrawns Well-Known Member

I've had a few guildies report they have the feature and they bounce between mobile & PC. I do not have the feature, and I bounce between mobile & PC. *Shrugs*

My money is on another limited release to Live test, like DC & incidents.

6. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

You are quite right sir;

from EN server

7. Victoria and Albert

Victoria and Albert Active Member

I’ve got it in Vingrid but only on my phone. Good prizes so far but I could see getting sick of the ad. My question is did they remove the Incidents to put in the theater?

8. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

No they didn't remove the incidents. I guess Show Hall is just for mobile / tablet platforms. You can turn it off in the settings menu.

bobhurd likes this.
  9. KingJase24

KingJase24 Well-Known Member

I get it on mobile but not PC

10. Mustapha00

Mustapha00 Well-Known Member

At least the ads do change pretty frequently, and they're only 30 seconds long, so the reward is, I think, worth the time expenditure involved.

bobhurd likes this.
  11. Darth Mole

Darth Mole Well-Known Member

Haven't seen them at all on any of my cities
    Phew.

12. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

@Darth Mole some have them in town but some haven't seen them at all. depends on which platforms u're playing.
    might also depend on some other things as well which idk, but i can surely say that.

13. draxxa

draxxa Member

While I agree with you about time, I just run it while I'm doing something around the house so it's not really wasting anything. I don't go out of my way to run the ad but if I notice it, why not?

14. draxxa

draxxa Member

I suppose. Not going to get into it on that one haha.

15. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Part of the reason they dropped it on the beta is that they could not get past the addblockers.