• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Issue Siege Camp % not working as advertised.

Fizxguy

I have never seen this happen. Which provinces is this occurring on? And were they constructed?

If the provinces were touching and all siege camps fully completed then you'll need a ticket to verify attrition and camps. But at least if you tell me here what the provinces were with the camps and the province you're attacking I can tell you whether they'd have counted
Yes, of course they had finished being constructed. I have seen it happen on all ring 1 and ring 2 sectors.

Tony 85 the Generous

It doesn't. They stack. One would expect that,
As a programmer, I don't expect anything from from anyone else's code unless I have seen the code, performed or seen the documented testing. The wiki does not indicate how Inno expects multiple of the same building to work.

if they worked independently, you should expect A TON of attrition over time... especially if multiple Traps are set up in the territory you are attacking. This doesn't happen, which implies that your theory is incorrect, does it not?
No it does not. It implies that no one here knows the exact answer. That no one with knowledge of the code has responded.

As for acting consecutively, that will depend on how unlucky you are. 3 attrition in 130 attacks is 2.3%, but that does not take into account luck. Was I unlucky and the number is higher, or lucky and the number is low (I would say unlucky based on past experience).

Salsuero

Ok, Doc. Poorly-quoted reply aside, my suggestion to you is: submit a ticket in-game. There are many of us who also have tons of attacks and negotiations under our belts who have never seen this, so it clearly sounds like a limited bug as I'm highly doubtful of the rest of us having astronomically good luck. I suppose it's possible all of us just have tremendous luck. But it seems very unlikely at this point. With all the Diamond League fighting going on, one would think this would've come up far sooner, given how long GBg has been a thing now. Submit a ticket and see where it goes. Posting it here is one way to draw attention to it, but an in-game ticket might get additional (perhaps better) attention as well.

Last edited:

Tony 85 the Generous

There are many of us who also have tons of attacks and negotiations under our belts who have never seen this, so it clearly sounds like a limited bug as I'm highly doubtful of the rest of us having astronomically good luck. I suppose it's possible all of us just have tremendous luck. But it seems very unlikely at this point. With all the Diamond League fighting going on, one would think this would've come up far sooner, given how long GBg has been a thing now. Submit a ticket and see where it goes. Posting it here is one way to draw attention to it, but an in-game ticket might get additional (perhaps better) attention as well.
In the years of experience I have programming stuff for others to use, you don't notice a problem until you notice the problem. Could be hours, minutes, days, weeks, or years. (yes I have had problems reported that existed for years but no one noticed). Furthermore some problems you don't notice unless you are looking for them. Ask any pro-performer, when it comes down the the end they start to notice all kinds of things that have been there through the whole game/show/event but you didn't notice until you (subconsciously, in this case) start looking for them.

Last edited:

Salsuero

In the years of experience I have programming stuff for others to use, you don't notice a problem until you notice the problem. Could be hours, minutes, days, weeks, or years. (yes I have had problems reported that existed for years but no one noticed). Furthermore some problems you don't notice unless you are looking for them. Ask any pro-performer, when it comes down the the end they start to notice all kinds of things that have been there through the whole game/show/event but you didn't notice until you (subconsciously, in this case) start looking for them.
Why are you still replying to me on this? I gave the OP my advice. I thought that would be the end of it. You're still trying to make a point. I'm not sure why, but I really don't think you need to keep beating this dead horse... do you?

Plain Red Justice

I did not notice it until I tried and looked/watched for it. Obviously the chance of increasing attrition is very low and as it is based on chance, there is a chance that in taking a sector solo your attrition still may not increase.
Yeah I watch my attrition intently and my eyes are good. Think of a guy that will notice if a GB that was posted dozen hours ago that requires several seconds of scrolling in a 1.9 thread that is open for sniping because he left the GB open at the next level and would then proceed to call another guildmate to 1.9 it while the owner is sleeping

iantx

I was going to post about the same issue and then found this thread, I am experiencing the same abnormal results on attrition the last couple weeks. For example, I was attacking the B1O today with 3 siege camps supporting (should be attrition on 28% of fights) and my attrition was increased on 2/3rds of fights (66.7%). A few minutes later was attacking the C1N sector with 3 siege camps supporting (should again be 28% attrition) and I got attrition on 80% of fights. Something is definitely off in the coding on attrition. This has been going on for the last couple weeks. Glad to know I am not the only one experiencing this.

Salsuero

Something is definitely off in the coding on attrition.
It's a chance, not a guarantee. Statistics don't necessarily hold up under limited circumstances such as the ones you're describing. Sometimes, you'll see no attrition at all. Sometimes your luck just isn't good.

Plain Red Justice

I've tried looking for this bug again with autobattling this time instead of purely negotiating for 2223 battles. I was tapping a sector with 5 camps bordering it and my attrition increased by 1.

This seems to be a real bug

Emberguard

Senior Ingame Moderator
No, I mean supporting screenshots to paint a visual of where you attacked and which provinces had the siege camps. Now would be the best time to gather the info if it just happened

Emberguard

Senior Ingame Moderator
Then you can put in a support ticket and you’ll have what I need to make sure I’m checking the correct provinces for what happened when