• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Since when can Event buildings be plundered?

Algona

Double shots for everyone!

If only life wouldn’t get in the way at times. :)

See the first entry in my signature.

See RPs post and read the next to last entry in my Sig.

And you only have so many self motivation boosts or Mass Motivation boosts.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce Decorations, AND increase your Friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your Houses, Supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your Coin/Supply production will go up because Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

That's part of my steps to mitigate plundering. Want me to post the rest?

Last edited:

Emberguard

as far as motivating goes, I can control who motivates what, must people use the auto mode so the game deceits which building gets it.
Aid order doesn’t even matter. You just need enough to motivate all your buildings.

even so the game automatically places aid on the building that’d add the highest value to your city when aided. FP buildings get aided first. Then goods, then the rest I forget but coins + happiness is on the bottom. If your FP buildings aren’t getting aided then they can’t produce. In which case if the plunderer took from a “+FPs when aided“ building you haven’t really lost anything of high value from the plunderer as it’d be just coins. But it would tell you that your city needs to improve its network of friends to get more aid coming in so you’re not losing production on something not getting motivated

Really? You’ve just been lucky up until now. I started playing during the Winter Event in December 2019, and I had a player with a level 80 Arc and Level 80 Traz in my neighborhood who plundered my event buildings every day. He was hanging out in Iron Age but had all of these high level GBs, so was put up against newbies like me, which made me have to learn how to defend my city REAL FAST

The Lady Redneck

which made me have to learn how to defend my city REAL FAST
Yeah.. we all go through that. At the time it is a pain, but it also helped me really learn the game. How to build a strong military and work out strategies to secure my goods and other buildings. Now my cities are strong enough to stop all but a really serious plunderer get through. Which happens so rarely the amount of goods taken no longer matters. So those early plunderers did me a favor.

Yeah.. we all go through that. At the time it is a pain, but it also helped me really learn the game. How to build a strong military and work out strategies to secure my goods and other buildings. Now my cities are strong enough to stop all but a really serious plunderer get through. Which happens so rarely the amount of goods taken no longer matters. So those early plunderers did me a favor.

Yeah, at first I was real b@tthurt about it, but learned not only how to defend my city against attacks and build up my army, and how to gather all of my productions in a timely manner, but also I learned that it’s not a good idea to move up in age without having a strong military. So I built my military GBs. A lot. And I also learned not to cry about a few plunderings. Eventually that guy moved on to another neighborhood where I’m sure he’s terrorizing a bunch of other noobs, and they’ll either learn to collect their productions and build up their military GBs or they’ll cry about it, so he did me a favor

The Lady Redneck

And OK some will say "OH YEAH!!" but it is also one of the reasons I now do some plundering, If it makes someone mad enough, or determined enough to do something about it and learn the game thatid good. A kinds warped pay it forward LOL

And OK some will say "OH YEAH!!" but it is also one of the reasons I now do some plundering, If it makes someone mad enough, or determined enough to do something about it and learn the game thatid good. A kinds warped pay it forward LOL

Lol but true! I’ve heard of some people who refuse to engage in any of the, let’s call them “PVP tournament” aspects of the game, but it’s actually literally part of the game. And once you come to terms with it and lick your wounds it can be fun to get revenge

Iroh the Tea Maker

Some players advised against building the Celtic forest (though I didn't listen, it was my first event building).

Well thats pretty stupid, because players with million of points attacking you and you can not protect yourself from it. I have defence at 143% jet this guy who has millions of points and every GB this gme hs comes every day or other day and raids my event buildings. I guess is one of the many stupid things bout this game that makes players move away from the game.

I think FOE (unlike many other games that force a balance) relies on this imbalance to keep the PVP going, so I don't see this going away soon.

Although a better idea would have been to encourage more PvP by improving rewards. Current pay off is pretty small at HMA where I am because recruiting a unit takes as much time as producing the goods I could plunder. I would rather use that on GBG or GE or the map.

I also think the necessity of having GBs far ahead of your age, (which players build by trading goods for FP outside of what the game is tooled for) is a by-product of this unfortunate game design.

But for now collecting on time and having a strong defensive army (though nothing can stop an attacker with a Traz and rogue hideout and boosts) seem to minimize damage.

Emberguard

Some players advised against building the Celtic forest (though I didn't listen, it was my first event building).
Yeah nothing wrong with using sets. Especially if you haven’t got many event buildings. At least there is a plunderproof building in the set. The Majestic Fawn. Only 2 FPs but it’s guaranteed protected without motivation needed. It’s the other pieces in the set that need collecting from on time to prevent plundering

Advice on what to build or avoid building for main event buildings really only applies if you’re filling the entire city with it or ran out of room for events. You should be deleting or storing your worst events to replace with new event build8nfs once you run out of space