• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Size and cost of GBs and Event buildings.

DeletedUser41361

It is now costing me 12,000 medals to build one square expansion. At the same time, event rewards are huge 6 and 7 square in length, as are GBs. Why is this? You make it so difficult to expand my territory with the frugal dishing out of medals, I cannot participate in the Event rewards, let alone make enough room for GBs. Please consider limiting the size of these so we can have more on our board.

DeletedUser34893

I am pretty sure there are millions of other players who managed to overcome these obstacles and grow some nice cities. Have you considered how you might be able to obtain more medals for expansions? I am also pretty sure not everyone has all the event buildings they wish they could have in their cities. If space wasn't an issue that wouldn't make the game very challenging, at least not for me. I suggest you do some research and figure out which Buildings, either Great or special will benefit you the most in the space you have and then use other wise choices to utilize new expansions.

- KQ -

It is now costing me 12,000 medals to build one square expansion. At the same time, event rewards are huge 6 and 7 square in length, as are GBs. Why is this? You make it so difficult to expand my territory with the frugal dishing out of medals, I cannot participate in the Event rewards, let alone make enough room for GBs. Please consider limiting the size of these so we can have more on our board.

Getting medals for expansion should be part of your game strategy. Level up your Arc so you can maximize the medals you can gather. GE in the later rounds gives a fair amount of medals too. If you're just at 12K medals for expansion, you're probably new to the game. Be patient and persistent and you'll get there.

DeletedUser31499

Yes, level your arc. Get an arc swap partner to start and you both lock 1st on each other’s arc. When you get it to level 20 or more join a 1.9 group if your guild has one. If it doesn’t find a better guild. Doing the above and you’ll get plenty of medals. I paid 950k medals for my last expansion. No big deal as I now have 96 million medals in inventory. The arc and aiding others in a 1.9 group is the reason for that

HALLT628

I might add, not all the event buildings are worth constructing, especially if you weren't able to get all the upgrades. Wait to construct them until the end of each event if you're not sure you will finish the quests. Also, as you're growing your city you're likely in most need of goods and fps. But, once things level off you might want to focus on special event buildings that give attack and defense bonuses, and you can probably store some of the more obsolete ones you no longer benefit from.

Mustapha00

While I have my..."issues"...with many of Inno's decisions as to what to do and what not to do, the one thing on which they have been remarkably consistent (at least for the time I've played FoE) and for which I applaud them is not making additional space (or perhaps I should say "making all the additional space one could possibly want") easily obtainable. Sure, as they've added additional Ages to the game, they've added additional Expansions- as it should be. But they have struck what I consider to be an excellent balance between "needs" and "wants". It's not the worst thing in the world for players to have to make tough decisions as to what they place in the limited space available.

DeletedUser41361

It's much tougher for players in the early ages. I'm hesitant to move into industrial age because I like the "feel" of the pre-pollution environment better.

RazorbackPirate

It's much tougher for players in the early ages. I'm hesitant to move into industrial age because I like the "feel" of the pre-pollution environment better.
Shows how little you know. Era's prior to the Industrial Age literally had sewage running down the streets. Houses were heated with wood, and lit with kerosene lamps and candles which covered everything inside and out (including lungs) with soot. Trash was burned or simply thrown in the nearest hole. There has NEVER been a time where there was not pollution of some sort. To think there was is pure ignorance.

Last edited: